Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Hey guys so my hiatus lasted a bit shorter than I planned. I started my first planted tank but while waiting for it to grow in i decided to setup another saltwater tank.There was one piece of rock from my last scape that I thought would look awesome all on its own. I decided to try a biotope as its something ive never done before. The scape is bommie inspired and will feature livestock from the carribean. The tank has been cycling for the last few weeks and ill probably add livestock in a week or two.

Tank:ADA 30-C

Hydor 200w in line heater

70 Watt FNI Halide

Eheim 2213 Canister Filter

Heres some pics

8402831982_be9aba102e.jpg

8402832368_eb2153471c.jpg

8402840788_282b164914.jpg

8401743397_2af73d519b.jpg

8401741389_8b485e2ea8.jpg

January FTS

8420137300_564fbc105e.jpg

8419040403_284f5cf3db.jpg

March FTS

8567312304_0ae5a2d776.jpg

8569553873_fc91abab9a.jpg

• Like 14
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo your back! The new tank looks great, we all know you will turn it into a masterpiece.

Thank man i appreciate it. Your cube is looking great as well

omgomgomg

Knew you'd be back. We've missed you :D Tank looks awesome BTW

Thanks man missed you guys too. You know i couldnt stay away too long :D

Definately following this! Haha didn't take long huh? Sooo.... Besides what you mentioned, any inspirations you would like to share with us?

Definately following this! Haha didn't take long huh? Sooo.... Besides what you mentioned, any inspirations you would like to share with us?

Thanks man. Well i was setting up the freshwater tank and thought a reef would look awesome next to it. But i wanted to do something a bit different than my normal stocking habits. I was mostly inspired by the tranquility of planted aquascapes. Well done planted tanks always make you reflect on nature and thats my goal with this biotope. I was also inspired by the abundance of life found in coral bommies so that really helped me in deciding on livestock.

Looking forward to the new build. I'm liking the clean all glass look so far.

Thanks alot ice. Your 12 gallon is coming along great.

omgomgomg omg can't wait!

:happy:

Your tanks are always gorgeous. :)

Thanks so much lani...Ive always loved your builds as well :)

Looks good man. Can't wait to see your planted one too. You had me obsessing over planted tanks for a few weeks after we met up haha

Thanks alot man. Im loving doing both right now. In a month or so it should be something to look at and ill definitely post a pic of them side by side.

BTW Love what you did with the 60p so far looks really good.

Haha I knew you would be back. I seen your online light on everyday you never left lol. What bulb you using in the new fixture? Tank is lookie great I like minimal live rock.

Deleted User 4

Hahaha Ada for the win!!! :)

Btw do you have pictures of the eheim canister filter?

Have you heard of the fluval g3 canister?? I'm thinking of getting the lily pipes inflow and outflow for it as a filtration mechanism on a Ada 45c. 18 x18x18 for my next build haha.

How are you liking Ada's quality hmmm?? :)

Wow just thanks, do you know how hard it is too pick up your own eyes!

Looks AWESOME! What fish you thinking?

Ha thanks alot man. I have a few ideas but am still deciding on compatibility and practicality in a tank this size

Haha I knew you would be back. I seen your online light on everyday you never left lol. What bulb you using in the new fixture? Tank is lookie great I like minimal live rock.

lol you know i couldnt go far....I have to keep with all of you guys threads ;) Theres a xm20k bulb in that picture but i have 10k bulb in at the moment. Thanks alot man

omgomgomg

You're back, :wub:. This time I'm following from step one.

Hey kat! glad your following along. :)

Hahaha Ada for the win!!! :) Btw do you have pictures of the eheim canister filter? Have you heard of the fluval g3 canister?? I'm thinking of getting the lily pipes inflow and outflow for it as a filtration mechanism on a Ada 45c. 18 x18x18 for my next build haha. How are you liking Ada's quality hmmm?? :)

Gotta love ADA tanks their build quality is second to none. This is the third one ive owned and ive never been disappaointed only amazed at their quality control. Iven never tried the g3 canister but heard good things about it. Ive always loved eheim canister filters quiet and reliable.

I'm so happy to see you back in the game. This sounds like another winner, for sure :)

This is gonna be good!

Good to see you back at it. Following along :)

Welcome back, "once an addict, always an addict", LOL. Subscribed !

Thanks alot guys i really appreciate it... feels good to be back

Cool, are you planning fish that are usually around bommies or whatever fish is compatible, etc.

Well im mostly interersted with fish that would be ok long term in such a small tank and wont add much to the bioload.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I have this same tank and urs already looks 100x better, u magician.

Thanks man but its nothing in it :lol:

Archived