Coral Vue Hydros

Podpimp's 60 + 30 Gallon CUBE UPGRADE TO LARGE CUBE!

PODPIMP

following! how do you like the tank? i just picked one up to replace my solana. i have a very similar equipment list too except that i am running a radion. (your right sps colors are not that great) your last solana sps had such nice coloration!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
following! how do you like the tank? i just picked one up to replace my solana. i have a very similar equipment list too except that i am running a radion. (your right sps colors are not that great) your last solana sps had such nice coloration!

Thanks! I don't think there is anything special about the deep blue sea tank. There are air bubbles in the seams, there was some additional silicon that I cut off, and those overflow adjustment screws make the water splash in the overflow. I had to cover the plastic adjustment screws with a sponge to quiet the splashing.

My LED DJ strip finally came. I did my best to organize the wires. I have been adding some SPS to the tank and they are doing fine. I will post some pics of corals next week sometime.

DSC_0003-4.jpg

WoW long time no see. Good to have you back around.

Thanks good to be back :)

I have been stocking the tank. I know it's early but this is how I did my last 3 tanks with no problems. IME if you used established live rock and seed your sandbed, there is plenty of nitrifying bacteria to keep water parameters where they need to be. Think of it as more of a livestock transfer rather than a new tank setup :)

The tank still looks like ASS as I would expect it to at this stage :D I may end up moving aquascape around as I add coral, or not.... I'm not really sure yet. Water quality is spot on and I am actually seeing a little growth on the corals that have been in for a few days.

Some of the pics maybe overly blue and some corals are not colored up yet. I didn't have all bulbs on in some of the photos.

post-33893-1349758938_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759145_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759171_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759184_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759194_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759407_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349759413_thumb.jpg

Damn this is awesome. I'm totally with you on the stocking. I hate dry rock. It should be banished! Live rock is the only way to start a reef tank. Where did you buy that biga$$ red monti?

Edit: just saw its not a monti! Lol anyways, where did you buy that red coral!

Damn this is awesome. I'm totally with you on the stocking. I hate dry rock. It should be banished! Live rock is the only way to start a reef tank. Where did you buy that biga$$ red monti?

Edit: just saw its not a monti! Lol anyways, where did you buy that red coral!

Thanks. That red looking monti is actually a 3" orange montipora setosa. It looks red under actinics. $20 from a local reefer....SCORE! :lol:

Nice adds Pod. Those frags are really big. It's going to look nice in your tank once they all get settled and start growing.

Great tank man, can't wait to see the growth!

Thanks. I can't wait either :) Something is growing because the tank is already taking 25ml of each 2 part. I ordered a Bubble Magnus dosing pump and containers to automate dosing. I also ordered a battery backup for the vortech. -_- This hobby is freakin expensive

I added a new coral last night as well. It was a birthday present :)

This was on sale at my LFS. I believe it is an Acropora Hoeksemi ?

It was hard to get an accurate pic. The coral is directly under 2 blue+ so the pic came out overly blue.

And.....I mounted most of the frags. It's starting to look like a reef tank. :)

post-33893-1349899187_thumb.jpg

post-33893-1349899195_thumb.jpg

Something is growing because the tank is already taking 25ml of each 2 part. I ordered a Bubble Magnus dosing pump and containers to automate dosing.

When you say "taking 25mL", I assume you are testing the two part for consumption? Or does the BM dosing pump 'detect' what levels are necessary? I've never used a dosing pump, so forgive my n00bness.

Very nice. The only problem I see is what in the world you'll do with yourself while you wait on the SPS to grow out :P

There's always something to do ;)

When you say "taking 25mL", I assume you are testing the two part for consumption? Or does the BM dosing pump 'detect' what levels are necessary? I've never used a dosing pump, so forgive my n00bness.

I am testing. I like to keep my Alk around 10dhk and calcium at 450. At the moment 25ml each day keeps those levels. IME in a new tank this changes quickly. The dosing pump will just automatically add the amount daily that I set.

Is that a huge monti on the bottom right? I can't be sure on its id other than being a monti.

Yea that's a big browned out sunset monti that I picked up from a local reefer. Also a good portion of porkerstar monti on there as well. It's coloring up more daily. Hopefully in a few weeks it fully colors. it's kind of an eye sore right now.

Looking good there bro! Awesome deal on those SPS too! I need to get me a red planet too!

Thanks. I have to get a red planet too :) I don't have one in there yet

Archived