20140308_113914_zpseiz1lbyi.jpg

20140308_113726_zpsutumzcsn.jpg

20140308_113459_zpsmjscxhuj.jpg

20140302_143628_zpspuwzkiha.jpg

20140302_080111_zpsjghog7qh.jpg

first one looks like a tequila slammer

second one looks like a blue agave

SquishyFishy

My Whammin Watermelons are growing like crazy, they have already thrown out 3 new heads in 1 month, but their little tentacle skirts are never fully extended and the color is not very bright. They are in the lower 1/3 of my Nuvo 16. I am using stock lighting so it's not too bright, but plan on upgrading to get some good blues and brighter whites soon. I feed phyto, snow and cyclopeez with Mysis for the tank.

How do you get these beauties to really open up and color up?

Here's a pic not the best, but I blew off the rock today:

20140321_173500-XL.jpg

Nanofreak79

Zoas get there color from zoanthelae. They get that from lighting. Different lights are what make them grow and change color, either morphing or getting better pronounced color.

Polyp Addict

Hey where do you get your zoas?

Offline?

I LOVE THEM

I get them both offline like from local hobbyist and online for the harder stuff I cant find. Thanks for the compliment.

Still having a hard time with the skyrocketing prices of Zoas and Palys (Canada was always behind US as far as per polyp pricing). I remember when I used to sell Rasta frags for $15 for 3-5 polyps and felt like I was overcharging. Unfortunately the colony is long gone which maybe I paid $75 for...

I did pick up some nice colonies this past weekend. First time in a long time lining up for new shipment. When I saw this partially open I rolled up my sleeve and grabbed it :) While they may not be quite as nice as some of the name brand ones the colonies cost less then 1 polyp of named ones which makes it an easy choice when you have lots of room.

IMG_6383-XL.jpg

IMG_6366-XL.jpg

These ones aren't quite as nice as the ones above but look a lot better then this photo illustrates

IMG_6408-XL.jpg

Micro zoanthids

IMG_6410-XL.jpg

Also my Grandis which I've had probably 7 or 8 years

IMG_6405-XL.jpg

• Like 1