inTank Media Baskets

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

I'm back! Sorry for disappearing on you guys! As a result, I'm crazy behind so I'm doing me best to catch up. Can I get a quick update on your tank? Anything new or still holding off until the move? Also, how long until the move now?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I'm back! Sorry for disappearing on you guys! As a result, I'm crazy behind so I'm doing me best to catch up. Can I get a quick update on your tank? Anything new or still holding off until the move? Also, how long until the move now?

90 days omgomgomg

I have a 15g bin ... but I think I need one that is made of thicker plastic.

90 days omgomgomg

I have a 15g bin ... but I think I need one that is made of thicker plastic.

Wow! So soon! Better to be safe than sorry with the bin. It would be a disaster for it to bust in the middle of the move.

Spirofucci

So.....how often do you have to feed those dendro guys? Gena, you should get one, you hand feed every day anyway, right?

ScubaEthan
Where are you moving to Ethan?

Across town lol. My roommates, from whom I sublet a room in a house, are moving in the Fall so I have to as well. I want to move anyway. It's a ####ty house in a ####ty area. The plan is to move in with a friend further downtown in August. Hopefully we can find a little house to rent. I HATE apartments. So not as far as you, but still have to tear down and pack up everyone the same.

surgicalsense
So.....how often do you have to feed those dendro guys? Gena, you should get one, you hand feed every day anyway, right?

I should and will be, but for right now I have been dropping small amounts of Oyster feast and Marine snow in my pump just before I leave for work while they are still kinda open before the tank light turns on. So far there has been some crazy and interesting growth rapidly tanking place with them. I still need to do my HW on them. But the response from them has been positive :)

Across town lol. My roommates, from whom I sublet a room in a house, are moving in the Fall so I have to as well. I want to move anyway. It's a ####ty house in a ####ty area. The plan is to move in with a friend further downtown in August. Hopefully we can find a little house to rent. I HATE apartments. So not as far as you, but still have to tear down and pack up everyone the same.

Oh gotcha .. yes, a move is a move no matter where it is. Breaking down an establish tank is freaking stressful. I am just pleased that my LR is held by gravity right now and I do not have to worry about breaking them if they do not break down correctly. I have already spoken to my (sudo) mother-in-law about where she is alright and comfortable with me placing the NC in her living room. We have two locations and I think it will work out nicely. She wishes I would post more tank pictures on facebook :happy: I would, but I have a hard enough time keeping up here on nr :P

OMG Nightmare situation! :o

The bin I jumped on was because it was a steal from Office Depot discounted. I can still use it, but I shouldn't place all of my LR in there. Just the ones that have the corals attached that I am not going to pry off. I have a smaller bin I have set aside I can toss all of the snails and hermits in :lol:

The other issue I have to put together is the water. I am going to have to buy several gallons of my ocean water from my LFS that will be transported on the moving truck and ready to instantly dumped in the tank as soon as we arrive in ABQ then I will fuss will mixing water two-three weeks later :unsure:

Wow! So soon! Better to be safe than sorry with the bin. It would be a disaster for it to bust in the middle of the move.

Yeah that would be a doozy :P instead of crashing my tank, I kill everyone in my PT Cruiser driving across country.

True :lol: But I don't want to add more work....yet :lol:

I love grogonians. I need one for my tank badly :P

I'm thinking of placing an order at sealifeinc.net. I want to get a gorg myself and some nano stars. Want to go in on it with me? We can split the shipping cost. They have some very nice gorgonians!!!!! Let me know. We can place the order while you are here on Friday :)

surgicalsense
I'm thinking of placing an order at sealifeinc.net. I want to get a gorg myself and some nano stars. Want to go in on it with me? We can split the shipping cost. They have some very nice gorgonians!!!!! Let me know. We can place the order while you are here on Friday :)

Yes :) .... thank you. It will be my last and only purchase before the tank breakdown -_-

surgicalsense
Awesome! I'm gonna start making my shopping list :)

I will check out the site and pick out the gorg and let you know which one not to waste any time.

I will check out the site and pick out the gorg and let you know which one not to waste any time.

Ok....you know. Maybe if I place the order today, it will be here on Friday!!!!!! That would be perfect for you to pick it up. The gorgs have to ship overnight. Is there anything else you want?

You may want to have enough water on backup for an emergency, I would plan on 1 1/2 times what you need just to be safe. Never know if you will have a small cycle after moving everything.

I am dreading just moving everything to a new tank, I can't imagine 12 hours and then having to set it up again. Worst was 4 hours across the state as we took Alligator alley so A could keep the U-haul on straight roads. Went well, no losses and I had no batter powered anything..... Also was a planted FW tank not a reef tank....

surgicalsense
Awesome! I'm gonna start making my shopping list :)

1. Nano Spiny Orange Sea Rod Gorgonia x1 = $9.50

2. Nano Pencil Urchin x1 = $3.25

3. Porcelain Crab x1 = $8.00

1. Nano Spiny Orange Sea Rod Gorgonia x1 = $9.50

2. Nano Pencil Urchin x1 = $3.25

3. Porcelain Crab x1 = $8.00

Ok...I'll make the order today. Hopefully it will be here Friday :)

ScubaEthan
Oh gotcha .. yes, a move is a move no matter where it is. Breaking down an establish tank is freaking stressful. I am just pleased that my LR is held by gravity right now and I do not have to worry about breaking them if they do not break down correctly. I have already spoken to my (sudo) mother-in-law about where she is alright and comfortable with me placing the NC in her living room. We have two locations and I think it will work out nicely. She wishes I would post more tank pictures on facebook :happy: I would, but I have a hard enough time keeping up here on nr :P

So... are you moving into your (sudo) mother-in-law's house too? Almost nothing in my tank is permanently attached. I've carefully placed stuff so far with this move in mind. Another reason why I still have a frag rack. It shouldn't be too hard to set it back up :)

I'm excited for you to get a gorgonian! I want one too.

surgicalsense
Ok...I'll make the order today. Hopefully it will be here Friday :)

Then let me know the shipping breakdown. I will render payment to you :) and bring some of the red macro.

surgicalsense
So... are you moving into your (sudo) mother-in-law's house too? Almost nothing in my tank is permanently attached. I've carefully placed stuff so far with this move in mind. Another reason why I still have a frag rack. It shouldn't be too hard to set it back up :)

I'm excited for you to get a gorgonian! I want one too.

Yeah the tank should be fine, I will do my best to place it back the way it was fingerscrossed maybe I will take pictures of the layers as I take it apart.

Yes, will be living their rent free for a long while which will be nice. Or if my bf makes note he can not stand his mother anymore and wants to move out, so whichever comes first.

I had found one at the beach, but just as Felicia advised me it wasn't going to make it :unsure: it died.

Then let me know the shipping breakdown. I will render payment to you :) and bring some of the red macro.

I will. I'm building the shopping cart right now :)

surgicalsense
I will. I'm building the shopping cart right now :)

Sweet, thank you for asking me :D to shop. I wanted to buy rics.

surgicalsense
No problem. So just those 3 items then????? I want to make sure before I checkout.

Yes .... only the three.

I have one of the purple gorgs and yellow sea whip from Sea Life. I tried to feed them but they really don't take food. Mine have thrived with good light and flow. I have talked to others that haven't had luck with them, and I believe people have trouble with them from having "too clean" of a tank.

Also red brittle stars are awesome :) Mine was out today when I fed the tank and she is 7" arm to arm! I can't believe how much she has grown.

Archived