Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Man, my last one got interrupted due to a marriage and purchasing a house. Now that I am in a home I am in the middle of planning a larger rimless build for my study but will be a little while. After seeing this, I think I will scratch the itch with maybe doing a smaller nano at work for my desk! Still trying to decide between going canister or small sump so I can have a skimmer. What's your vote?

Well congrats on the new wife and home! Its always great to do a small build when your in a transition.In regards to the sump or canister It depends on the size of the tank and what you plan on stocking it with. What did you have in mind?

:o He was out of the game for like a week. He needs to prove himself, his skills, his photography techniques. He's rusty, like a goby. Dang none of those excuses work for this man. :angry:

What did I say about this guy in my TOTM profile?

It's Eugene. this tank is a masterpiece in the making because he is behind it. There are very few with his knowledge and the grace to share that knowledge. That's what makes him somebody I admire. I'm a ReHype cult follower. I need a badge or something.

I still want people to paypal me for joining his fan base. IIX you're in arrears honey.

:blush: Aww thanks kat I really appreciate it. Im just another reefer thats continually learning but thanks so much for the bode of confidence :flower:

Lolol I agree! :)

Thanks bud.

• Like 1
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You better submit that to National Geographic. Just say you took it in the Caribbean :D
lol hype u actually should! U never fail to amaze with your camera skills! Holy crap...how r u so good? I mean u could literally "go pro" haha

Oh and btw we've seen the chalk bass and the jawfish...I think we're still missing a fish ;)

mother of god, what a beautiful shot. you have some skills.

i'm glad one of my biggest motivators is back with an absolute kick-arse tank!

Thanks alot klein i appreciate it

You better submit that to National Geographic. Just say you took it in the Caribbean :D

Ha!Nah its not that good.

lol hype u actually should! U never fail to amaze with your camera skills! Holy crap...how r u so good? I mean u could literally "go pro" haha

Oh and btw we've seen the chalk bass and the jawfish...I think we're still missing a fish ;)

Thanks alot man it takes patience and practice but ive pretty much gotten the hang of it. Nat geo receives thousands of photos and my pics pale in comparison to whats submitted on a daily basis.

I havent been able to get any shots of the rustys.. they hide deep in the macroalgae or under the live rock. They are extremely shy as well.Ill keep at it until I get a shot though.

Hey Hype I know this is kinda an opinion question but I would love to hear yours. For a 30 gallon tank with dims: 24"x24"x12" (so pretty shallow) if I wanted to go th mh route and be capable of keeping SPS anywhere in the tank would u recommend a 150w mh with like some t5 and/or LED supplement or just a 250w? Also, do u think I'd need a chiller if it is in a room that's usually around 73-74 degrees? Thanks Hype!

Fan-freakintastic photo! You sould sell limited prints (small poster size)

Thanks alot man. I doubt anyone would pay for one though..lol

Hey Hype I know this is kinda an opinion question but I would love to hear yours. For a 30 gallon tank with dims: 24"x24"x12" (so pretty shallow) if I wanted to go th mh route and be capable of keeping SPS anywhere in the tank would u recommend a 150w mh with like some t5 and/or LED supplement or just a 250w? Also, do u think I'd need a chiller if it is in a room that's usually around 73-74 degrees? Thanks Hype!

Personally id go with the 150w mh with T5/led supplement. You probably will need a chiller in the summer months. Keep in mind that your fixture will give off quite a bit of heat not to mention the additional heat from equipment(return pump, skimmer pump, reactor pump etc..) HTH

Well congrats on the new wife and home! Its always great to do a small build when your in a transition.In regards to the sump or canister It depends on the size of the tank and what you plan on stocking it with. What did you have in mind?

:blush: Aww thanks kat I really appreciate it. Im just another reefer thats continually learning but thanks so much for the bode of confidence :flower:

Thanks bud.

Thanks E! I am a lucky man. I am thinking 45p with maybe a couple of sps, lps, acans and zoas.

Some how, watching your tanks fill to glorious proportion in the span of a month is...unsettling. Like racing a Fiat at a stop light and losing. Thought you where billy bad ass, and you lost to a Fiat. No one word describes the sensation.

Looks great though, love me some jawfish.

• Like 1

Thanks E! I am a lucky man. I am thinking 45p with maybe a couple of sps, lps, acans and zoas.

Sounds like an awesome plan...really glad ADA brought back the 45p.

Some how, watching your tanks fill to glorious proportion in the span of a month is...unsettling. Like racing a Fiat at a stop light and losing. Thought you where billy bad ass, and you lost to a Fiat. No one word describes the sensation. Looks great though, love me some jawfish.

I can see how it could appear that way...But in actuality the live rock/water were actually cycling separately for about 2 months.And the macroalgae was added to the tank about 3 weeks prior to adding the coral and fish.

• Like 1

Even so, much cooler than my year old system that I can't photograph worth a damn.

Your tank looks great its just those leds make it super hard to photograph the tanks natural beauty.

I appreciate that. To be clear though, I'm not saying my tank absolutely sucks, yours is just that cool. You really do have an eye for scapes and textures I haven't seen another tank compare to, and I've seen really impressive stuff.

That really is a great shot. And based on what I have seen in the past - never really even have to go down the path of too fast for one of your tanks hype. Always awesome and well cared for. Just saying.

One more...manage to get a macro of him.

8436109587_ebe79c226b_c.jpg

Seriously E! Your shots capture the exact nature of why we all love aquaria. Keep em' coming!

I appreciate that. To be clear though, I'm not saying my tank absolutely sucks, yours is just that cool. You really do have an eye for scapes and textures I haven't seen another tank compare to, and I've seen really impressive stuff.

Well thanks alot psy i do appreciate it.

That really is a great shot. And based on what I have seen in the past - never really even have to go down the path of too fast for one of your tanks hype. Always awesome and well cared for. Just saying.

Thanks alot latte.I honestly try my best..

Seriously E! Your shots capture the exact nature of why we all love aquaria. Keep em' coming!

Thanks man and will do!

All you need now is a trumpet fish@!!!

Ha yea right

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

omg welcome bck! This tank is going to be amazing!!! I love that this tank has different vibe than your last one. can't wait to see more :)

+111111

Archived