SaltCritters.com

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Deleted User 4

I keep going back to the 1st page to see the pictures again over and over again ahah.

I keep thinking, what are you going to do with this tank and imagine what it would look like with certain types of corals and such ahahah.

This tank is going to the best build you've come up with till this point compare to your previous tanks in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
André Silvestre

Rehype, another one bites the dust!

Clean and simple. I like it! Now, it all depends on your livestock choices. Knowing it´s a Caribbean biotope, there should be some interesting mushrooms in there to fill in nicely the base of your hardscape. Keep the pics coming.

Looked into your Iwagumi. Careful with the substrate sloops. I suggest you place some small rocks unaligned ( to look natural) to define a little bit more the river bed along the sand and will serve as walls, preventing the substrate to roll into the sand, until plants to their job and secure the substrate with their roots. As for the layout, it looks promising. Are you planting glossostigma or callitrichoides " Cuba"? The last one would look very nice regarding the tank´s dimensions but glosso is more firmly tight to the substrate. Also, it needs less micronutrients than H.C. Some Eleocharis would look nice too next to the base of the rocks. :)

Had the same heater in my planted tanks. Had it for five years. Loved it and the best of all, no heater in sight!

Keep the updates coming!

André

• Like 1

Glad to see you back buddy! Less is more... looking forward to seeing this unfold!

Thanks dc! I agree im trying to keep this build as simple as possible.

Oh baby! Can't wait to see how this one matures, Eugene!

Thanks for checking in paleo...i swear youve been around for every one of my builds thanks for the support

Working on an 80 gallon 48x24x16

Those are sick dimensions where the link to your build thread?

Less talkie, more pics!!! :D

Seriously Hype, you could take pictures of your equipment, and I would be like "How does he do it?!" Haha

:lol: :lol: Yea right. Well since were talking about equipment here a pic of the glassware

8400339199_b87108bc98.jpg

Oh my gosh...you're back!!! All is right in the world again. That means I'll have more pics to look forward to again. :wub:

**squee**

Glad to be back rain. I felt a bit empty without my hobby..

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

What the freak!!! Aren't the authentic lily pipes expensive? I know for ada is hella pricey but I wouldn't expect much less from do!aqua.

There are replica ones for dirt cheap on ebay, I think a set of inflow and outflow lily pipes exactly like the ada and do!aqua for only $30 ahah.

I keep going back to the 1st page to see the pictures again over and over again ahah.

I keep thinking, what are you going to do with this tank and imagine what it would look like with certain types of corals and such ahahah.

This tank is going to the best build you've come up with till this point compare to your previous tanks in my opinion.

Thanks man. My head was spinning for a few days trying to nail down exactly what i was going to do with this build but I think i got it. Hopefully it comes close to what i have in my head...lol

Rehype, another one bites the dust!

Clean and simple. I like it! Now, it all depends on your livestock choices. Knowing it´s a Caribbean biotope, there should be some interesting mushrooms in there to fill in nicely the base of your hardscape. Keep the pics coming.

Looked into your Iwagumi. Careful with the substrate sloops. I suggest you place some small rocks unaligned ( to look natural) to define a little bit more the river bed along the sand and will serve as walls, preventing the substrate to roll into the sand, until plants to their job and secure the substrate with their roots. As for the layout, it looks promising. Are you planting glossostigma or callitrichoides " Cuba"? The last one would look very nice regarding the tank´s dimensions but glosso is more firmly tight to the substrate. Also, it needs less micronutrients than H.C. Some Eleocharis would look nice too next to the base of the rocks. :)

Had the same heater in my planted tanks. Had it for five years. Loved it and the best of all, no heater in sight!

Keep the updates coming!

André

Thanks for checking in Andre huge fan of your work sir. I totally agree with you about the slope i was actually planning to pick up some gravel this week to support as well as create a more natural transition from the soil to riverbed. Ive already planted both glossostigma and callitrichoides. They've been growing emersed for the last few weeks. We must think alike because i actually have some Eleocharis coming in on thursday that i plan to use to accentuate the rocks.

Glad to hear your heater held up all those years without issues.

Will do!

Welcome back to the dark side. :)

:D:happy:

YES! I'm gettin' instant emails for this thread :lol: those cubes are great for bommie tanks, I'm very excited to see you back in the game B)

Its weird because im not getting them :lol: server must be busy. Im very excited to be back...gotta love my nano reef fam :grouphug:

awwww #### yeah

Hey jessy :happy:

• Like 1

What the freak!!! Aren't the authentic lily pipes expensive? I know for ada is hella pricey but I wouldn't expect much less from do!aqua.

There are replica ones for dirt cheap on ebay, I think a set of inflow and outflow lily pipes exactly like the ada and do!aqua for only $30 ahah.

Yea i have cal and do aqua pipes and i also have the ebay brands as backup just in case i break one while cleaning (which ive done in the past) lol

Too bad I've reached my limit of "likes" for the day..............lololol

Ha i didnt know there was a limit..

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Yea i have cal and do aqua pipes and i also have the ebay brands as backup just in case i break one while cleaning (which ive done in the past) lol

Ha i didnt know there was a limit..

Wait, what's cal?

Are they easily to break? Did you buy the cleaning tool for it on ebay?

Wait, what's cal?

Are they easily to break? Did you buy the cleaning tool for it on ebay?

Cal aqua

No not really just have to be careful when your cleaning them. I actually bought the one from ADA

Those are sick dimensions where the link to your build thread?

I dunno if im gonna make one. Doesn't feel right considering my last build got closed. I do visit and read the site alot though still.

I dunno if im gonna make one. Doesn't feel right considering my last build got closed. I do visit and read the site alot though still.

I think you should...dont let past experiences prevent you from making new ones. Those dimensions deserve a thread :)

Deleted User 4

Cal aqua

No not really just have to be careful when your cleaning them. I actually bought the one from ADA

I think ada tanks are at a fair price, but when it comes to their equipments.....like the lily pipes!!! Just the inflow piece costs like $100+ by itself....same goes for the outlow lily pipe LOL.

How much was the cleaning tool for it? I think ada charges too much for the equipments. Tanks are sooo worth it though ahah.

Never heard of Cal Aqua.......haha

I think ada tanks are at a fair price, but when it comes to their equipments.....like the lily pipes!!! Just the inflow piece costs like $100+ by itself....same goes for the outlow lily pipe LOL.

How much was the cleaning tool for it? I think ada charges too much for the equipments. Tanks are sooo worth it though ahah.

Never heard of Cal Aqua.......haha

Yea their prices are inflated but they also are the best quality. But I agree their tank quality is second to none and the prices are fair while the rest of their equipment is overpriced.

The spring washer is $25

Cal aqua equipment gets resold through Green Leaf Aquariums.

Deleted User 4

Yea their prices are inflated but they also are the best quality. But I agree their tank quality is second to none and the prices are fair while the rest of their equipment is overpriced.

The spring washer is $25

Cal aqua equipment gets resold through Green Leaf Aquariums.

I see. Man, I'm going to do the same thing as you for my next build except I'm getting the ada 45c (18x18x18 preordered, probably going to have to vacate over to San Francisco ahah to save shipping costs :) ) and get the fluval g3 canister with 17mm lily pipes. I guess I'm going to have to get spare ones like you....good thing I asked and you mentioned it because I wasn't ever going to have spare ones till you said what happened in the past....lol

And as for the heater, I'm glad you told me how it works. Definitely will look clean being stealthy and all.

These will definitely be better in quality and costs compared to an elos mini in my opinion because the elos mini only comes starphire in the front panel glass......pretty sad haha.

Is there really a difference between the ada's spring washer and replica ones on ebay? lol

+1. The Do Aqua lily pipes break pretty easily if you do any sort of maintenance.

Deleted User 4

+1. The Do Aqua lily pipes break pretty easily if you do any sort of maintenance.

What about the ebay replica ones? Or the ada ones? Man, would be so sad to see $100+ gone easily broken.

I remember the CAD 39, the ADA 60-F, and most recent shallow tank off the top of my head. Anyway, what are you think of for stocking? Sea horses? Gorgionians, zoas, and rics?

Thanks for checking in paleo...i swear you've been around for every one of my builds thanks for the support

Pretty sweet hard scape!

Thanks alot aqua im looking forward to how it will look in a month.

Well its not much right now heres a pic of the hardscape..

8400337309_3f506cf517_n.jpg

I have the plants growing emersed right now i want them to fill in a bit more before i flood it.

Great looking little tank Hype! Something about the lily pipes just looks awesome and clean especially if you can get all the flow out them that you need without adding any powerheads.

Archived