Innovative Marine Aquariums

TheKleinReef
23 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Thanks for the condolences guys.

Update:

The kat still has polyps, I think it may just be bleached, but man I don't see it coming back from this....

Nems are all still closed.

Hammer, frogspawn, bubble all closed.

but the GSP looks aight. So i got that going for me at least. 

35570839392_69861e7706_b.jpgmy soul hurts by Roger Klein, on Flickr 

luckily I have a smaller piece of katropora on the opposite side of the tank, I'm not sure how it's doing though. Probably a goner too. 

yeah, but look at that...... 

4 minutes ago, Veng said:

Bleached corals can recover, I've had a few successfully do it for me, even after Tailes said they were dead and to toss them. :lol:  

TheKleinReef
16 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I really hope it can recover...it would be a miracle =(.  Are you planning on coming home soon?  What's the long term plan for this tank??

I'll be home next month probably. 

Long term will probably LPS/softy dominate, or if the rents want to tear it down, I'll sell it to fund my next build. 

1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

yeah, but look at that...... 

It's heartbreaking, but I've had stuff like that come back.  As long as you've got polyps and flesh, it has a chance.  

TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, Veng said:

It's heartbreaking, but I've had stuff like that come back.  As long as you've got polyps and flesh, it has a chance.  

I just don't have a way to tell if there's flesh left. Pictures can only give me so much info. 

2 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I just don't have a way to tell if there's flesh left. Pictures can only give me so much info. 

From what I can see in that picture, there is polyp extension, which means there is flesh.

• Like 1

Yeah, when I go home in August, I'm ripping it down. 

My love of this hobby melted away with my SPS.

Im really really sorry man.... just take some time off. You know I know better than anyone how you feel but give yourself some time and you may feel differently. Could take months or years but once reefing is in your blood it never really leaves....trust me

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Restart with LPS and softies.  Maybe lots of gorgonians?

It's not my tank anymore. I can't even look at the livestream without being so sad. 

4 years of Kat growth and some awesome mini colonies gone. This tank has seen more failures than successes. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

It's not my tank anymore. I can't even look at the livestream without being so sad. 

4 years of Kat growth and some awesome mini colonies gone. This tank has seen more failures than successes. 

still better then any tank that i have ever had hahaha

No way man!  TOTM!  I know it's sad now but you will look back later and remember all the good times with the tank.  When you come back, you gonna give the tank a big hug, clean it up, and it will be good as ever.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer
13 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

This tank has seen more failures than successes. 

I'm not one for pep talks, but I think the majority of tanks on this site, or anywhere, share this sentiment. Especially any SPS dominant system. One that really sticks out in my memory is Bonermans tank. There was a guy who's main focus was marine biology. He was a giant in the hobby, yet even his system crashed.

Sit back, take some time off. (Stay away from crack, or meth.) The itch will return, and you'll be back spending money you can't spare to set up another tank.

• Like 5
TheKleinReef

And there go all the montiporas too...

https://video.nest.com/live/mrkleinreef

17 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Failures?!?!?!?!? Your tank is kickass! It looks a billion times better than mine!

As of right now, that's debatable.

Lost corals:

10" katropora

4" enuis 

2" stag

6" spongodes

5" digitata

4" birdsnest.

Of course the bubble coral is fine, the one that caused all the f-ing damage.

edit:

parents confirmed all SPS are gone. 

And there go all the montiporas too...

https://video.nest.com/live/mrkleinreef

As of right now, that's debatable.

Lost corals:

10" katropora

4" enuis 

2" stag

6" spongodes

5" digitata

4" birdsnest.

Of course the bubble coral is fine, the one that caused all the f-ing damage.

edit:

parents confirmed all SPS are gone. 

even the starburst monti?????  =(

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Yep. Montis survived one day longer than the acros. 

=(.  i have a frag that's bleaching out for some reason right now.  if it recovers, it's yours plus i have lots of green birdsnest and purple stylo you can have.