ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Deleted User 4

Wait, sooo where's the in-line heater? lol

I might want to copy your in-line heater for my next future build ahha, won't be a yr from now though lol.

Is it hidden in your canister?

Ohh, had no idea they renamed it to mini L haha. Can't believe I missed it back then when you had it....

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tank looks sweet. Can't wait to see this take shape!

Also - I want to see your planted! I have a 20G planted that has been running for... a year and a half or more.. I can't remember.

Thanks alot aqua im looking forward to how it will look in a month.

Well its not much right now heres a pic of the hardscape..

8400337309_3f506cf517_n.jpg

I have the plants growing emersed right now i want them to fill in a bit more before i flood it.

Wait, sooo where's the in-line heater? lol

I might want to copy your in-line heater for my next future build ahha, won't be a yr from now though lol.

Is it hidden in your canister?

Ohh, had no idea they renamed it to mini L haha. Can't believe I missed it back then when you had it....

I dont have a picture of it atm but you can just plumb it into the return line like this. well they didnt just rename it they actually changed the dimensions as well. I never got around to turning it into a reef i just used it as a qt tank and cycling tank and then accidnetally broke it..lol so mad at myself for that one

rps12929.gif

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Thanks alot aqua im looking forward to how it will look in a month.

Well its not much right now heres a pic of the hardscape..

8400337309_3f506cf517_n.jpg

I have the plants growing emersed right now i want them to fill in a bit more before i flood it.

I dont have a picture of it atm but you can just plumb it into the return line like this

rps12929.gif

Hmmm I see. Thanks for the demonstrating picture :)

Deleted User 4

Hype be careful of that inline heaters, I've read acouple threadsd on RC that those go bad/the glass cracks. just a heads up!

Really?? Shoot, now this is hard....

Hype be careful of that inline heaters, I've read acouple threadsd on RC that those go bad/the glass cracks. just a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up bob. Im hoping i got a good one.

• Like 2

Is the planted gonna be Iwagumi? I love planted tanks, I'm working on a 7gallon moss paludarium right now :)

Yep. This is my first one. Its been alot of fun so far hopefully it grows out well. Thats awesome do you have a thread for your paludarium?

Deleted User 4

Yep. This is my first one. Its been alot of fun so far hopefully it grows out well. Thats awesome do you have a thread for your paludarium?

Hey, have anyone ever kept it dry without adding the water into it?

Hmmm would be less maintenance yet still aesthetic :)

Thanks for the heads up bob. Im hoping i got a good one.

just get like a temp controller to control it if the controller on the heater fails. you should be good!

• Like 1

Hey, have anyone ever kept it dry without adding the water into it?

Hmmm would be less maintenance yet still aesthetic :)

yep ive seen completely emersed setups and many plants grow just as well. But i love the look of an "underwater garden"

just get like a temp controller to control it if the controller on the heater fails. you should be good!

sounds good thanks for the suggestion

There's temp controllers?

Aquarium controller (reef keeper lite,apex etc..)

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

yep ive seen completely emersed setups and many plants grow just as well. But i love the look of an "underwater garden"

I see. Dryscaped dry tank looks pretty zen-ish :)

I see. Dryscaped dry tank looks pretty zen-ish :)

I totally agree with you the way tank looks now emersed is pretty zenish and its awesome to know i could maintain it either way and still retain its natural beauty.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I totally agree with you the way tank looks now emersed is pretty zenish and its awesome to know i could maintain it either way and still retain its natural beauty.

yupp I agree with you :)

yeah look up on marinedepot, temp controllers, alot of company makes them

Hmmm never used one or seen one in performance haha. I'll check it out.

Less talkie, more pics!!! :D

Seriously Hype, you could take pictures of your equipment, and I would be like "How does he do it?!" Haha

• Like 1

Archived