Pod Your Reef

Heifinator's 60g Shallow - PICS (NEW PHOTOS NOV 6th 2013)

heifinator

December 20th Photo Update

This is probably worthless because the world is ending in the next few hours, but oh well... :P

I apparently have the worst luck with fish. The male lyretail killed both his females in the span of 12 hours. Now it appears my coral beauty has fin rot, at first I thought the anthias may have attacked the CB but I haven't seen the anthias show any aggression and the coral beauty's fins are ripped really bad with white blotches. He is still eating and swimming a lot so I will treat tomorrow hopefully!

Beyond that all is well, the SPS is coloring up and starting to encrust, I finally mounted everything and took another set of pictures.

LKrU3.jpg

lNfrQ.jpg

IIwII.jpg

NJjMK.jpg

l9mjs.jpg

PpEnt.jpg

NwHtE.jpg

XWfeA.jpg

2NJnl.jpg

kUmNn.jpg

hE3rh.jpg

6bF9O.jpg

XxBaV.jpg

liUGf.jpg

zYSDp.jpg

Wjo6P.jpg

FTS December 20th 2012

PaTna.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking good, cant wait till everything grows bigger.

but the picture seems kinda dark, or my work monitor sucks....

The pictures are dark. Its not you, I had the settings on my camera wrong and was to lazy to take everything again.

Adding an update to my clean up crew next week. Then I will be getting quite a few new fish. Decided to build a top to put on the tank, will be completing that project next week. After which I will be considering my jawfish.

Still having a weird infection on my coral beauty, looked like fin rot but has now gotten better, has a swollen eye as well. Still eating and swimming a week later.

I have the worst luck with fish =)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 40lbs, I will say from experience though, in my size tank, get 50. I felt slightly short.

Also I keep 25lbs of rock in my sump also so consider that as well.

Had a big fight with cyano over the last couple weeks. New tank troubles =) After twice weekly water changes and reduced feeding seems to be almost completely gone. Will work on a pic update this weekend!

Fish are almost fully stocked at this point

- SA Occ. Clown Pair

- Lyretail Anthias Trio

- Coral Beauty Angel

- Tailspot Blenny

- Midas Blenny

- Mandarin Dragonet (Just turned a year old!)

- Rainford Goby

- Tiger Watchman Goby Pair

Still planning on adding a couple little guys at some point. Maybe a royal gramma and possibly some chromis. Will be waiting a good while on that.

All my SPS is coloring back up after its light shock. Hoping to see some good growth soon.

Your tank really has come along nicely! I'm really looking forward to watching this grow in.

BTW, where did you find the small filter socks for a 20L sump?

January 19th Photo Update

Here is your photo update as requested! I have recently added 2 lyretail females but they are still hiding so please pardon their absence.

8G9cYPl.jpg

fy88ZNY.jpg

ytTyVBU.jpg

obM0dcV.jpg

nPHJQ2K.jpg

NH1R1V6.jpg

ADEkDOY.jpg

jYIEEAc.jpg

hVQGWfP.jpg

BoiZ2D7.jpg

dx7Ieu6.jpg

nhBQ3ND.jpg

RULqpQf.jpg

nCLlVfH.jpg

Mwc2Len.jpg

m4JoVLC.jpg

kIUana8.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good dude!

Thanks! I can't wait to watch it all grow out. Just going to add some chromis in a couple weeks and then I am done with fish, just get to watch then =)

Well my luck is at it again...

In the span of 2 years and 3 tanks I have now had 4 parasite outbreaks..

First velvet that killed everything.

Then brooklynella that killed a bunch of things, I saved some...

Then flukes which are just annoying.

Now a true case of ich. Wonderful.

Yesterday I was commenting to someone how good all my fish were looking and I finally got a fully stocked tank without a parasite.

Well looks like i jinxed it cause not 24hrs later I see my coral beauty and one of my clowns have about 20-40 ich spots.

So I am setting up my old 40 as a hospital for copper treatment.

I will most likely have to completely destroy my wonderful rock work to get the 3 gobies and 2 blennies out of the tank...

Not to mention all the other fish.

What a bummer.... :unsure:

Looks like no photo updates for at least 6 weeks.

Fish store QT's all my fish in their hospital (copper) system for 4-6 weeks before I pick them up. Looks like that worked out well... Patience doesn't always pay apparently lol.

Sorry to hear it! :(

Big bummer. I have the worst luck with fish I swear.

Honestly I don't mind treating the fish and dealing with the fallow period. The worst part is destroying the rock I spent well over 6 hours aquascaping.

I would bottle trap but there is no way my tiger gobys will go for that. They are SO shy.

I have an ugly 20L and a 6g cube available if you need holding tanks

Appreciate the though. I have a 40b that I am going to use. Going to go by LFS and see if they have a cheap sponge canister filter I can use and a couple airstone pumps.

• Like 1

Archived