Top Shelf Aquatics

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

Just a small mod to make working in the sump that little bit easier and far better to see in it. I fitted this small ( 12" ) florescent light above my sump.

20150302_164727_zps3ta0ldkm.jpg

• Like 1
albertthiel

Just a small mod to make working in the sump that little bit easier and far better to see in it. I fitted this small ( 12" ) florescent light above my sump.

20150302_164727_zps3ta0ldkm.jpg

Makes sense Les ... good thinking !!

Albert

• Like 1
albertthiel

Thought for the day. while test kits are a good aid your eyes are the best test kits so use them often.

I like and agree Les

Albert

At last my Santa Monica HOB2 turf scrubber has kicked in and turf/hair algae is starting to grow. I recon in another week I will have to do my first harvest of it. With a bit of luck my caulerpa which arrived unnoticed and becoming a pest will die back if not all together. 2nd pic shows the turf scrubber attached to the sump.

20150309_134007_zpshyjbhsuo.jpg

20150227_172857_zpsxvwtvoik.jpg

• Like 1
albertthiel

At last my Santa Monica HOB2 turf scrubber has kicked in and turf/hair algae is starting to grow. I recon in another week I will have to do my first harvest of it. With a bit of luck my caulerpa which arrived unnoticed and becoming a pest will die back if not all together. 2nd pic shows the turf scrubber attached to the sump.

20150309_134007_zpshyjbhsuo.jpg

20150227_172857_zpsxvwtvoik.jpg

Yes indeed Les looks like it is doing what it is supposed to

Good for you and the tank

Albert

albertthiel

As you can see Albert I went with the Deltec SC1350 which has replaced my BM Curve 5 in the end.

Yes I did notice Les .... you have made quite a few changes and improvements to the new set up

BTW what Oxydator are you using and how many catalysts ?

Albert

• Like 1

Yes I did notice Les .... you have made quite a few changes and improvements to the new set up

BTW what Oxydator are you using and how many catalysts ?

Albert

The "A" model with 2 catalysts and 6 sometimes 9% in around 350ltrs

• Like 1
albertthiel

The "A" model with 2 catalysts and 6 sometimes 9% in around 350ltrs

Yes that is what I thought except for the peroxide strength switches

Albert

• Like 1

Yes that is what I thought except for the peroxide strength switches

Albert

I mostly keep it at 6% I used 9% when I had a bit of cyno on start up but 6% is my normal strength.

• Like 1
albertthiel

I mostly keep it at 6% I used 9% when I had a bit of cyno on start up but 6% is my normal strength.

Ok now I understand where the 9% came from ...

Thanks Les

I use 6% also

Albert

• Like 1

Taken just a couple of hours ago not as blue in real life however. Bottom right are my 5 SPS frags and an unknown coral I picked up. These are sitting on my DIY frag rack while they settle in and get used to my water and esp lighting.

20150309_194141_zpsvhkcym1s.jpg

• Like 1
albertthiel

Taken just a couple of hours ago not as blue in real life however. Bottom right are my 5 SPS frags and an unknown coral I picked up. These are sitting on my DIY frag rack while they settle in and get used to my water and esp lighting.

20150309_194141_zpsvhkcym1s.jpg

Looking good Les

Albert

• Like 1