Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

I'm being stubborn.

Blue+

Blue+ / Coral+

KZ Fiji Purple

Blue+

I would say Actinic+x2(Giessmann), Purple+x1(ATI), Coral+x1(ATI) Thank me later :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you get such great exposure balance in your FTS? Are you HDRing them?

I just correct the temperature in Adobe Photoshop. I shoot in RAW mode.

Was looking through Amazon and found this...

Hanna Instruments Certified Standard Kit, For Ultra Low Range Phosphorus Tester

Calibration checking set for Checker®HC HI 736 Phosphorus Ultra Low Range.

9730655672_cba690befa.jpg

I specifically asked Hanna Inc if they made a standard for the HI736, Hanna's answer, "no." I think they discontinued it because it is only available from Amazon. Maybe they didn't want people testing the accuracy of the checker and reagents with a standard any more, I wonder why.

So I ordered it out of curiosity. :naughtydance:

Received it on Friday, gave it a try in my HI736, the result was 80ppb/82ppb/80ppb on three tests. The reagent standard is certified at 100ppb so my checker is reading low by 20%. I need to add 20% to my results from now on. 20% is a lot, more than the advertised ±5 ppb ±5% of reading accuracy :rolleyes:

Still NO word from Hanna on the two packets of reagent I sent a month ago. Not surprised :rolleyes:

Nano sapiens

A shame to see such a large discrepancy. People pay good money for these devices expecting the accuracy to be within advertised tolerances.

Received it on Friday, gave it a try in my HI736, the result was 80ppb/82ppb/80ppb on three tests. The reagent standard is certified at 100ppb so my checker is reading low by 20%. I need to add 20% to my results from now on. 20% is a lot, more than the advertised ±5 ppb ±5% of reading accuracy :rolleyes:

Still NO word from Hanna on the two packets of reagent I sent a month ago. Not surprised :rolleyes:

That is quite a bit of difference there.

BTW, it seems that I must discontinue my zeovit dosing. I will not have time for it in the coming months with my research plans :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well I must say I am impressed with Hanna Inc. They responded finally with the results of the reagent LOT# H025. The results are consistent with my findings...

Christine,

Our testing confirmed that on average lot # H025 is reading 24ppb higher than expected. This lot number of reagent is defective.

Best regards,

Rob Silva
Technical Service Rep

Need I say more :)

Amazing growth, and deep color intensity.

Well done.

Thanks Tron, I feed it weekly and it just keeps getting bigger. Pretty hardy coral really.

Maybe I'll try one out of I come across the right color.

Go for it! Acans are awesome.

I'm going to start getting some rics and maybe some acans to fill up the lower half of my tank.

jedimasterben

I picked up three acan frags last week. A month or two ago, I lost all of my acan colonies. I paid no more than $5-10 for frags of each (was before this stupid naming craze really got going), and had exponential growth, some had 20 polyps. I came home one day, and all but one were simply white skeletons, no transition period, fluffy and healthy to white skeleton in less than 12 hours. The one remaining had only a minuscule amount of flesh left on it, and it was gone by morning.

Maybe I'll try one out of I come across the right color.

Do!

I picked up three acan frags last week. A month or two ago, I lost all of my acan colonies. I paid no more than $5-10 for frags of each (was before this stupid naming craze really got going), and had exponential growth, some had 20 polyps. I came home one day, and all but one were simply white skeletons, no transition period, fluffy and healthy to white skeleton in less than 12 hours. The one remaining had only a minuscule amount of flesh left on it, and it was gone by morning.

Sorry to hear that Ben, that sucks. I wonder what happened. :(

Mr. Microscope

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?! Nice colony. What is the time period between the frag and how it looks now?

I came home one day, and all but one were simply white skeletons, no transition period, fluffy and healthy to white skeleton in less than 12 hours. The one remaining had only a minuscule amount of flesh left on it, and it was gone by morning.

Dang Ben! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a nightmare! That would absolutely devastate me. Good luck rebuilding your collection.
jedimasterben

I dunno. At the time, everything else in the tank was doing ok - it was post-crash of the tank, and everything had looked like it recovered at that point, then that happened. :(

But now, my tank is better now than at that point - better water, better flow, better light, and once I get my new skimmer, MUCH better filtration - no more playing around with stuff that 'should be good enough'. :)

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?! Nice colony. What is the time period between the frag and how it looks now?

Dang Ben! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a nightmare! That would absolutely devastate me. Good luck rebuilding your collection.

Yes, feeding makes a huge difference really, once or twice a week and they pop up a new head every week or two in a healthy system. I would say the duration is a year, I originally bought it for my pico tank but it wasn't fairing well in there so I moved it to the 20g and it started to take off.

I have two blastomussa in now and have been feeding them twice a week, I see growth in just a month. I'm trying to fatten them up before they go in the new 7g tank :)

• 2 weeks later...

BADASS!!!

My Blastomussa are doing really well in my 20 gallon, new heads popping up everywhere. They are absolutely loving the T5's as am I. I am a bit worried to move them in the new 7 gallon tank now, they may not do as well in there, we will see soon enough.

10424090974_a836f71f5b_z.jpg

10424307263_9a4201033e_z.jpg
I love watching things grow !

Blastos and Yumas...favs!

My Blastos are doing well in a 12g with lots of new polyps growing, so I'd imagine yours should do just as well in a 7g with similar lighting and flow conditions as your 20g.

Archived