Coral Vue Hydros

ZephNYC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scalper! hmpf! I'm the official ticket sales person for Zephs ZooHaus; now with rabbit as a new exhibit.

Or you could go to Tahiti after you are scuba certified to see the giant clams. -_-

Zeph the 210 is overflowing and I know you want to give me everything in there...... fingerscrossed

but I have a nano :rolleyes:

Zeph, start a thread in "members aquariums" section called Zeph's ZooHaus. I'll upload pics.

I just rearanged my 125 and its looking pretty sweet but slightly empty...nicely balanced though. Shame I cant take any pictures since someone stole both my cameras out the fish room. I think it was the fed ex guy.

Your gonna have to come over..He he heee ( fiendish laugh).

I just rearanged my 125 and its looking pretty sweet but slightly empty...nicely balanced though. Shame I cant take any pictures since someone stole both my cameras out the fish room. I think it was the fed ex guy.

Your gonna have to come over..He he heee ( fiendish laugh).

licoricea.jpg

omg i didnt even tell you...my love bird flew out the window today.

What! Ill have to knock 50cents off the viewing ticket price.

Ok, i found the Love bird. Cuff is his name, Link passed away a year ago. He was in the bathroom hanging out with the rabbit. They are friends now. We can charge full admission now. Btw, anyone know where those names came from? WHat movie had a pair of critters named Cuff and Link?

Cuff and Link. Cute. Sorry I missed your call, I fell asleep while I was putting the kids to sleep.

I am sure you were beat after that trip to Ikea. The names are from Rocky 1. He had two turtles ( my friend said goldfish but I remember turtles) named cuff and link. Your frags are looking really good.

randythefishdude
In Japan they do eat them

they eat every thing in japan....n that aquaculter clam farm vid the guy said the island people use them as a food sorce... yum ;)

randythefishdude
post-69479-1336441329_thumb.jpgpost-69479-1336441313_thumb.jpg
yep sorry about that i got carried away -_- ...so ill try to get things on track agean i feel bad.... heres some :clams:
Bongo Shrimp

yep sorry about that i got carried away -_- ...so ill try to get things on track agean i feel bad.... heres some :clams:

Don't feel bad we are all messing around. ;)

But a good thread like this couldn't hurt.

That second clam is beautiful. I just got my first clam, a gold maxima! I named it Au but it's been hopping around so much ima have to rename it bunny or bugs or something.

Bugs sounds good. I'll name my other maxima bunny because it's hopping all the way to the other side of the tank to be next to binny lol. Vinny and bunny

yea it did...i hear giant clams make good eating :P

My friend just came back from Tahiti. He said they ate a lot of giant clams while he was there.

My friend just came back from Tahiti. He said they ate a lot of giant clams while he was there.

Some of the same farms that grow them for our aquarium trade also sell them to the restaurant industry. crazyyyyy

TeflonTomDosh

If I ever go bar hopping with your friend it's nice to know he'd "take one for the team".

• 1 month later...
albertthiel
The full message was posted in the coral section as a way to deal with Acropra flesh eating flatworms and using some mystery product that takes 3 months to work apparently

My reply was

With regard to the product all I can say is why would it take so long to get rid of Acropara eating flatworms?

And if the ingredients are not listed on the bottle that makes it even more difficult to come up with an answer. On top of that I believe that in the US manufacturers need to list what the main active ingredient is on their labels so if that is not done .. it just make me wonder what is in there

Levamisole treatment can be used to active a much faster result ... and here is a link to an explanation on it:

http://www.leonardosreef.com/2012/06/guide-to-aefw/

On the slime: yes it could be that the product makes the SPS produce more slime to fight off the flatworms and that if they cannot feed they eventually die off and that could explain why it takes so long (as it may take that amount of time for the flatworms to all die)

Not sure though as mystery products are not what I like to deal with as I am sure you understand but like you say time will tell so if you are using it make sure you watch what goes on and if you are not satisfied with the result try another method for getting rid of them ...

Hope this sort of helps ...

Zeph you may want to do some investigating on Levamisole ... that is why I am posting it here ...

Albert

• 1 month later...

Archived