Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
still have some that you wanna spare me? B)

Yeah theres still a huge piece, but its not growing like it use to. In fact nothing is. There seems to be an imbalance in chemistry.

Yeah theres still a huge piece, but its not growing like it use to. In fact nothing is. There seems to be an imbalance in chemistry.

Any idea what the imbalance may be ?

Just curious.

Love that zoa garden!!!

one of the best ive seen so far

Thanks

Here are the zoa's on the other side of the tank that I rarely take pics of

leftzoas0824.jpg

Any idea what the imbalance may be ?

Just curious.

Oh just saw this. The three main elements are off. I've only been dosing alk so I guess mag and Calc went down because of that? I don't really want to does anything, but the ph and and alk were so low at one point that I felt I needed to.

Very nice. And forget what I said about the mini nems not moving. This morning can't find my new one. I started with the kalk top off. Water is a little white. That normal?

I forget, do you have an ATO? If so, put egg crate on the bottom of your container so the pump isn't sitting on the bottom where all the kalk is settled.

I do manual top offs, and you can see a white tint when I pour a cup in, but quickly goes away.

Thanks Albert

2pinksps0825.jpg

pinksps0825.jpg

Looks super Brad ... Very nice polyp extension and very well taken pics as well.

I don't have any SPS in my tank (yet) and not sure whether I will put some in.

Right now I am focusing on LPS, and all are doing well (pictures are on my thread for the most part).

Yesterday I went to the LFS with my wife as she wanted a fish or two (I wanted a coral or two), but guess who won?

So I ended up coming home with a Citron Goby (real nice little fish perched on the live rock) and a Lantern Basslet that does about the same but does swim around a lot more and is a bit more aggressive so he kind of keeps the Banggai cardinal in check.

I'll put some pics on my thread in a while.

I forget, do you have an ATO? If so, put egg crate on the bottom of your container so the pump isn't sitting on the bottom where all the kalk is settled.

I do manual top offs, and you can see a white tint when I pour a cup in, but quickly goes away.

Manual top offs. I do like .5 gallons per day +/-. Honestly everything looked pretty good after doing a wc and topping off with kalk RO. I think I'm gonna get that brain we saw. I like it. If its still there...

Nice.

Thinking of setting up the 18x18x6 again, but don't want to put much money into it. What would be the cheapest, low profile light for this? Will be softies only. Can 1 par38 cover 18x18?

GAME WEEK!!! Life is restored as college football starts this week.

Parents wanted to see an updated living room pic, so figured I'd post the room here too. Picture makes me realize I have so much room for a longer tank. haha

fullroom0827.jpg

Side

sidefts0827.jpg

GAME WEEK!!! Life is restored as college football starts this week.

Gorgeous looking Brad and what a nice arrangement of all that is in there.

Great shot too !

Looking good, man. I would say that 18x18 is really pushing it for a single PAR38. You will have to mount it pretty high over the tank and lose some intensity. It will work for some frags though of course.

Gorgeous looking Brad and what a nice arrangement of all that is in there.

Great shot too !

Thanks Albert.

Looking good, man. I would say that 18x18 is really pushing it for a single PAR38. You will have to mount it pretty high over the tank and lose some intensity. It will work for some frags though of course.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting 1 par 38 to be enough, but was praying lol. I really wanted to keep it as cheap as possible. Just pick up a returnpump for under $50, lighting under $100, some rock and sand $50. And be done.

edit: LEDtric says a bulb with 120* optics 10-15 inches above the water will work. Think ill try that.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really going on with the tank. I think I'll be purchasing an Elos ATO this week.

September pics.

Sadly, this one is dying. Everything else is doing great though. Not sure why.

dead0910.jpg

Pink. I should have removed the frag plug, I wasn't thinking lol

pink0910.jpg

Pot of Gold favia, now glued to the back wall. Love this thing under the royal blues

potofgold0910.jpg

Fire and Ice morph

fireice0910.jpg

SPS rock

spsrock0910.jpg

FTS. excuse the gross glass. I need to find a spot for the green acro and move it off the sand, it has regained full color since purchasing it though.

fts0910.jpg

side0910.jpg

Should try and frag that one near the tips to retain it. Check it for bugs and such and get it out so nothing spreads. Tank looks happy. That light is making everything color up real well.

Nothing really going on with the tank. I think I'll be purchasing an Elos ATO this week.

September pics.

Sadly, this one is dying. Everything else is doing great though. Not sure why.

Looks real nice Brad and hope you can save the one you say is dying by maybe fragging the healthy pieces or stopping any tissue necrosis with gel glue ... or dipping or whatever is more appropriate given its condition which I cannot really see very well in the pic

Should try and frag that one near the tips to retain it. Check it for bugs and such and get it out so nothing spreads. Tank looks happy. That light is making everything color up real well.

Looks real nice Brad and hope you can save the one you say is dying by maybe fragging the healthy pieces or stopping any tissue necrosis with gel glue ... or dipping or whatever is more appropriate given its condition which I cannot really see very well in the pic

Yea gonna have to frag the tips, gonna have like 10+ 1" frags lol

Awesome tank. Really swank condo you got too.

Thank you.

Ordered the Elos digital Osmocomtroller :)

Eh, I don't think so. More led colors and 6 channels of control, in my opinion isn't worth it. And the strength of the new unit would be overkill on shallows. Ecotech said they'll continue to bring out upgrades for the original radion, so I'm interested in that. I'd assume it'd be like AI's puck upgrades (sol to vega).

New goodies just came.

F237EE32-39AD-456B-9AEC-708D8D738853-4442-000003F1B0A631AB.jpg

When Kessil finally comes out with a controllable A350w I'm the first customer. Godam I can't wait for that day. They are developing right now.

Archived