Coral Vue Hydros

My BC14 . . .

ward827

Ordered my free trial of Nualgi. May as well give it a try. I don't have much algae except a little on the glass.

But it's also supposed to help coral! Will update when I'm through with my trial size.

First dose today. Will see what happens after 12 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First dose today. Will see what happens after 12 weeks.

On my 3rd dose of Nualgi and I'm a true believer! FTS to follow soon.

Ok. What I can see after 3 doses (.5 mL each) is:

- more vibrant colors than before (in both coral and 2 clown fish)

- fluffier and more full coral (every coral is bigger in size, if not also growing)
- cleaner glass, although I still have to nano mag it every 2 days or so.
- the water is definitely clearer

- I do have a little diatom outbreak on the sand but nothing major

W

NanoFever

Ward great looking tank! Going to start cycling mine tonight hope to get it looking like this soon! :)

Ward great looking tank! Going to start cycling mine tonight hope to get it looking like this soon! :)

Thanks! I need to post a more current FTS as things are bigger and more colorful now. Nualgi def enhancing that growth.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank update . . .

Well, Nualgi is a blessing and a curse. Corals love it. Full, open and growing.
But with that came a diatom and cyano outbreak. Yes, it's part of the deal
but who knew it would be as big as it is.

With the tanks age at a little over 2 years I am now able to actually keep SPS.

I added a green stylo which is doing great. Awesome polyp ext. Kat sent me a few frags of Bali green slimer,
and an ORA spongode. Also doing quite well. All mounted near the top of the water column.

Will post a FTS as soon as I get a good one. W-

But in even cooler news, the large duncan is now playing host to the small clown.

It just happened one day. Only took 2 years . . . :)

• 2 months later...

That's a nice looking BC. I just sarted one about a month and a half ago. You can grow sps on the stock light? Mine is still pretty bare. Taking it slow and learning as I go.

That's a nice looking BC. I just sarted one about a month and a half ago. You can grow sps on the stock light? Mine is still pretty bare. Taking it slow and learning as I go.

Yep. It's not mind blowing SPS by any means but my small colonies are growing and have been since I put them in.

Green bird, green stylophora and bali green slimer. All very high in my tank. And since my tank is older I think that helps too.

Archived