Pod Your Reef

My BC14 . . .

ward827

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the bicolor frogspawn caught the brown jelly disease. Went downhill fast. Removed it a couple days ago. :(

It was great while it lasted. Going to replace it with a neon green/purple tipped torch from Glenn1978. :)

Will be here when the weather gets a little warmer. Will update a new FTS when ready. W-

There needs to be a button we can click to "unlike" part of the post and "like" another.

Well, the bicolor frogspawn caught the brown jelly disease. Went downhill fast. Removed it a couple days ago. :(

It was great while it lasted. Going to replace it with a neon green/purple tipped torch from glennr1978. :)

Will be here when the weather gets a little warmer. Will update a new FTS when ready. W-

I should really say the torch is from Coral Gardens Aquaculture. :)

Haha, I meant that I wanted to "unlike" the part about your frogspawn dying, and "like" the part about you getting a sweet replacement from me!

It was great while it lasted. Going to replace it with a neon green/purple tipped torch from Glenn1978. :)

I lost a head on mine, but no brown jelly. The remaining two heads are in decent but not great shape. Frustrating coral. Sorry about the loss. :(

Haha, I meant that I wanted to "unlike" the part about your frogspawn dying, and "like" the part about you getting a sweet replacement from me!

Yah, I knew. Just wanted to give you proper advertising. :)

Just went through 10 pages, and I must say your tank is really sick.

Thanks! A lot has changed since I first set up. But all for the better! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Glennr sent me a new green w/purple tips torch and seasons greetings monti cap.
USPS screwed up and arrived a day late. The torch is fine and is expanding more everyday.

The monti on the other hand is either totally bleached or dead. Bag was smelly and a little

goopy when it arrived, but still had green on it in some places.

So, will see what happens. My Tubbs yellow bird bounced back from near death as well.

It's not a stunner but it's alive. Not a big SPS guy. I prefer movement in the current.

Will post a pic when everything is happy as a clam. :) W-

Ward,

Just read all 10 pages. Impressive Tank!!

I just bought a Biocube 14 and it will be my first Salt water setup.

Your tank will certainly be an inspiration.

David

Ward,

Just read all 10 pages. Impressive Tank!!

I just bought a Biocube 14 and it will be my first Salt water setup.

Your tank will certainly be an inspiration.

David

Cool! And thanks. It's pretty much not the same tank as it was 2 years ago.

But that's a good thing. Good luck. Keep it simple and stable and go slow!!!

Thanks Ward,

I have been reading................and reading....................and reading!

Starting to wonder if I should have bought a Biocube 29 instead. But, too late now.

Just got my media basket and heater from Stevie T. Will hopefully start to set the tank up this weekend.

David

Your snails are having a party on the left side. The maxima looks very cute. Derasa looks healthy but is open that wide to grab as much light as possible. No plans on the LED upgrade?

And where are all the zoas?

Your snails are having a party on the left side. The maxima looks very cute. Derasa looks healthy but is open that wide to grab as much light as possible. No plans on the LED upgrade?

And where are all the zoas?

Nope. No plans for an LED upgrade anymore. Gonna leave as is. But it is time for new bulbs come april. :)

The zoas that were on the right began to melt away. As did the eagle eyes. But the nuclear greens, kedds reds and king midas

are hanging in there. I have a few stray RDE's in there too.

Going to once a month, 10% WCs. Will see what happens.
This may or may not be the best thing I can do for this tank. :)

• 4 weeks later...

BC14 turns 2 years old this month!!! Woo hoo!!!

Tank pretty much looks the same as FTS from 3/3/14. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my free trial of Nualgi. May as well give it a try. I don't have much algae except a little on the glass.

But it's also supposed to help coral! Will update when I'm through with my trial size.

YEah I'm home for a bit then it's travelling again. How about you? Soccer still going strong for the girls?

Soccer still huge with the girls. Em played Varsity as a freshman and was selected first team all district.

Maddie's team is now trying for second league champ in a row and plays on the National Dev team.

Both play on Olympic Dev team. A lot going on! :)

Archived