Top Shelf Aquatics

Custom Look CadLights 50Long

twan

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task list

Home Generator.

Having an electrician coming to the house today to quote me a price on a transfer box tied into my panel.

As long as all goes well I will order the Generac XG8000E tomorrow.

I have the Ecotech battery backup for the MP10's but that is all at the moment.

My wife called today and said we lost power twice for about 10 seconds both within 1 minute today.

I brought up the Apex on my phone from the office and see that there was power out at 1:46pm and back on at 1:47pm today.

What I want to know is why didnt my email alarm go off? Is my statement in the wrong order? Is there a typo? Does power need to be off for a longer to trigger it?

Set OFF

If Temp > 79.0 Then ON

If Temp < 76.9 Then ON

If Temp > 08.25 Then ON

If Temp < 07.50 Then ON

If Power EB8_3 Off 001 Then ON

OSC 715:00/005:00/000:00 Then ON

ug7Nx.jpg

Fuge

Going to add Chaeto/Holder/Submersible light to my Sump.

Going to try this light in this basket mounted on its side so water flows through it and make extra holes in it.

Task list

Home Generator.

Having an electrician coming to the house today to quote me a price on a transfer box tied into my panel.

As long as all goes well I will order the Generac XG8000E tomorrow.

I have the Ecotech battery backup for the MP10's but that is all at the moment.

dzbL5.jpg?1

This is in CT, and $750 if paying cash.  My other 2 quotes were around $1000.

This is installation cost only, not the actual generator.

Ok my lights were bought used from tokendog and I kept his settings. After a few weeks the torch, hammer & duncan have kept their color. The two monti caps and the acro have lost a little bit of their pop.

This got me thinking to check the lights. The original owner has not responded with his rationale of why he choose these timers/intensities specifically. I am contemplating erasing them all and starting fresh but I need some guidance.

1) Type of unit - AI Sol Blue

2) Tank dimensions: 50g 36x18x18

3) Number of units: 2

4) Optics in unit: standard

5) Height of units above water: 13"

6) Detailed settings

Time: 08:20 am | W:00% BL:49% RY:36% | Ramp Duration: 59 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 09:30 am | W:31% BL:100% RY:0% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 10:00 am | W:20% BL:73% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 10:30 am | W:50% BL:70% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 1:00 pm | W:55% BL:55% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 4:30 pm | W:30% BL:25% RY:50% | Ramp Duration: 120 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 7:00 pm | W:15% BL:5% RY:25% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 8:00 pm | W:02% BL:02% RY:02% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 8:30 pm | W:00% BL:02% RY:01% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 12:00 am | W:00% BL:02% RY:01% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: On

To me it seems to intense from the get go, not that I'm an expert at all but I'd want it to mimick sunrise and peak then dusk then sun set, look at my schedule on the first page of my journal however my peak is now at 43% white and 46% on both blues.

I am still looking over a few different settings on Reef Central that I can use. I am going to keep my peak current %'s but smooth up the ramp up/down.

From there I will increase the peak by 5% per week until I am running approx 75% across the board at peak. Then I will go back and adjust the ramp up/down slowly again to adjust the duration of that peak. More control = more variables = more confusion?!?!?!?!

What I am also going to begin doing is logging some house temperatures relative to tank temperatures.

5/31

76 deg upstairs

70 down stairs where tank is

77 tank temperature

Heater setting A If Temp > 78.4 Then OFF

Heater setting B If Temp < 77.4 Then ON

That gives me a good baseline for when it starts to heat up.

Skimmer dialed in giving me this dark dark stuff after 2 days

JFjf7.jpg?1

PH from 7.99-8.18 up from the range of 7.89-8.09 a week ago attributed to new fuge/light:

vFcd8.png?1

Fuge

Going to add Chaeto/Holder/Submersible light to my Sump.

Going to try this light in this basket mounted on its side so water flows through it and make extra holes in it.

Mission accomplished:

ySAo1.jpg?1

go7iQ.jpg?1

7fEv7.jpg?1

Ok my lights were bought used from tokendog and I kept his settings. After a few weeks the torch, hammer & duncan have kept their color. The two monti caps and the acro have lost a little bit of their pop.

This got me thinking to check the lights. The original owner has not responded with his rationale of why he choose these timers/intensities specifically. I am contemplating erasing them all and starting fresh but I need some guidance.

1) Type of unit - AI Sol Blue

2) Tank dimensions: 50g 36x18x18

3) Number of units: 2

4) Optics in unit: standard

5) Height of units above water: 13"

6) Detailed settings

Time: 08:20 am | W:00% BL:49% RY:36% | Ramp Duration: 59 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 09:30 am | W:31% BL:100% RY:0% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 10:00 am | W:20% BL:73% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 10:30 am | W:50% BL:70% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 1:00 pm | W:55% BL:55% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 4:30 pm | W:30% BL:25% RY:50% | Ramp Duration: 120 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 7:00 pm | W:15% BL:5% RY:25% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 8:00 pm | W:02% BL:02% RY:02% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 8:30 pm | W:00% BL:02% RY:01% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off

Time: 12:00 am | W:00% BL:02% RY:01% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: On

Proposed new Schedule:

Time: 08:30 am | W:00% BL:15% RY:15% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Coming off Night

Time: 09:30 am | W:10% BL:30% RY:30% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Dawn

Time: 10:00 am | W:25% BL:40% RY:40% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Sunrise

Time: 10:30 am | W:40% BL:50% RY:50% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | EarlyDay to MidDay

Time: 1:00 pm | W:55% BL:60% RY:60% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Midday

Time: 5:00 pm | W:35% BL:40% RY:40% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Midday to LateDay

Time: 7:00 pm | W:15% BL:20% RY:20% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Sunset

Time: 8:00 pm | W:02% BL:2% RY:2% | Ramp Duration: 30 mins | Lunary Cycle: Off | Dusk

Time: 8:30 pm | W:00% BL:02% RY:01% | Ramp Duration: 60 mins | Lunary Cycle: On | Lunar

Methodology:

-12hr photo period.

-Peak Intensity 4 hours.

-Whites jump 15% each step heading to peak & drop 20% each step after peak.

-Blue and Royal Blue jump 10% each step heading to peak & drop 20% each step after peak.

-All ramps 30min except for 1st, last, peak.

Thanks mpsti05. I read a large thread on Reefcentral with so many different settings at different heights and different amounts of units over varying tank sizes.

In the end I picked a schedule to mimic sun cycles without over stepping the highest % I had on my previous programs. It is from there I will adjust that peak intensity up from W:55% BL:60% RY:60% to probably W:75% BL:80% RY:80% over the next several weeks. After that it will be smoothing out the timer just before and just after this peak.................or maybe stopping there. We'll see.

Port forwarding for Apex and new IP camera is all setup now. I have external access to both via Iphone.

Today I also tested from my office via PC and I here is a screenshot of my 2nd monitor I have off to the side looking in on things. When I figure out how to share the video stream securely I will post it.

For now here is what I am looking at when slacking at work (lights barely on, in lunar at the moment):

eCyLS.jpg?1

Thanks for the kind words Spirofucci and nickjqz. I think I am done with the tech side of the tank and its time to start adding more fish and corals.

Better pic of the feed from the net now that lights are on:

MgCNy.jpg?1

It is as good as it is going to get picture wise since the camera is only 640x480.

If you want an IP camera that is under $100 that has IR features and is PTZ controllable over net and via apps this is the only one I know that fits the bill, the Foscam FI8918W.

If I can get an IP camera that is 720 or 1080 and is affordable one day I will upgrade.

Better pic of the feed from the net now that lights are on:

MgCNy.jpg?1

It is as good as it is going to get picture wise since the camera is only 640x480.

If you want an IP camera that is under $100 that has IR features and is PTZ controllable over net and via apps this is the only one I know that fits the bill, the Foscam FI8918W.

If I can get an IP camera that is 720 or 1080 and is affordable one day I will upgrade.

Sooo Sick! I may have to invest in a controller

Thanks mpsti05, the apex is giving me piece of mind and control over my mp10's (with the MWX) I never thought I could have.

So I needed to add my Leopard Wrasse before I go ahead and add any clowns or the flame angel.

Divers Den and my LFS did not have any for the last 2-3 weeks.

A stop by my LFS yesterday netted me a Kuiteri variety of Leopard Wrasse.

He was eating and had a full belly.

I was told the PE Mysis I have is too large for him to eat so I purchased some spirulina enriched frozen brine.

Great coloration, looks as vibrant as this one here.

p-37172-kuiteri-wrasse.jpg

He quickly buried himself in the sand after a 45min drip acclimation where I read he may stay for 1-3 days before he emerges again. After that he will take to the sand bed nightly to sleep. I need to add another 1" to my sand bed. I assume I will be using dry sand that is rinsed very very very well and adding it to the bottom via a pvc pipe or in ziplock bags with all pumps off the discourage clouding.

Will I have any problems adding rinsed dry sand to my tank? I was going to use this type to match my existing.

So I go to work this morning wondering when she will come out.

On lunch I pull up my tank camera and see she is out and about!

Look on the left side of the tank between the torch and the hammer.

Crappy pic I know but its a snapshot from a browser that links to a 640x480 camera.

There she is!

WQhky.jpg

Setting up the Apex and Camera system paid off today by letting me rest a little easy that this new fish is out and about. Now to observe it eating and get answers on if I need more sand or not. It may look like I have 1.5" of sand but there is egg crate under there.

I think in the areas not covered by rock I should lay down some more dry sand. What do you think?

Sweet! That controller is so sick. My new 2 spot goby has pretty much been killed by my 6 line wrasse. :(

When I got home yesterday she was out for a good 3 hours and I was able to feed and watch her eat spirulina enriched frozen brine.

At around 7pm before the lights started to go down she disappeared into the sand.

I have not seen her out at all today and its 5pm.

Guess she is adjusting.

Archived