Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Heifinator's 60g Shallow - PICS (NEW PHOTOS NOV 6th 2013)

heifinator

SeahawkReefer

Aw man... sorry to hear about your sick fish... did you end up destroying your scape to get them out? But on a positive note your tank and stand and scape and light are all awesome!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw man... sorry to hear about your sick fish... did you end up destroying your scape to get them out? But on a positive note your tank and stand and scape and light are all awesome!

Thanks...

Not yet. The fish are still in the tank, except for the clowns. They are in a bucket with a HOB filter. They were in the worst shape and are now being copper treated.

I may get ahold of you via PM tonight or tomorrow. I may take you up on your offer bocomo! thanks.

The next morning all the ich had fallen off / became invisible to my eye. I am very aware of how ich and other parasites work after my constant battle with them so I know it is almost certainly still present.

However I do not plan on taking healthy fish with good immune systems and stress them out for no reason. If I see signs of distress or anything the hospital is ready. I am just going to take a wait and see approach on this. I think I will do more harm than good at this point.

How goes the battle with ich? Last time I had an outbreak I was able to fight it off by keeping everyone fat and happy, seems like it took awhile though.

Coral beauty has some reoccuring cysts but is fat, colorful, eating, and breathing nice a slow. Just gonna keep em happy for now and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

All the corals are looking good, SPS is encrusting nicely and starting to branch out.

The cyano is almost 100% gone after 6hrs of light daily and weekly 8g water changes. Also been changing out GFO weekly.

Stupid anthias wont eat anything but brine and mysis so I still feed 1/2 cube of mysis twice daily. They are all fat so I guess that is something.

Coral beauty & midas blenny both still have a little ich here and there. Coral beauty has quite a bit but his breathing, color, and appetite don't seem effected after over 2 weeks.

It hasn't changed much but if anything the situation is improving. Still waiting to see if the situation resolves itself, if not I will move everything to a QT.

Dude you have a stacker at your house LOL I fix that stuff

I wish lol. That is at my work. I had the tank delivered there because we have the lift and a dock. Saves $$$ on freight =)

Just a quick update.

All the corals are looking good, SPS is encrusting nicely and starting to branch out.

The cyano is almost 100% gone after 6hrs of light daily and weekly 8g water changes. Also been changing out GFO weekly.

Stupid anthias wont eat anything but brine and mysis so I still feed 1/2 cube of mysis twice daily. They are all fat so I guess that is something.

Coral beauty & midas blenny both still have a little ich here and there. Coral beauty has quite a bit but his breathing, color, and appetite don't seem effected after over 2 weeks.

It hasn't changed much but if anything the situation is improving. Still waiting to see if the situation resolves itself, if not I will move everything to a QT.

Have you tried soaking some food in garlic ?

Soaking some food with garlic may help with the ich problem........its a subject with some debate right now, but its worth a try. As a side benefit, the anthias may start eating it too. If you have any flake food, just soak it in some garlic.

Worth a shot, unless you have tried it already.

Herbie

• 1 month later...

Time for a photo update!

I have been getting some PM's asking for them. I sort of neglected the tank for the last month or two because of the ich thing.

Basically I fed the fish, did water changes, and that was it. Tried to not change anything to prevent any stress. I can say that its been over 3 weeks since I have seen a single parasite.

Recently I picked up the last lyretail female I needed. I hopefully will have some new corals coming soon! All my sps has started to take off I can see growth weekly now! Coloration is pretty good but the frags are still pretty small so I am hoping for more color soon!

Photo Update March 23rd

AacvVWW.jpg

v1NIbXD.jpg?1

GrY66X3.jpg

nAWcXFS.jpg

VieosXS.jpg

MPg34v4.jpg?1

OPoqylK.jpg?1

Vzk42Qeh.jpg

aVK1ZbHh.jpg

EWa8rv8h.jpg

KTFC0Fzh.jpg

Bve2a5C.jpg

oLd8gM6.jpg

54PSNcb.jpg

j8m94gK.jpg

8l43I9Y.jpg

EYnaDUt.jpg

AKIIrDO.jpg

sUO6pTK.jpg

dg4xGRP.jpg

IrRfYlu.jpg

Rvp9beq.jpg

SeahawkReefer

Looking great! I still really really like your scape... can't wait to see it grown up... so u have to keep this tank going for at least a year... ok? :lol: Thanks!

It will be up until august. I move in august, I am planning on moving the tank with the rockwork in the tank (support the tank by running boards under it when moving)

Obviously corals will have to be remounted but hopefully the tank will survive the move! The move is local!

Archived