inTank Media Baskets

PArIsHIlToN New Nano Tank

parishilton

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added female black clown to pair up with the percula. She is unbelievably huge. I have never seen a clown fish this big before. She is at least 4" long from head to tail. I thought she would beat the percula up but no. They are a couple now. You can tell from the pics below who is the head of the household. Haha

6CM1Sm.jpg

5fXOM7.jpg

PpQquH.jpg

This is an amazing comeback tank paris. I love the hi fin pistol shrimp pair, I used to have one in my pico and I could sit and watch them for days. Amazing pics btw. Any advice on how to get my bta to bubble up?

Nice Hi-fin. I'm getting one for my tank soon hopefully.

So they paired up? was your old clown alone? I figured the old one would've been female and the new one would have an issue with this because it's so much bigger. At any rate that's a scary clown. I'd hate to put my hand in that tank.

I remember the anemone shrimp :happy:

Glad to see he's doing well!

It is a different one. The one in the pico die with the tank crash.

This is an amazing comeback tank paris. I love the hi fin pistol shrimp pair, I used to have one in my pico and I could sit and watch them for days. Amazing pics btw. Any advice on how to get my bta to bubble up?

Thank you. I love them also. They are so funny and adorable to watch. I really have no idea about bta. Mine had never been bubble in my old tank but it bubble up in this tank since the first day. I tried every possible way in the old tank. Low light, high light, low flow or high light.

Nice Hi-fin. I'm getting one for my tank soon hopefully.

So they paired up? was your old clown alone? I figured the old one would've been female and the new one would have an issue with this because it's so much bigger. At any rate that's a scary clown. I'd hate to put my hand in that tank.

Thank you. You definitely should get goby shrimp pair. You can watch them all day.

About the clowns, yes they paired up right a way. The new gigantic one always follow the little one. The male was scared at first. He stayed at the corner all the time with the beast followed and swimming below him. I guess he thought that "OMG, this thing scares the hell out of me" and ask himself why would anyone find me this giant wife that would eat her own husband. Haha!

I am scared to put my hand in the tank as well. She will come right at my hand every time I put it in the tank to move some stuff around. :angry: I am thinking about adding dwarf angel like Cherub or Acanthop. Whichever I could find first. I may have to rethink about this.

Thank you. You definitely should get goby shrimp pair. You can watch them all day.

About the clowns, yes they paired up right a way. The new gigantic one always follow the little one. The male was scared at first. He stayed at the corner all the time with the beast followed and swimming below him. I guess he thought that "OMG, this thing scares the hell out of me" and ask himself why would anyone find me this giant wife that would eat her own husband. Haha!

I am scared to put my hand in the tank as well. She will come right at my hand every time I put it in the tank to move some stuff around. :angry: I am thinking about adding dwarf angel like Cherub or Acanthop. Whichever I could find first. I may have to rethink about this.

Haha yeah I've had a pair in the past, and they rocked.

You need to go on the defensive. Instead of one hand in the tank, put two in and use a defensive flick to ward off attacks! This is war!

Haha yeah I've had a pair in the past, and they rocked.

You need to go on the defensive. Instead of one hand in the tank, put two in and use a defensive flick to ward off attacks! This is war!

I will try that. I hope she will not be even more aggressive. :lol: HAHA

Here comes the parishilton's tank landmark.

uhRQgQ.jpg

I will try that. I hope she will not be even more aggressive. :lol: HAHA

Here comes the parishilton's tank landmark.

uhRQgQ.jpg

do want. really coming along nicely

do want. really coming along nicely

Thank you. Still a long way to go.

How much you get for an anemone shrimp? I know this is very hard to find in our Indo-Pacific.

I got it for 4 dollars. I think they can be bred in captivity now.

Here is the video of the clown fish. In the beginning part, she does not look that big. Wait until the zoom out part, you will see how big she is. Keep in mind that the male percula is already 2".

• 4 weeks later...
Wow those are very beautful zoos/palys paris.....Awesome pics

Thank you Rehype.

PS. I switched from LED to MH. I am using two 150w.

The reason is that I do not like the corals color from LED.

Archived