Cultivated Reef

Polarcollision's Nuvo 8 & Temperate 6

Polarcollision

Polarcollision

Congrats on the NTOTM win! Nice job with this little nano.

Thanks! But I have to say I'm in awe of your mushroom-topia. They're all so healthy and vibrant.

Congratulations on your TOTM! Well done!The last thing I imaged was a tiny brittlestar. Nothing very new at the moment:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/280413-mr-microscopes-microscopy-of-the-reef-brittle-star-post-177/?p=4268793

I did see those images waaaayyyy baaaaccckkkk when you put them up. Moar please!

Congrats. Very well done!

Thanks Tron! I noticed the AI logo in your sig, but can't find which light you're using. Tell me about it, perty please?

Deborah, congratulations !!!!

Well deserved :bowdown:

He he! Thanks NanoTopia. :-) I'm blushing a little with a big grin at this coming from you.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Woohooo, congrats.

Thanks Markalot! I checked out your tank(s) progress. They're looking really good. It's such a loooooong wait for them to grow in, but you've got a lot going on in there. It's going to be AMAZING as a mature reef.

I'm so happy for you!!!! Congrats again. :)

Thanks Gena! I'm still in love with your green and orange mushies. So much texture and color in your reef!

Congratulations! Very well deserved!

Does that mean I can have your pony tank?????? ;-) Or at the very least the coral with all the little colored christmas trees on it. Sheesh, that's one sweet find!

Congrats! :)

Thanks Claya! As soon as my UPS guy can figure out how to get into the building I need to have some of your agave palys in my life. :-)

Congrats! Lovely colors and sorry about the scape collapsing. I guess it made more room for more frags?

Yeah, that part sucked. But drilling the rock for dowels to stabilize the fragile links should reduce that issue. And yes, I've been eyeing a reef with an SPS bonsai-like shelf and hope to pull off something similar in the upgrade. :-) I guess you could say each reef evolves.

Congratulations to a very wonderful little tank. So much to look at, color, texture, composition, variety. All in a superb little perfectly balanced package. Congratulations Miss Polar!!

Thanks MetroKat! You do know you are an inspiration, right? Thank you for all your help over the last year--truly appreciated! I bookmarked your notes on SPS colors, too!

• Like 2

Does that mean I can have your pony tank?????? ;-) Or at the very least the coral with all the little colored christmas trees on it. Sheesh, that's one sweet find!

:lol: Unfortunately, the ponies are mine! They are way too cute to give away, hehe! I would totally share the Christmas tree worms and their coral if it was something I could frag. You'll have to keep your eye out for one!

• Like 2

so I just read the whole thread, finally. I had questions, but my brain has turned to mush. :/ I know one was about seachem flourish, but I don't know what I was going to ask. :P I will continue following along here and looking for your nuvo 24 thread.

• Like 2
Polarcollision

so I just read the whole thread, finally. I had questions, but my brain has turned to mush. :/ I know one was about seachem flourish, but I don't know what I was going to ask. :P I will continue following along here and looking for your nuvo 24 thread.

It's dense reading, isn't it? At least it's pretty short compared to SOME threads. ;-) Ask away. I'm happy to give my experience on whatever. Oh, and welcome along! Good to see you again.

Yeah when's that going to start have you figured out a light i know you were wondering about the ai light

Going with IM Hydra and called AI for suggestions on mounting them lengthwise. Growth under AI sol was really good. I wanted to try a broader spectrum LED light and jumped on the RAZOR craze. Wish I didn't purchase sight unseen because I despise the violet hue of the two channels mixing. I've seen the Hydra lighting a tank in person and like the visual mix of the channels, so I went with a brand I had good experience with. I'll sit tight for a few years with the Hydras and see how LED lighting progresses. Ideally it looks like the best light is a mix of LED and T5, but I'm not paying for a chiller and the extra electric expense for T5 right now. Sorry coral. :-(

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Cool get pics of the coverage when you can I want to do exactly this

Will do. You have the option of either the 6" or 12" rail to separate the lights. I went with the 12" rail. Then, you make a right angle (for me it will be from the rear of the stand) and tap a bolt hole between the 12" spanner rail and the 12" arm from the stand. The arm will be cut flush perpendicular with the spanner rail. Then, the whole assembly can move up or down to adjust span and lighting intensity. Pretty sweet if you ask me. If you like the hanging kit, that would work similarly, just attached to the spanner rail between the two lights.

Oh, pics in a few weeks, depending on school and study time. Exams soon. Sigh.

It's dense reading, isn't it? At least it's pretty short compared to SOME threads. ;-) Ask away. I'm happy to give my experience on whatever. Oh, and welcome along! Good to see you again.

Dense? :S My thread is twice as long and has much less :P I don't have the money to buy a lot, though. so that's why mine isn't like most other peoples on here. :P Where you guys talking about flourish in regards to a reef tank? I don't remember what the context was or even what page it was on. I was curious what you guys used it for and who suggested it.

• 2 weeks later...
Polarcollision

Any news of a nuvo 24

It is completely cycled! Nitrates were off the charts and came down to 1.25 today with three fish in it.

I finally found 5/16" acrylic dowel to secure the rock scape, but forgot to get putty. Doh. Looks like I'll build the rock scape and move the coral over next week.

The green torch I picked up came with nasty red slime, so I nuked that with a careful dip in peroxide today.

The green clown goby who was pestering the SPS already has a new home AND I found a branching cypheastra! Woot!

4 final exams M-W and then I'll have time to take pics and start the thread!!

• Like 1