inTank Media Baskets

VeganBrians Mission To Perfection..

VeganBrian

So i woke up this morning to a little cyano and a bunch of hair algae and diatoms overnight. That was random. Anyways bought a CUC for my display tank and a few more hermits for the fuge. did a 5 gallon water change. I also got this cool macro algae that i cannot find anywhere online. They said it was rare at the LFS and called it rainbow macro cause its reb,blue,purple, little yellow. Ill post pics soon of it cause i need to find out the name for it.

o and the algae is already gone lol. just some diatoms left.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's this coral? Also what camera/lens are you shooting with?

I think that's a Darth Maul Paly, might be wrong it looks eerily similar.

I think that's a Darth Maul Paly, might be wrong it looks eerily similar.

I dont think it is because mauls are usually speckled orange/red and black1

Nice pics, that first paly is a magician i believe. Not sure about the last one.

First one is a magician yes. I just dont know the last one. :/

Last one looks like a Red People Eater to me. Possibly Orange People Eater. Great pics man! You're moving right along with this build.

Update!

I purchased a 30" 4x24 watt T5 fixture. My current bulb configuration is not what im keeping but it will work for now. I am thinking 2 blue+, aquablue, and fiji purple.

I also went to the LFS and purchased an awesome brain coral for only 50$! I thought that was a steal. Its not fully inflated in the pictures and i just moved everything around so everything not happy. But heres some Pix anyways!

_MG_5497_zpsa0b0908c.jpg

_MG_5488_zpsfe7f51be.jpg

As you can see the Right is going to be my zoa/paly garden i decided, Left is LPS sps (will be buying some nice acros and millis for up there) middle will be rics and yumas. :)

Also i think those Orange palys are Lunar eclipses

Good call. Only reason I said LE was because I saw some today at my LFS and called them those. I told him how LE had purpleish centers and he still said LE. But I think you're right about them being OPE. I'm going to post some better pix also in the zoa forum and see what people come up with.

Thanks zooman!! :P

Update!

I purchased a 30" 4x24 watt T5 fixture. My current bulb configuration is not what im keeping but it will work for now. I am thinking 2 blue+, aquablue, and fiji purple.

I also went to the LFS and purchased an awesome brain coral for only 50$! I thought that was a steal. Its not fully inflated in the pictures and i just moved everything around so everything not happy. But heres some Pix anyways!

_MG_5497_zpsa0b0908c.jpg

_MG_5488_zpsfe7f51be.jpg

As you can see the Right is going to be my zoa/paly garden i decided, Left is LPS sps (will be buying some nice acros and millis for up there) middle will be rics and yumas. :)

You're right, that was a good price for that Brain. Nice.

Good call on the light, also. 2 Blue+, 1 Aquablue & 1 Fiji Purple is a great bulb combo that is also liked by most ppl who try it.

The brain is super happy as is the rest of my corals. I honestly notice a huge difference in one day of T5. Im going to do more research on bulbs before i make the jump. I definitely like the bulb configuration thats in it now. 2 blue 1 actinic and aquasun. You can see in the picture it's not to overwhelmed with blue. The aquasun really evens out the spectrum nicely.

_MG_5523_zpsff0162bc.jpg

Man this thread is really an inspiration! I love the 'display' sump tank look to the whole set up. I am definitely going to tag along and see how your system progresses. You should include a link of this thread in your sig.

So i just put in a order for a bunch or macroalgae, Especially winters coming around the corner and i dont want to receive frozen plants :P

1 ea. Red Grape Macro Algae Frag 3 Inch Frag $5.99

1 ea. Halimeda $5.00

1 ea. Mermaid's Fan 3 Inch $4.50

1 ea. Pencil Cap Macroalgae 3" $4.50

1 ea. Red Palm Macroalgae 1" $4.99

1 ea. Violet Flames Macroalgae 2" $5.99

1 ea. Rose Petal Macroalgae 1" $15.00

1 ea. Red Dragons Macroalgae 2" $5.00

1 ea. Flamed Tip Dragons Breath Macroalgae 1" $9.99

$60.96Sub-Total:

A few pretty rare ones, so i had to get them while they had them up.

I also got these recently

red gracilaria

Hypnea pannosa

I know its alot of red, but i have trouble with finding green macro that isnt a caulerpa species.

awesome stuff.

Thanks, I already cannot wait for it to grow out. Some, like the red rose and dragons breath, are so small you can hardly notice them. Those are the ones i cant wait to see all grown out.

I received my plants today:

Updated FRS (Full Refugium Shot :P)

_MG_5550.jpg

The hypnea pannosa is my favorite.

FRS, lol!! Looks great!!!!!

Update!

_MG_5497_zpsa0b0908c.jpg

_MG_5488_zpsfe7f51be.jpg

Not lunar eclipse. RPE or OPE.

I have the bulb configuration you are contemplating. Very happy with it.

Nice start.

Archived