Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Wait, what? Really? LOl it doesn't look anything like it...ahha

I thought it was one of those sea hares at 1st ahahah.

Lolol love this shot alot. Btw, I noticed all your fishes are hiding ahahah. Seriously, all those macro algae makes a perfect hiding/natural scenery/environment for your fishies to play around with :)

lol yea its look weird from that angle

Thanks man thats what im loving about having all the macroalgae. The basslets will literally dash into the gracilaria or codium when startled. I think it helps bring out more of their natural behavior since its a replica of their environment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

lol yea its look weird from that angle

Thanks man thats what im loving about having all the macroalgae. The basslets will literally dash into the gracilaria or codium when startled. I think it helps bring out more of their natural behavior since its a replica of their environment.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Man, now I really want to go macro/photosynthetic gorgs tank because of your tank ....ahhaha. Definitely a great alternative for me to go with my future build.

Btw, reefbuilders just posted an article on some really nice looking photosynthetic gorgs. Thought you might be interested.

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/01/26/photosynthetic-gorgonians-home-aquaria/

Mermaids fan

Shaving brush

Cymopolia barbata

Halimeda opuntia

Codium sp

Gracilaria sp

Gracilaria Hayi

Heterosiphona Gibessii

Sargassum sp

Dictoya Cervicornis

Botryocladia sp

Galaxura sp

Great work on geting all the macros, and the gorgs look great in there with them. Well done indeed.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what you mean. Man, now I really want to go macro/photosynthetic gorgs tank because of your tank ....ahhaha. Definitely a great alternative for me to go with my future build.

Btw, reefbuilders just posted an article on some really nice looking photosynthetic gorgs. Thought you might be interested.

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/01/26/photosynthetic-gorgonians-home-aquaria/

Glad i could give you some ideas :)

Thanks man thats a great article with really good info.

Great work on geting all the macros, and the gorgs look great in there with them. Well done indeed.

Thanks alot sdart

A few different places...reef cleaners,sea life lfs etc. The brown algae is sargassum.

Thanks alot zooman

Cool...but are there 2 types of sargassum in there? The one directly behind the large purple sea blade does not look like any I have seen personally, hence my confusion. I thought the sargassum was in the rear of the tank underneath the lily pipe outflow... :blush:

Either way, this tank is a smaller version of my 29g Caribbean gorgonian tank, although mine has no cool macros...and therefore I am envious... :angry:

;) Now I am considering getting some... :happy:

Cool...but are there 2 types of sargassum in there? The one directly behind the large purple sea blade does not look like any I have seen personally, hence my confusion. I thought the sargassum was in the rear of the tank underneath the lily pipe outflow... :blush:

Either way, this tank is a smaller version of my 29g Caribbean gorgonian tank, although mine has no cool macros...and therefore I am envious... :angry:

;) Now I am considering getting some... :happy:

oh im sorry i thought you mean the sargassum the macro in front of it is Heterosiphona Gibessii

Macros are awesome theyre just so many cool species out there...

jedimasterben

If you want, I can send you some macros I collect from the atlantic so you can get some Caribbean microfauna going in there. :)

If you want, I can send you some macros I collect from the atlantic so you can get some Caribbean microfauna going in there. :)

Great - thanks! :D

Oh wait, you were talking to Hype...... <_<:slap:;)

oh im sorry i thought you mean the sargassum the macro in front of it is Heterosiphona Gibessii

Macros are awesome theyre just so many cool species out there...

Yeah, that's the one...that one has peaked my interest! :wub:

That would be awesome!Just let me know what species you can get and how much you want for them.

Yeah, that's the one...that one has peaked my interest! :wub:

Its a beautiful species...has a nice bushy appearance.

Deleted User 4

That would be awesome!Just let me know what species you can get and how much you want for them.

Its a beautiful species...has a nice bushy appearance.

Bushy doesn't sound right.

ahahaha

That would be awesome jacob!!!Let me know how much.

Well, Its illegal to sell the ones I collect, so just pay shipping. Or maybe trade for macros when you're ready. :happy:

Well, Its illegal to sell the ones I collect, so just pay shipping. Or maybe trade for macros when you're ready. :happy:

Ok just let me know how much for shipping. Ill be sure to send you a bunch of macros when its pruning time :happy:

Ok just let me know how much for shipping. Ill be sure to send you a bunch of macros when its pruning time :happy:

What's your zip so I can calculate it?

Thanks kat im hoping this sargassum starts to grow for me .

I tried sargassum from live plants but it did not survive both times. But the one from reef cleaners did very well. Live plants recommended intense light, while John Maloney suggested medium for his variety. It is one of my favorite macros.

I'm unsure if gracilaria Hayi is violet dreams, I have some of that and rhodopeltis also.

you have some nice taste Hype, one question though will be getting some Stony corals?

Thanks alot bob. Well unfortuantely both indigenous acropora species(A. Palmata and A. Cervoconis) are protected and illegal to collect. I really wanted to add one stony coral so i may substitute with another species that both complements the rest of the tank and pays tribute to the struggling acro species in the caribbean.

I tried sargassum from live plants but it did not survive both times. But the one from reef cleaners did very well. Live plants recommended intense light, while John Maloney suggested medium for his variety. It is one of my favorite macros. I'm unsure if gracilaria Hayi is violet dreams, I have some of that and rhodopeltis also.

Ive tried it a few years ago and lost it as well. I think it prefers medium light as well which is why i moved it down. I wish i could get a small frag of the floating variety. Im also unsure about gracilaria hayi as im only aware of its scientific name.

Great job - as if there was ever any question this would be awesome...

Thanks man

Awesome set up Hype. Love the stocking choices. Can't wait for it to mature.

P.s. I nailed the jawfish and the chalk basses!

Ohhh...a big colony of just blue ricordeas would look perfect in there. Subtle color, nothing flashy. I think so anyways :) It all looks so beautiful!!!!

Seems like i look away for a minute and this tank is already set up and, quoting Billy Christal, it looks 'Simply Marvelous' :)

You've captured the Caribbean look very nicely, IMO.

Archived