Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love love love your fish, Macros and tank as a whole. Very nice!

Thanks alot ex! cant wait to see your macro build.

looking great hype, I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier but do you mind the bubbles from the return? I think it would end up driving me crazy.

Thanks jg . Nah the bubbles arent annoying as long as i dont allow the water level to drop too low. I actually like the sound of the water.

I like the bubbles from the outflow lily pipes.

Me too lol

• Like 1

Hey E. Not suprised to see you back so soon!

I really the love new approach to both tanks! I'm planning on something similar with my display fuge.

I love to see the progress on the FW. I'll be interested to see which tank you think requires more attention.

Hey E. Not suprised to see you back so soon!

I really the love new approach to both tanks! I'm planning on something similar with my display fuge.

I love to see the progress on the FW. I'll be interested to see which tank you think requires more attention.

Thanks man alot man. Ill post a pic of the planted this weekend.

I think the reef is going to require more attention in the long run since i have to pay attention to water quality...but we'll see.

• Like 1

This tank is seriously awesome dude. Great job. What's the feeding regiment like and how do you control nutrient export? Sorry if you already answered that, threads are getting long these days. I just look for the pics haha.

yes I wanna see the FW too, maybe a link if you got a thread somewhere else?

I have a thread over on planted tank but i havent updated it. Ill give you a guys a first look since ive planted everything.

Everything is looking great here Hype. Keep it up!

Thanks alot Ark! Will do!

This tank is seriously awesome dude. Great job. What's the feeding regiment like and how do you control nutrient export? Sorry if you already answered that, threads are getting long these days. I just look for the pics haha.

Thanks alot matt really appreciate it. So far ive been feeding two cubes a day. Mostly cyclops, rotifers and occasionally shrimp. Since the tank is full of macroalgae they take care of all the nutrient export. I simply prune them occasionally and remove the trapped organics. I actually tested my water earlier today and my nitrates were still at 0 and my phosphates are at 0.02 ...It helps with so many species of macroalgae competing for available nutrients.

Haha. Chronic.... This should be awesome.

Thanks fin

• Like 1

You need to make yourself into a tree, get some leaves from the house plants or something.

You're ballsy having that fish in an open top tank. No wait, that is just for pictures to make us swoon right? You have a netting or something I am sure.

You need to make yourself into a tree, get some leaves from the house plants or something.

You're ballsy having that fish in an open top tank. No wait, that is just for pictures to make us swoon right? You have a netting or something I am sure.

Cmon on kat you know me better than that :P ..Of course i have a canopy of sorts to keep these guys from carpet surfing.

• Like 1

Cmon on kat you know me better than that :P ..Of course i have a canopy of sorts to keep these guys from carpet surfing.

I know, I forgot I was on your thread. :blush: It's your avatar, it throws me, I'm used to that football kick in the groin animation you used to have.

• Like 1

Lolol new fish? How many fish do you have in total?

Ive had them for a few weeks now(pair of yellow headed jawfish) but just havent been able to take pics of them. I have 7 total right now.

I know, I forgot I was on your thread. :blush: It's your avatar, it throws me, I'm used to that football kick in the groin animation you used to have.

:lol: I miss that avatar.. its too bad i can't put gif's there anymore.

• Like 1

Thanks alot man really appreciate it. Are you planning any new builds?

lol nah nothing to update. Probably next week.

Man, my last one got interrupted due to a marriage and purchasing a house. Now that I am in a home I am in the middle of planning a larger rimless build for my study but will be a little while. After seeing this, I think I will scratch the itch with maybe doing a smaller nano at work for my desk! Still trying to decide between going canister or small sump so I can have a skimmer. What's your vote?

• Like 1

Hmmm I see. :)

Man, I hope you win totm soon!!! :)

:o He was out of the game for like a week. He needs to prove himself, his skills, his photography techniques. He's rusty, like a goby. Dang none of those excuses work for this man. :angry:

What did I say about this guy in my TOTM profile?

It's Eugene. this tank is a masterpiece in the making because he is behind it. There are very few with his knowledge and the grace to share that knowledge. That's what makes him somebody I admire. I'm a ReHype cult follower. I need a badge or something.

I still want people to paypal me for joining his fan base. IIX you're in arrears honey.

• Like 2
Deleted User 4

:o He was out of the game for like a week. He needs to prove himself, his skills, his photography techniques. He's rusty, like a goby. Dang none of those excuses work for this man. :angry:

What did I say about this guy in my TOTM profile?

It's Eugene. this tank is a masterpiece in the making because he is behind it. There are very few with his knowledge and the grace to share that knowledge. That's what makes him somebody I admire. I'm a ReHype cult follower. I need a badge or something.

I still want people to paypal me for joining his fan base. IIX you're in arrears honey.

Lolol I agree! :)

You're awesome too btw :)

Archived