SaltCritters.com

mike c's Forty-B

mike c

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL whenever I drop a new frag in the crabs have to perform an inspection also. :)

Lol, I know mine too, every time.

That blastos pretty neat.I bought a single head and now there's a BUNCH growing around the sides of it.

I can't wait till these grow out!

Picked up a Six Line, and McCoskers wrasse! Hard to get some good pics, but everyone is getting along. Also ordered some ATI bulbs from BRS. (2) Blue+, and (1) Coral+

ATI bulbs are in. Looks a lot better, too bad I don't have a nice camera that captures its true color. Need to order a couple more Blue+, to complete the bulb pattern I want.

Blue+

Blue+

Coral+

Super Actinic

Blue+

Blue+

2013-01-07_17-43-40_671.jpg

2013-01-07_17-43-11_781.jpg

2013-01-07_17-42-49_367.jpg

2013-01-07_17-43-56_735.jpg

I like the coral plus, though I'm constantly swapping out between coral+ and aqua blue special. I really like the new purple plus, if you can get a hold of one give it a try. Blue and Purple plus a few smaller peaks in orange and red.

I like the coral plus, though I'm constantly swapping out between coral+ and aqua blue special. I really like the new purple plus, if you can get a hold of one give it a try. Blue and Purple plus a few smaller peaks in orange and red.

Cool I'll look into it. Isnt the Coral+ kind of an upgraded Aqua Bluespecial? I was thinking of ordering another Blue+ and another Coral+, to run...

Blue+

Coral+

Super Actinic

Blue+

Coral+

Blue+

Cool I'll look into it. Isnt the Coral+ kind of an upgraded Aqua Bluespecial? I was thinking of ordering another Blue+ and another Coral+, to run...

Yes and no. The peaks are a little different. I recently purchased a nice orange/red acan lord frag and the red was oddly too dark running coral plus but looks better under aqua blue special. At the same time I know this frag fluoresces bright orange so it could very well be I'm missing some deep blue as well. I'm running (front to back)

Blue+

Purple+

Blue low power LED strip (Aquatic Life)

White/Blue Reefbright LED strip (1 watt LEDs)

Aquablue Special

Blue+

Here's their page with charts.

http://www.atinorthamerica.com/bulbs.php

Yes and no. The peaks are a little different. I recently purchased a nice orange/red acan lord frag and the red was oddly too dark running coral plus but looks better under aqua blue special. At the same time I know this frag fluoresces bright orange so it could very well be I'm missing some deep blue as well. I'm running (front to back)

Blue+

Purple+

Blue low power LED strip (Aquatic Life)

White/Blue Reefbright LED strip (1 watt LEDs)

Aquablue Special

Blue+

Here's their page with charts.

http://www.atinorthamerica.com/bulbs.php'>http://www.atinorthamerica.com/bulbs.php

How's the Purple+ look? I pulled the stock purple bulb from my fixture because it looked a little too pink. I prefer a bluer crisp look.

How's the Purple+ look? I pulled the stock purple bulb from my fixture because it looked a little too pink. I prefer a bluer crisp look.

IIt looks mostly blue to me, perhaps a little more purple. Basically it brings out a lot of colors without turning the front sandbed blue. To my eyes the tank looks crisp blue/white.

IIt looks mostly blue to me, perhaps a little more purple. Basically it brings out a lot of colors without turning the front sandbed blue. To my eyes the tank looks crisp blue/white.

Your tank looks great! I checked out your sig, and I like the color you have on your tank. Maybe when I some extra cash I'll pick up a Purple+ to play around with.

Installed two more ATI bulbs. Another Blue+ and another Coral+. My current bulb set up is...

Front:

UV Super actinic

Blue+ (dawn/dusk)

Coral+

Blue+ (dawn/dusk)

Coral+

Blue+

According to ATI's website, I'm running a 12k-16k combo (with the super actinic in place of a Purple+). Eventually I'll swap out the UV actinic for an ATI actinic, just to try 100% ATI bulbs. The pics are a little bluer than what the tank actually looks like. Its a nice crisp ice blue. The 2 Coral+ give it, imo, the right amount of white, while the 3 Blue+ and actinic bulbs add the blue to counter them.

All bulbs...

2013-01-15_18-31-05_595.jpg

2013-01-15_20-42-27_104.jpg

2 Blue+ (dawn/dusk)...

2013-01-15_20-42-43_631.jpg

2013-01-15_20-42-58_218.jpg

Looks great Mike! You need some more coral now :)

I know, all my extra money is currently going into my AR build. Trying to build another one back up, before they ban them again. Almost done though. Then I'll start buying up some nice coral.

Are the corals adjusting well to the lights?

They're doing great! Since I upgraded to ATI bulbs, the Sunset monti has an 1/8" of new growth, everything else is colored up nice too.

Nice Mike! I love the scape and the bulb combo with the Coral+ they have a bit of a purple in there.

I love the color this combo gives off, not to mention to color and growth from my corals since switching. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a t5 combo.

I love the color this combo gives off, not to mention to color and growth from my corals since switching. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a t5 combo.

I have a 4 bulb fixture and I need to order new bulbs, right now I have 2 blue+ and 2 aqua blue specials, but I was thinking 2 coral+ and 2 blue+, what do you think?

I have a 4 bulb fixture and I need to order new bulbs, right now I have 2 blue+ and 2 aqua blue specials, but I was thinking 2 coral+ and 2 blue+, what do you think?

Personally I think that's a good combo (12k-16k range, per ATI website). The Coral+ is basically an AquaSpecial, with a little more blue, and a little less red. If you like your current looking combo, I think you'll be very happy with (2) Blue+ and (2) Coral+.

Now running GFO!!

Picked up a Phosban 150 off a local reefer yesterday. Cleaned it up, changed up the fittings, and got it running!

2013-01-25_17-12-41_351.jpg

2013-01-25_20-18-11_210.jpg

2013-01-25_20-18-32_667.jpg

2013-01-25_20-18-54_16.jpg

That's a lot of GFO to add at once Mike. How does everything look in the tank? Too much too fast might make your corals unhappy. Glad you got some phosphate remover going in there though. Very much needed in an SPS tank.

Archived