Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you getting Gena? I highly recommend the red bristle stars and this is my fav gorgonia on the site:

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info...;products_id=67 :D But all the gorgonias are so pretty. I want one, but I don't know that I want to deal with feeding it. I've gotten epically lazy about that sort of stuff lately because I've been busy.

All items are ordered and they arrive tomorrow omgomgomg Talk about fast service. I was hoping for Friday, but the website said Monday or Tuesday after payment. Guess they must have been really slow this week :lol:

I ordered Danielle's 3 items. Plus, I got 2 gorgs for myself, 2 sponges, and 2 nano stars. My stuff is all for the frag tank. I loved the looks of the frilly purple, but since this tank is going to be more reds, oranges, yellows, and greens (a contrast to my nc12 with it's pastel shades) I went with the orange and yellow gorgs.

You don't have to directly feed them at all. Although I've seen them grab cyclopeeze. I'll probably crop dust them which will be enough for them. They are photosynthetic.

surgicalsense
All items are ordered and they arrive tomorrow omgomgomg Talk about fast service. I was hoping for Friday, but the website said Monday or Tuesday after payment. Guess they must have been really slow this week :lol:

I ordered Danielle's 3 items. Plus, I got 2 gorgs for myself, 2 sponges, and 2 nano stars. My stuff is all for the frag tank. I loved the looks of the frilly purple, but since this tank is going to be more reds, oranges, yellows, and greens (a contrast to my nc12 with it's pastel shades) I went with the orange and yellow gorgs.

You don't have to directly feed them at all. Although I've seen them grab cyclopeeze. I'll probably crop dust them which will be enough for them. They are photosynthetic.

Cool I can not wait to see your new goodies for the frag tank :)

Plus, I got 2 gorgs for myself, 2 sponges, and 2 nano stars.

Did you get the red brittle nano stars? Or serpent stars?

ScubaEthan
Yeah the tank should be fine, I will do my best to place it back the way it was fingerscrossed maybe I will take pictures of the layers as I take it apart.

Yes, will be living their rent free for a long while which will be nice. Or if my bf makes note he can not stand his mother anymore and wants to move out, so whichever comes first.

I had found one at the beach, but just as Felicia advised me it wasn't going to make it :unsure: it died.

Good idea! I should do that too. Rent free is sweet! I hope you all get along under one roof for a while. Aw. I wish I lived over there and we could all go in on shipping.

surgicalsense
Good idea! I should do that too. Rent free is sweet! I hope you all get along under one roof for a while. Aw. I wish I lived over there and we could all go in on shipping.

I know I will be fine living there, I am just uncertain how long my bf can at his mommy's :P either way, I see it like this is now in her late 60's and she should not be living 1500 away from all of children who are located here in Ca. Not that she couldn't handle it, but I feel it is so much better for her :happy:

I know, it would be cool about the shipping. But, this is and will probably be the only time I was able to jump and do this, specially with no regrets.

Did you get the red brittle nano stars? Or serpent stars?

I got the serpents again. Only because I'm familiar with their habits and they don't grow super fast. I'm concerned about them getting stuck in my maxi-minis. I saw how your red brittle wanders and my serpents don't wander much at all. I never see them at the top of the tank. They are always down low in the rocks.

I think the red brittle star is prettier though. I may try one down the road.

Spirofucci

So....have you guys made any plans for when Brad come out???? Man, I'd love the be there.

surgicalsense
So....have you guys made any plans for when Brad come out???? Man, I'd love the be there.

Not completely, because I work during the week he will be in town. Not sure exactly who will be the project director to set up everything regarding lunch/Vivid/so forth.

We'll have to plan for early evening. My son is still in school then and I'll need to pick him up at 3pm. I'm not even sure what time Vivid closes. We'll have to look into all that.

surgicalsense
We'll have to plan for early evening. My son is still in school then and I'll need to pick him up at 3pm. I'm not even sure what time Vivid closes. We'll have to look into all that.

Right ... we will figure this out.

Okay I just added everyone and over fed the tank, specially since I missed yesterday. So no feeding until next Thursday now. Hopefully I get L to take pictures for me :D

Right ... we will figure this out.

Okay I just added everyone and over fed the tank, specially since I missed yesterday. So no feeding until next Thursday now. Hopefully I get L to take pictures for me :D

I'm still in the process but just took a break for lunch. I wish you would have waited till after the mail came. I got a poop-ton of macro in the mail that I'll never be able to use. Wanna stop back by for some?????? Or I can save it for tomorrow if you rather. I can't believe the quantities I was sent...holy cow!!!!!!!!!!

Send some to me Gena! I need lots of macro for my sump and display!

Can't wait to see pics Danyello! :happy:

Send some to me Gena! I need lots of macro for my sump and display!

Can't wait to see pics Danyello! :happy:

I haven't been able to get it in my tank yet since EVERYTHING decided to come in today :lol: I'll see exactly what I have and I can totally send you some :)

I love you guys! Danyello is sending me some miracle macro. With all of your help I'll have a kick azz tank in no time! :happy:

I got the serpents again. Only because I'm familiar with their habits and they don't grow super fast. I'm concerned about them getting stuck in my maxi-minis. I saw how your red brittle wanders and my serpents don't wander much at all. I never see them at the top of the tank. They are always down low in the rocks.

I think the red brittle star is prettier though. I may try one down the road.

I love the serpent stars too (I have 3 of those) so they're a good choice as well. I must have gotten a shipment of hyper starfish because even my serpents wander around a lot. I haven't seen them go up to the top but they sure run around over all the rocks and the sandbed. I honestly was not expecting starfish to be so active, but all 5 of mine act like they're hopped up on sugar, especially around feeding time.

I've had the same experiences as Gena. My serpent stars(I have 2) rarely move from their spots, while the red brittle is pretty active and always has a new spot. Also with my nems the star fish star away from them. One of my serpent stars actually has a cave right by my rock flower nems and will take food from them if I'm not careful.

surgicalsense

Looks like the tank is recovering from this morning fatty feeding session. Everything looks happy ...

I have now added a orange nano spiny gorgonian coral and nano purple gorgonian. Funky ball of cheato to reseed my tank, which I needed big time. Nano pencil urchin, kinda cute in a really weird way. Little porcelain crab that is now, nowhere to be found. The crab is the darker species so in that case, much harder to see in my LR <_<

* found it :P

On the LR in the right side of the tank, onside part. The only thing that made it stand out was the orangish marking. Other then that, I probably would of though it was MIA.

surgicalsense
[insert meme about this post being pointless without photos here]

What the dueces?!

I believe I did mention I was going to ask L to take some and he said he would! :P

surgicalsense
Can't wait to see!

I did post the dendra .. did you see? Since I have had it for almost a week now, it is looking better and fatter. More of the heads are responding to feeding, yay!

surgicalsense
I want nano gorgs and dendros and pencil urchins....no fair.

I wanted a Unicorn, but I think that is going to happen either :P

... why can't you jgpico?

surgicalsense

Q:

Lastnight I was doing the whole watching the tank in dark with a flashlight routine and I noticed some tiny worms catching the current, there was a handful of them. Now should I be worried? They would come out of the substrate and swim in the current and land in things then burrow. Least that is what it looked like to me that they were doing.

:unsure:

Archived