Innovative Marine Aquariums

My BC14 . . .

ward827

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love your rocks AND the zoas! What are those purple and orange ones? They look fantastic!

Thanks! Not really sure what the purple one's are called. They were labled as eagle eyes but I don't think so.

Either way, I like them. The radioactive dragon's eyes have almost doubled since I put them in the tank. :)

The Paly's in the middle are doing so so. Eyelash Paly's. W-

The duncans are a nice addition! And whatever those zoas really are called, I just know that they're pretty. :wub:

Also, I don't know how it happened, but I came home today with a duncan as well. I blame the LFS and their pretty frag displays. :happy:

• Like 1

I've been wanting a Duncan, did you pickup from a LFS?

Yep. Got it last week at Exotic Aquatics. 3 large heads and about 10 small heads. $39.

They had 3 frags like that. Not sure if still there.

Went to Aquatic Designs today. Not impressed. Went to Neptune's Cove as well. Second time being there. A little better. And the young guy there was pretty cool.

Looks great. Duncans on the top left? Yellow centers?

Yep. Exactly. Has gone from 12 heads to 16 in about 2 weeks.

Never seen a coral grow so fast. I rarely spot feed. But I have started

Coral Frenzy. 1 time a week. Don't want to overdo. My algae is in check. :)

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Thanks! Not really sure what the purple one's are called. They were labled as eagle eyes but I don't think so.

Either way, I like them.

I love your rocks AND the zoas! What are those purple and orange ones? They look fantastic!

I think they're called lunar eclispe.

Got the Lunars a while ago at Exotic Aquatics. Was a small 20 polyp colony frag/rock that is now probably 50.
I need to update my tank shot. The Duncan is popping new heads really fast! And yes, the GSP is rocking!!! W-

I like it. Nice cube.

Thanks! Look forward to stopping in to your shop very soon! W-

• Like 1

1/19/13
Newest addition: small common starfish from KP Aquatics. About 1.75" across.
iPhone pic taken under actinic lights.

post-74100-0-35316500-1358637101_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

3/5/13 Update: TANK CRASH! Shiit!

Starfish decides to crawl into a hole in the live rock and die!

Couldn't find it until one of the legs began to hang out of the hole.
Grabbed some tweezers and pulled him out. Might be the reason.

I also moved some paly's and a large leather. Pissed them off and chemical

warfare? Not sure. Another scenario is a possible mini

cycle and the resulting ammonia killed what I listed. I'm really at a loss.

List of the dead:

Bicolor Dottyback (was a great fish, luckily I found him and got him out too)
Small 2 head hammer frag

Small 2 head candy cane frag

2 headed torch

5 headed frogspawn (one of my favs)
6-7 nerite snails

Luckily I caught it when I did. Did emergency WC's and none of the zoas have melted.

Some even starting to open up.

Duncan hanging in there.

Toadstool leather hanging in there as well.

Strangest thing, my flower nem is bigger than it's ever been after all this! Weird.

Blastos still showing some tissue so leaving for now.

Both clowns are eating and seem to be unaffected. Very glad about that.

No more starfish for me. Live and learn. I guess it could have been worse.

W-

Sorry to hear about your tank problems, im sure things will get better soon after the water changes..How has the maxima clam been doing? I am skeptical about even adding a deresa to my biocube since clams usually require strong lighting.

Sorry to hear about your tank problems, im sure things will get better soon after the water changes..How has the maxima clam been doing? I am skeptical about even adding a deresa to my biocube since clams usually require strong lighting.

The Maxima clam was a noob mistake. Gone. I had a derasa clam that did much better in my tank for a long time. Hardier and able to tolerate a little less light. Unfortunately lost him as well in the crash. Things are looking up but it's definitely a bummer.

The Maxima clam was a noob mistake. Gone. I had a derasa clam that did much better in my tank for a long time. Hardier and able to tolerate a little less light. Unfortunately lost him as well in the crash. Things are looking up but it's definitely a bummer.

Ok awesome thanks for the input! I am thinking about getting a deresa clam, a small one 1 1/2"-2". My tanks has crystal clear water and i keep my parameters and salinity stable. I have a Biocube 29, do you think its possible to keep a deresa in my cube with the power compacts?

Ok awesome thanks for the input! I am thinking about getting a deresa clam, a small one 1 1/2"-2". My tanks has crystal clear water and i keep my parameters and salinity stable. I have a Biocube 29, do you think its possible to keep a deresa in my cube with the power compacts?

I think it's possible. Very hardy clam. IMO. The other clam species need brighter light. The mantle tissue on the derasa is thinner and therefore the brighter light can actually harm it. When my tank recovers I'm definitely going to get another. W-

I think it's possible. Very hardy clam. IMO. The other clam species need brighter light. The mantle tissue on the derasa is thinner and therefore the brighter light can actually harm it. When my tank recovers I'm definitely going to get another. W-

Thanks bro! Im definitely going to try it out and see for myself. Thanks!

Polarcollision

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the starfish and crash. It was a really cool addition to your tank.

Lots of carbon, purigen and maybe adding the bacteria additives to stabilize organic fallout? It only takes one or two bacteria introduced to eventually multiply and process the added amonia load.

Archived