SaltCritters.com

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

Eh, I don't think so. More led colors and 6 channels of control, in my opinion isn't worth it. And the strength of the new unit would be overkill on shallows. Ecotech said they'll continue to bring out upgrades for the original radion, so I'm interested in that. I'd assume it'd be like AI's puck upgrades (sol to vega).

New goodies ...

Brad ... let me know how the Purigen works for you will you? I tried it but it would not bring my phosphates down to below 0.03 ppm (Salifert test) and I had to supplement the filtration with Aluminum oxide granules in my HOB filter to get them down to the point where the Salifert test could not detect any PO4 any longer and showed "clear water" in the test vial.

I have not tried GFO yet because the Al. oxide (PhosGuard works well for me).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albert, I have always used purigen and chemi pure elite. I honestly don't test my water, but everything is happy and growing fast. So I'm happy :)

Albert, I have always used purigen and chemi pure elite. I honestly don't test my water, but everything is happy and growing fast. So I'm happy :)

I guess that is the main thing: if everything is happy the water quality must be good although it would not hurt IMO to test from time to time :-)

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny I haven't tested anything since you gave me that kalk, but I know it's working because my coraline is taking over and an sps that was once lost is returning with new tips. That said, it seems that a couple scrolling montis are a lighter shade. I don't want I say bleaching, but it's weird.

Everything in your pics looks great! That green one will start scrolling down from there and look real cool. Love that Pot of Gold. My brain and favia corals are my favorite right now.

Thanks guys.

Is it possible for sps to bleach when near zoa's?

This is the only thing I can think for my acro colonies. The one next to the zoa garden bleached very badly, so I moved it to the sand bed where the healthy large green acro colony was. I moved the green acro to the old spot of the bleached one, and now it is bleaching out.

The original bleached one seems to be improving now that it is on the sand and not near the zoa garden.

How's the flow in the bleaching area? It's strange cause u never really know what will happen with these sps. I've had acropora that I plopped in an it started growing right in that spot, whereas others need to acclimate in the sand and slowly move up. I've bleached a couple nice ones by loving them up too fast. Flow also matters almost more than light because if the coral isn't getting enough trace elements it's not going to do well. If say you should test your water for alk and calc an mag, but if they are doing ok when placed lower then idk.

Flow when near the zoa garden is basically right in front of the mp10, maybe 2-3" lower than the mp10.

The green one was on the sand bed for a while, and now within days of moving it up about 3-4" has started bleaching.

Thanks Albert.

Debating on ordering these. All 1" frags. Bit expensive tho

Yes looking at them I can imagine they may be but they do look "nice" indeed.

Thanks.

I'm noticing some red bubble algae and other nasty stuff growing on my rocks.

Thinking of just ordering 30 pounds of dry rock and let it sit in a tub for a month or two, then do a total exchange of rocks.

Raised up huge island

8f98e6241488811f6f6801b300e5876f.jpg

1 big and 1 small island

4de5e8ed843cee08a74a1e26edafad69.jpg

2 designs I'm thinking.

Nice little SPS 10 pack coming next Friday

-red planet

-pearlberry

-orange monti

-sour apple BN,

-green acro

-purple acro,