Innovative Marine Aquariums

VeganBrians Mission To Perfection..

VeganBrian

Oh man, this tank is beautiful! Nice job!

Thank you! I added some plants to the DT today. I also have 3 new macros on their way. :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally ordered my RO/DI unit before the snow starts falling. It will make my life sooo much easier not having to do the 40 minute haul to the LFS! I also got the JBJ ATO.

Awesome tank Brian!

I noticed you bailed on the ai nano, and it was in th FS section. Did you ever get rid of it?

I also saw on reef central that your from Buffalo. Me too! I live in Amherst and visit Saltwaterparadise in Tonawanda quite a bit. Where do you get your stuff locally? Sorry I don't mean to sound like a stalker haha, I've been searching AI Nano threads a lot recently and your name came up on both sites. Just coincidence I guess.

Anyways, keep up what your doing. Looks awesome!

hey,

Thats cool, is your name the same on RC? I get most stuff from ARC, the brain i got at SWP and local people. Macro algaes are from the internet.

I do still have the AI nano and i decided to keep it for my next tank which will be a macro algae specific tank once all these over grow. :)

hey,

Thats cool, is your name the same on RC? I get most stuff from ARC, the brain i got at SWP and local people. Macro algaes are from the internet.

I do still have the AI nano and i decided to keep it for my next tank which will be a macro algae specific tank once all these over grow. :)

My name is chubbyone on rc, I'm not active however, just signed up for pics. (Chubbyone is a fatbike reference :) and fitting otherwise haha)

I have been to ARC only once, they have beautiful stuff but its a bit of a drive for me. I can't believe you've been driving 80 minutes for water! Actually I can believe it, cause I would too, but I feel bad!

I just purchased an AI nano on Monday, I'm pumped to get it. But the controller is backordered on brs where I have my reward points :/ I have been slowly piecing together a nano build and should be wet by New Years.

Nice to see a fellow local reefer. I like your setup a lot!

Thanks. Sounds awesome. If you have a build thread PM me the link to it please. Id love to follow it along.

The drive was a PITA but im glad thats done and over with. Now i need to get some money together for a big salt order for winter so i dont have to worry about anything. lol.

I really like that red palm - where did you get it?

Thanks, I got it from LA reefs. I will be able to sell/trade it after winter if you're still interested. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This build is looking great. Did your eucheuma turn red?

Thank you, Yes it is red now :) I dont really know what spectrum i have to hit for it to be more yellow.

Thank you, Yes it is red now :) I dont really know what spectrum i have to hit for it to be more yellow.

Meh. It turns red for everybody I know. Even yellow gracilaria turns red. Perhaps a red spectrum bulb might work.

Hey can you post an fts of both tanks and the stand all in one?

Yes, this! That would be cool!!!

Yea, i will in a few days for you guys. I just made the main tank a bare bottom so it will take a couple days to clear all that up.

Meh. It turns red for everybody I know. Even yellow gracilaria turns red. Perhaps a red spectrum bulb might work.

Yea, thats what i was thinking and i put a aquasun bulb in because of the strong reds but its still red :/

I got a purple sea fan today also. I believe its a Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata. Hopefully it does ok. I also re arranged my macro display and clipped a bunch of things as it was getting crazy in there. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived