ReefCleaners.org

mike c's Forty-B

mike c

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered the hanging kit, should be here in couple days. Meanwhile, made a screen top out of clear plastic screen, from BRS, and a $10 screen kit from Home Depot. Thanks to Arkayology for the great idea. Also bought a Solon Fairy wrasse..again, thanks Matt! Lol

2012-12-02_22-07-41_764.jpg

2012-12-02_16-47-28_984.jpg

2012-12-02_16-47-51_824.jpg

We need some coralzzz in here Mike.

I know I know. I have 3 frags in there, just can't get any decent pics! Sunset monti, Armor of Gods, and I think a Green Slimmer. I'm working on it tho!

I've been hooking Mike up with some good SPS. All fast growers. BTW, Mike's tank is super legit. A very well put together reef. Makes me jelly that I don't have a 40b sitting next to my 40g cube lol

I've been hooking Mike up with some good SPS. All fast growers. BTW, Mike's tank is super legit. A very well put together reef. Makes me jelly that I don't have a 40b sitting next to my 40g cube lol

Hell yeah thanks Matt, you've hooked up a lot. Thanks brotha.

I picked up a Christmas wrasse today. LOVE the way these guys look (although it's a female). So far it gets along just fine with the Salon wrasse. Cruising around and eating well. I noticed its taken an interest in my smaller nassarius snails. It'll flip em over and inspect them, looking for a weak spot. I know they forage and eat pests, but nassarius snails? Anybody seen this before?

2012-12-03_16-42-09_132.jpg

2012-12-03_16-42-02_576.jpg

2012-12-03_16-42-11_97.jpg

And....just for Kat....a new coral!! It's an ORA, either Bellina or Purple Plasma. (Cell phone, very blue)

2012-12-03_16-33-16_534.jpg

Nice pics Mike. Ya, you will find that Xmas wrasse will like to eat your snails if it gets the chance. Smaller cleaner shrimp may also be a snack.

same here. did you hang that t5's yet?

Not yet. Hanging kit should be here Wednesday though. I'll probably hang it the SECOND I get home! Lol

Hanging kit is delivered, and waiting at home. Probably work on that tonight. Also, found that I have a Red-Lined Wrasse, and not a genuine Christmas Wrasse. Pretty similar fish, and I'm happy with the Red-Lined, but still...payed more money for a wrasse that was labled as a Christmas wrasse. Eh..

Hanging kit is delivered, and waiting at home. Probably work on that tonight. Also, found that I have a Red-Lined Wrasse, and not a genuine Christmas Wrasse. Pretty similar fish, and I'm happy with the Red-Lined, but still...payed more money for a wrasse that was labled as a Christmas wrasse. Eh..

Where did you buy that Red Lined Wrasse?

Figures they would get the ID wrong lol.

Lol, even I looked it up before buying it, and thought it was a xmas wrasse. Still a dope fish. I'm sure if bring up the issue Brandon would make right. I'm not too worried.

Just finished hanging the fixture. I'm pretty stoked at how it came out!!

2012-12-05_21-01-39_825.jpg

2012-12-05_21-01-26_634.jpg

2012-12-05_21-00-55_409.jpg

MeanGreenEyes

Your build looks great...love the scape, neat idea hanging the t5's, and am jealous of your cord management skills. I need to bribe someone with the patience locally to fix mine.

looks ten time better imo :D

Thanks, brotha! I completely agree.

Heck yea looks way better, great job!

Thanks!!!

Looks awesome. Thats going to be a nasty tank in about 10 months. Such a great footprint on the breeders. IMO.

Joe

Thanks, Joe. I can't wait to get some more corals, and see them grow out!

Your build looks great...love the scape, neat idea hanging the t5's, and am jealous of your cord management skills. I need to bribe someone with the patience locally to fix mine.

Thank you!

Lol, the mp10 cords are actually bugging me! I have a pack of stick-on clips/hanger things I'm going to use, to run the cords up and to the back of the tank. The black tank trim will hide it, and the clips will catch it in case of magnetic fail.

MeanGreenEyes
Thank you!

Lol, the mp10 cords are actually bugging me! I have a pack of stick-on clips/hanger things I'm going to use, to run the cords up and to the back of the tank. The black tank trim will hide it, and the clips will catch it in case of magnetic fail.

I have the mounting brackets on my tank for my mp's already...I'm talking the rest of the cords...they're coming from my ears at this point...it's driving me nuts and it's all important equipment. :angry: I hate it...wish everything was wireless. It looks great...if you saw my cord mess you'd appreciate yours! lol :D

I have the mounting brackets on my tank for my mp's already...I'm talking the rest of the cords...they're coming from my ears at this point...it's driving me nuts and it's all important equipment. :angry: I hate it...wish everything was wireless. It looks great...if you saw my cord mess you'd appreciate yours! lol :D

Lol, zip ties...and more zip ties...

Archived