ReefCleaners.org

old thread lol

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

That one is a galaxea coral. Extremely aggressive and should not be put into a small tank. They need about a square foot of space all to themselves.

It doesn't look 'normal' in that picture because all the flow was off. They usually look like this:

7095_2CbkkhWBuz.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishDooD65

Yeah I agree I had a galaxea and they are mean lol. Those sweepers get long too just like in your pic

jedimasterben

Yeah I agree I had a galaxea and they are mean lol. Those sweepers get long too just like in your pic

The longest sweepers that one has is about 8" long. About 1/4" from being able to sting the maxi mini anemone on the rock near it. I have the flow there set specifically to make the sweepers go between the rocks.

FishDooD65
The longest sweepers that one has is about 8" long. About 1/4" from being able to sting the maxi mini anemone on the rock near it. I have the flow there set specifically to make the sweepers go between the rocks.
awesome idea! I had to do the same with my torch, the dam tentacles are long and they stung my trumpet and my rock anemone. I guess when live aquaria describes the coral's description as aggressive, they arent joking lol
Polarcollision

This spotted fish is gorgeous! What is it???

Same question about the green medusa-looking coral on the right.

20130502-IMG_0074.jpg

jedimasterben

awesome idea! I had to do the same with my torch, the dam tentacles are long and they stung my trumpet and my rock anemone. I guess when live aquaria describes the coral's description as aggressive, they arent joking lol

Torches are one of the most aggressive corals, alongside galaxea and certain chalices.

jedimasterben

This spotted fish is gorgeous! What is it???

Same question about the green medusa-looking coral on the right.

Leopard wrasse (wouldn't recommend it but to experienced reefers), and the coral is a galaxea, very aggressive coral with an extremely powerful sting, their sweepers are always out.

Polarcollision

Leopard wrasse (wouldn't recommend it but to experienced reefers), and the coral is a galaxea, very aggressive coral with an extremely powerful sting, their sweepers are always out.

My tank is full, no room for them anyway. But I'll keep it in mind for when I graduate into a larger tank. More pics? The one's you posted are great

jedimasterben

Nah, out of 476 pics, those are the only good ones. I still have my sisters camera, though... <_<

I'm having major fish envy!!!!! Some of those are just adorable...and they are ALL fabulous. You pick nice fish :D

jedimasterben

I'm having major fish envy!!!!! Some of those are just adorable...and they are ALL fabulous. You pick nice fish :D

It's not the end, either. :ninja:

Well, future-tense :ninja:

jedimasterben

Spectrapure unit is here, and so are the drivers and violet LEDs for the monster light. :happydance:

Psychosis

About damn time. You're holding up production on my end. How can I copy your every move if you haven't made them yet?

jedimasterben

Took 81 more pics. Most of them seemed to come out good, will have to narrow them down lol

FishDooD65

That bastard galaxea coral! Cool gif, I should make one of my monster torch. Better yet we should have a face off, my torch vs your galaxea and lets see who win the fight lol j/k

jedimasterben
That barnacle blenny looks comfortable in that rock, does he have friends?

As expensive as they are ($20-35) and how few seem to actually survive, nope.

Oh also. I was at brunch and thought of you.

20130504_112210.jpg

:wub:

jedimasterben

I'm also thinking of doing the big tank as a peninsula-stlye next to my computer desk instead of on the far wall. This would, however, leave the smaller tank out of my view because it would need to be on the far side of the big tank. Hmm.

jedimasterben

So, clam tank with absolutely ridiculous amounts of light? yea or nay?

Step 1: cut a hole in a box

Archived