Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never saw this happening like that.

Fun to watch!

I agree, worst that can happen is some tissue loss, I will cut both branches when things begin to heat up. For now I sit and watch.

could it be that they possess a similar gene which dulls any kind of reaction between them? for instance normally the polyps would react by killing each other and releasing chemicals. but something tells me that possibly they have some kind of compatible genetic aspect that is found randomly such as the PTC gene in humans. another possibility is that the corals in your tank have rapidly evolved to become compatible for some sort of survival reason. maybe the zeovit has triggered an all for one-one for all survival technique as opposed to left for dead behaviors of acros typically. since it is ULN, it might change something metabolically which causes them to be compatible to allow both to survive and thrive to preserve both corals as a whole. sorry to get carried away! I am very interested in genetics and just watched Richard Dawkins have his DNA analyzed+organized into certain traits, some of which were very specific. That would probably be what is causing my rambling. sorry about that!

Two different species, there may be a delay before they realize the other is not "self" and begins to fight. At this point it appears neither is all that uptight, the blue coral is showing some signs of stress now, PE is disappearing, no tissue loss as of yet though. I fully expect the blue coral will react soon to this attack, and probably loose. There is that remote chance, one in a million, this will result in a mutation of some kind, this is what I am living for :)

Coral Wars!

Not yet, but soon I expect.

How long have you worked for zeovit?

LOL, I don't work for Mr. Pohl or Zeovit in any capacity, just a crazed believer :P

^_-

The truth comes out... :o

This is how rumours start LOL. I would work in the KZ factory though, how amazing that would be :happydance:

Congrats on your two year mark. That's a big deal !!! :)

Thanks, the tank was only intended to be set up for a couple of months, ended up being a couple of years :)

Congrats on 2 years. My notification settings were not working :| Unsubscribe/re-subscribe will hopefully fix it.

Gratz on two years!

Thanks guys, and thanks for following along :)

The new dosing schedule looks good Christine. I can't wait to see where it gets you. What did you change?

Basically lowered amounts on some additives. I will keep you updated.

Happy 2nd birthday to this wonderful tank.

Thanks Kat :)

Do you turn down your MP10's at night, or do you keep a high flow 24 hours?

btw-Happy Birthday to your 2 year old!

Only have one MP10, I let it run the same all night, I can barely hear it. I have two Tunzes in also, they alternate in the day and turn off at night.

Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Received some new Hanna reagents for the HI736 phosphorus checker, both boxes are Lot# H030. Eager to try some out.

9725270147_ce2fa72d85_z.jpg

Also received some goodies for my "mad" scientist lab, LOL. :ninja:

9725271415_c42cf13b7a_z.jpg
As I expected !

I was receiving unusually high PO4 results with the Hanna HI736 phosphorus checker. Using reagents with the Lot# H025 I got >15ppb on over 21 separate tests made with this reagent lot#. I contacted Hanna Inc in RI, USA with my concern, they indicated that they have had NO reported issues with that lot# H025. So, I decided to send them 2 packets of reagent for testing in their lab. I am still awaiting results from them but have some of my own to share...

I tested 3 separate times using the same vial and new Lot# H030 reagent. I used the same technique all 3 times and mixing the reagent for exactly 2 minutes in each test.

Here are the results:

Lot# H030

Test 1 = 4ppb

Test 2 = 5ppb

Test 3 = 4ppb

I retested right after, one of the reagents from the old Lot# H025, this is what I got...

Lot# H025

Test 1 = 15ppb

Now it will be interesting to hear back from Hanna Inc and their results.

My phosphorus is where I thought it should be according to the results from the new reagent lot#.

As I expected !
I was receiving unusually high PO4 results with the Hanna HI736 phosphorus checker. Using reagents with the Lot# H025 I got >15ppb on over 21 separate tests made with this reagent lot#. I contacted Hanna Inc in RI, USA with my concern, they indicated that they have had NO reported issues with that lot# H025. So, I decided to send them 2 packets of reagent for testing in their lab. I am still awaiting results from them but have some of my own to share...
I tested 3 separate times using the same vial and new Lot# H030 reagent. I used the same technique all 3 times and mixing the reagent for exactly 2 minutes in each test.
Here are the results:
Lot# H030
Test 1 = 4ppb
Test 2 = 5ppb
Test 3 = 4ppb
I retested right after, one of the reagents from the old Lot# H025, this is what I got...
Lot# H025
Test 1 = 15ppb
Now it will be interesting to hear back from Hanna Inc and their results.
My phosphorus is where I thought it should be according to the results from the new reagent lot#.

I would go with Lot#H030.

Hanna told me the same thing, "No reported issues" with their reagents.

Now, what is up with those "mad scientist" gear?

Archived