Cultivated Reef

Heifinator's 60g Shallow - PICS (NEW PHOTOS NOV 6th 2013)

heifinator

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update.

Last night I did a water change, after everyone / everything looked great. About an hour after the water change I fed the fish and everyone was happy and eating.

This afternoon I came home from work to find my wonderful male lyretail anthias dead and half eaten by snails... No visible parasites, no sign of stress yesterday, no idea what killed him...

RIP little fish.

Thelizardkin

I'm sorry man sometimes fish just die as long as everything else is healthy there's probably nothing you can do about it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As some of you already know, I recently moved across town and while waiting for the move I didn't do much with the tank.

Yesterday the tank was moved... :blink: and dropped. :(

I will be tearing down and leaving the hobby now.

sad.jpg

Jk. Tank is fine. Moved it yesterday, was a total nightmare! Started at 4pm, finished at 4:30am. I will take pics today, all inhabitants made the move, lost a lot of encrusted bases, some zoas, and a few mushrooms but nothing major!

Thanks all, I hope to be updating more again now.

• 2 weeks later...
manishkasera

Wow, what a journey with all the up and down. Just finished reading this whole thread. I've to say It's hard to see such a simplistic beautiful tank with very nice minimalistic rock work look. I was away from this hobby for sometime and now planning to get back in this hobby again and talking with Miracle to build a nice tank. Though planning to stick with Cube, as I like the depth look.

Looking at your tank is such an inspiration. Wish you good luck.

I'll be subscribing to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick text update. Photo update coming soon.

Tank is settling in as am I.

Still manually topping the tank off daily because my ATO broke! I had probably 50% of my SPS lose all of its color after the move, probably from being in a different location in the tank. Most of them are (I think) coloring back up.

Will post pictures fairly soon!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its time!!!!!

All moved in, all my sps looked bad for the last few weeks but are now coming back. Got a big coral order in (~20 frags). Pics and new FTS below.

VTSlbAbh.jpg

FLVDauZh.jpg

SiPHMQPh.jpg

MZkTrOsh.jpg

2neIBpvh.jpg

LVySbl5h.jpg

rbCcPbbh.jpg

QRHz23Ph.jpg

vDYebJKh.jpg

H3IJ0L0h.jpg

BV5h8Gth.jpg

k9Cg2JFh.jpg

8QzXRbkh.jpg

SO9HYTUh.jpg

rw7E9Tch.jpg

Ymqko8Oh.jpg

qBpbvmah.jpg

So I finally bought an MP10wes. Then after having it about 45 minutes, I bought another one...

They really are worth the money... I already knew that but, wow. Within 30 minutes of having it in the tank all my Polyp extension doubled and so much debris was lifted out, I had two tunze pumps (1000gph each) that the 1 mp10 demolished, even though the mp10 is "less flow".

Posting another picture update this week, all the new SPS is on a frag rack being light acclimated, starting to color up. After my issues the tank is finally coming back to its former pre-move glory!

• 1 month later...

Tank is doing awesome, worked out my SPS issues and everything is growing like mad. Gaining like 1/16th of an inch on my Oregon tort weekly.

Have a nuvo 38 + a bunch of fancy goodies coming to my office for a 2nd tank. I will now have 2 to maintain and play with! The Nuvo is going to be ultra clean, low rock, lots of SPS only a few fish =) It will have its own thread but not until I give this tank some TLC and a photoshoot.

Got most of the stuff for the nuvo build except the nuvo...

BRS neglected to tell me it was on backorder, shipped everything else without notice. Took a call to them to tell me.

Marinedepot shipped me one and price matched BRS on shipping, they were in stock so its on its way! Will post pics when I start up its tank thread =)

The 60 is doing good, still having to do excessive water changes to keep po4 / nitrates down but haven't figured out why.. Needing 15 gallons a week!

After months of battling color loss, RTN, and algae outbreaks I think my tank has finally stabilized again. After the move it looked like crap for a few months and it still isn't back to 100% but its good enough to show!

ZIgTO3n.jpg

YMb1tZt.jpg

7xXYpLB.jpg

iqW7Upw.jpg

ET2hX1m.jpg

NlI8KBG.jpg

k4J3BaH.jpg

26ANoQf.jpg

Rw3Sn8o.jpg

tROKcNU.jpg

YUttAEp.jpg

Qy1lFF6.jpg

P6LxxBH.jpg

ID0y91e.jpg

NgtHiWP.jpg

zDutHZ8.jpg

NGCqYgU.jpg

pxqppH4.jpg

tqENTpH.jpg

oW32EHq.jpg

Thank you! I just ordered a reef keeper & dosing pumps. Having a hard time keeping up with CA demands.

Dropped from 440ca / 12.2dkh to 370ca / 10.2dkh in 4 days.

Need to upgrade my drivers from inventronics to the makers drivers so that I can do full sunset dimming to 0% (Can only go down to like 10% with what I have now).

Archived