inTank Media Baskets

Zephs Zoo Haus !

ZephNYC

jedimasterben
Yup..saw it with my own eyes.

Fed ex really dropped the ball today. Un avoidable shipment delay so my 3 clams will be spending the night at the fed ex facitly - two days in transit. I dont even want them anymore, they will be so weak upon arrival. ARGGGGGGGGGGG!

Is the big squammy in this shipment? :(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the big squammy in this shipment? :(

yes it was. Along with a teardrop 5 inch maxima and a 3 inch pink aquacultured maxima. I dont want to even put them in my QT with my other healthy clams, so I guess I will put them all in the seahorse tank which has a 150w halide.

jedimasterben
yes it was. Along with a teardrop 5 inch maxima and a 3 inch pink aquacultured maxima. I dont want to even put them in my QT with my other healthy clams, so I guess I will put them all in the seahorse tank which has a 150w halide.

:(

MeanGreenEyes
New pics of my softies.

Scleronepthea

sclero2a.jpg

This is gorgeous!

Yup..saw it with my own eyes.

Fed ex really dropped the ball today. Un avoidable shipment delay so my 3 clams will be spending the night at the fed ex facitly - two days in transit. I dont even want them anymore, they will be so weak upon arrival. ARGGGGGGGGGGG!

That's insane! Will they allow you to go pick it up like UPS does?

Zeph,

My clam was acting fine this afternoon, mantle extended, colorful, etc. I went to place a frag on the rock it was on this evening and found out it hadn't attached. When I picked it up I noticed a white mass dangling from it. I presume these where the bysall fibers but when I turned the clam over I could see into it. I attached a picture is this normal?

photo38-1.jpg

PS-your inbox is full

jedimasterben
Zeph,

My clam was acting fine this afternoon, mantle extended, colorful, etc. I went to place a frag on the rock it was on this evening and found out it hadn't attached. When I picked it up I noticed a white mass dangling from it. I presume these where the bysall fibers but when I turned the clam over I could see into it. I attached a picture is this normal?

photo38-1.jpg

PS-your inbox is full

It's normal, the food is retracted. My squamosa does not have any threads, either, only the food.

That's insane! Will they allow you to go pick it up like UPS does?

I would, but it never even made it to NY. Its at a NJ facility. I get really mad and always think this is nothing more than some half wit who didnt see it in the back of the truck. My worry is that it can take a couple of weeks for a clam to die, voiding all refunds. I would really rather not even accept the package, but I know its not the responible thing to do, so I will just see how they do. I had 2 clams arrive from Dr.Mac today by way of UPS. I believe most people feel UPS is far better than Fed Ex.

This is gorgeous!

I really love these colorful NPS corals. Thanks.

jedimasterben
I would, but it never even made it to NY. Its at a NJ facility. I get really mad and always think this is nothing more than some half wit who didnt see it in the back of the truck. My worry is that it can take a couple of weeks for a clam to die, voiding all refunds. I would really rather not even accept the package, but I know its not the responible thing to do, so I will just see how they do. I had 2 clams arrive from Dr.Mac today by way of UPS. I believe most people feel UPS is far better than Fed Ex.

To explain it as simply as possible, UPS works like they are one company that does all kinds of shipping, Fedex works as multiple companies that each do one type of shipping.

Zeph,

photo38-1.jpg

PS-your inbox is full

Thanks....My box is empty now. Like Ben said it is normal and almost always happens, BUT BUT BUT it is really not what you would ultimately like to see. The healthiest of little clams will attach. Especially Maximas...and fill tha area out. Also the weaker a clam gets the bigger that hole will get and I dont like it when you can see straight through a clam like you said. Make sure your nitrates are 1 - 2 ppm.

You sound REALLY good on the phone Zeph. I guess you yelled at Live Aquaria already?

I did ? Im talked out. I didnt have a phone for 3 days and had a lot of catching up to do.

Not at all. I yelled at live aquaria last week when they shipped without heatpacks in 40F temps, because that was a dumb @ss move on their part. THis was Fed Ex's fault, and no use yelling at them, you may as well yell at the wall.

Dang that's awesome. Better put a skimmer in there stat

Oh there always was a big skimmer in there. THis is the second Squamosa to spawn on me. I have to do some serious homework if I want to take it to the next step.

Send me a baby!

My boys will have a blue rim, and the girls a pink one :)

Archived