Cultivated Reef

Multiple Gorgasms

LongPig

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that swissguard is gorgeous, what a cool fish, I've always wanted one.

I can confirm the dusters don't last, I've had 2 separate clusters, one shipped, one picked up locally. Fed live photo, all melted

One of my local stores is actually huge and in a guy's basement. He sold me the Swissguard, which is almost three inches long, for $70. One of my other LFS is actually That Fish Place. They have a bajillion square foot fish room. Then there's my buddy's store and a place about an hour away that's an amazing little store called "Something Fishy". A member here works there I just don't know which one.

Swiss guard is awesome and tank looks amazing. How is the maintenance on that beast? You have too many excellent livestock options. There are tons of LFS around here but nothing great on my side of town.

jedimasterben

Maintenance has been pretty easy so far. I change 25% of the water every two weeks and change my filter socks every other day.

That got old fast for me, so I've been completely mechanical filter-less.

jedimasterben
I don't mind. I'm usually laying on the ground in front of the sump checking things anyway.

Makes sense.

I do have a lot more 'gunk' floating around my tank (my latest batch of pics shows that), but thats really how it happens in the ocean, so by god I'm all for that!

jedimasterben

I'm debating on getting a pair of them. I can get them sorta-locally (since they're caught off the coast of FL), but they're still $80 each. :/

I'm debating on getting a pair of them. I can get them sorta-locally (since they're caught off the coast of FL), but they're still $80 each. :/

Do it. They're beautiful.

That frag tree is the best thing since sliced bread. How small is the bangaii? If You feed them tons the fish has one or two little bumps that appear on the tush. This is the way to sex them.

I know. I'm loving the frag tree. The Banggai's body is about the size of a thumbnail.

Nice FTS. How's that carnation doing?

Thanks. It's a cauliflower (Scleronephthya sp.) and it's doing well. I actually have another one coming this week from LA.

I love this tank. Everything you add is perfect for where you put it. Do you have a tank set up at your shop at all?[/quote

I had a 37 gallon reef set up at the shop but it became a pain in the ass to do any maintenance so I switched to a freshwater with a Congo Puffer but that fool decided to eat four X-ray Catfish and died so I got frustrated and tore it down.

The tv show tanked installed a tank in a tattoo shop in one of the episodes. It was the shape of a spade, you know like ace of spades. I swear that has your name all over it.

I'll have to see if I can find the episode. I have a huge spade tattooed on my neck.

Archived