Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

I'm moving out with you guys so I can get in on nice frags and magical macros! :lol: I love the new colony! Can't wait to see pics of it all happy. :happy:

Well....I'm moving out by Randi and Morgan :lol: I'm fed up with this cold water/coast business. If only I could get my husband to make the move. He hates Florida :( I would move around Miami if I could. At least to see what it's like for a few years. It's not like we'd have to stay there forever ;)

Don't they feed at night? You have to train it to open during the day. Dust it with food during the day and I bet it opens for you while the lights are on. ;)

+1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have like 4-5 really AWESOME ones not ore then 20 minutes from me.

Florida is my home for now, I plan on moving eventually but for now I am okay here. ;)

Jacob042426
Well....I'm moving out by Randi and Morgan :lol: I'm fed up with this cold water/coast business. If only I could get my husband to make the move. He hates Florida :( I would move around Miami if I could. At least to see what it's like for a few years. It's not like we'd have to stay there forever ;)

i saw morgan's tanks yesterday. :)

surgicalsense
Don't they feed at night? You have to train it to open during the day. Dust it with food during the day and I bet it opens for you while the lights are on. ;)

I have to do my hw with their feeding habits :huh: I have to soon.

that is a nice sized dendro!! i saw a 6" sun coral colony yesterday at my lfs for $45.

i would have gotten it but my tank is too small. :(

That is a great price for a colony that big. Well keep your eyes peeled, maybe you will come across one that is smaller and for a even better price.

Happy Monday! I somehow missed the dendro addition. :( Those sure are purdy. I plan on getting some of those eventually after I get more light loving corals. Then I'll put those guys in the shadows.

I want to move to Florida!

Alright, here's the plan. We find the best, nicest salt water shop and move as close as we can to it! ;)
I have like 4-5 really AWESOME ones not ore then 20 minutes from me.
I want to move to Florida!

Sounds like an awesome plan. Are you in, Danielle? :happy:

i saw morgan's tanks yesterday. :)

Jealous!!!!!

How's the dendro today????? I was going to go to SnT but A is staying home today with a low-grade fever. They had their state testing last week and A.'s friend came into school with a fever, just for the testing, and then left again. He sits behind him and was sneezing. I think we know how A. got his fever :mellow:

I'll probably still run out there this afternoon.

surgicalsense
Sounds like an awesome plan. Are you in, Danielle? :happy:

How's the dendro today????? I was going to go to SnT but A is staying home today with a low-grade fever. They had their state testing last week and A.'s friend came into school with a fever, just for the testing, and then left again. He sits behind him and was sneezing. I think we know how A. got his fever :mellow:

I'll probably still run out there this afternoon.

Just signed on .... yes, from the kootie kid behind him :P ick, ack.

The male fancy has been courting the female. But, I am worried about the bumble bee goby. He is a tricky eater. Target feeds :angry: so I will have to see what I can do.

You will dig the dendra there ;)

surgicalsense
Happy Monday! I somehow missed the dendro addition. :( Those sure are purdy. I plan on getting some of those eventually after I get more light loving corals. Then I'll put those guys in the shadows.

Dendra action :P

I'll definitely check it out when I go. Not sure if I will pick one up though. It would look nice in a macro dominated tank though. I'm removing the rack in my frag tank to be able to grow macros. It will give them more vertical space without the rack in there. It will still be my frag tank, but no rack.

surgicalsense
I'll definitely check it out when I go. Not sure if I will pick one up though. It would look nice in a macro dominated tank though. I'm removing the rack in my frag tank to be able to grow macros. It will give them more vertical space without the rack in there. It will still be my frag tank, but no rack.

I dropped a teaspoon of Oyster feast in the pump chamber this morning while the tank was dark for the dendra and I was running out the door. It opened to eat. I just need to basically train it now, but will focus on making it happy.

Did you see the current picture of the pistol shrimp and its size compared to the goby :huh: It is just about as big as the Watchman. Wowza. :P

Oh I forgot to mention I got stung by my frogspawn Saturday late afternoon. It was a good one too. My finger perfectly hit the tip of the tentcale, near my mid knuckle. I wasn't paying attention obviously and I was fussing with that green macro trying to get it to sit correctly in the very top rock work.

I have a nice tiny cut :( it stung for the first 36 hours. Better now.

Your pistol shrimp is awesome! I wish I would have gotten the tiger instead of the candy came but I still like mine. I think after working with all the corals at nems at the fish store I have become immune to stings. The only coral that still gets me every now and then are the long tentacle nems.

Ouch!!!! I always have reactions when I touch coral. No marks, but I get a tingling/numbing sensation. It's freaky!

Even when I touch Rics my fingers do that! I hate it I try to not touch them as much as possible but man when those damn hermits (they are going to get banished to the FUGE when it's made.) knock things over I have to.

surgicalsense

It also seemed no matter where I would place the duncan, the pistol would go over to it and tip it :lol: The duncan really likes the sand bed and but, it has been a real pain with that happening.

Ducan tipping :lol:

It also seemed no matter where I would place the duncan, the pistol would go over to it and tip it :lol: The duncan really likes the sand bed and but, it has been a real pain with that happening.

Ducan tipping :lol:

HAHA

Goby: what do you do for fun on the weeknights!

Pistol: I go duncan tipping you?

:lol:

Duncan tipping. haha. Has it opened up 100% yet? Sorry I've been so MIA. Have I missed anything else? When do you move? Your YWG is so cute :happy:

surgicalsense
Duncan tipping. haha. Has it opened up 100% yet? Sorry I've been so MIA. Have I missed anything else? When do you move? Your YWG is so cute :happy:

Duncan I have had for almost the year now, the Dendra is the new addition. Only has opened 80%, I have to get it to adjust to the lighting and feeding with my tank.

Move is now 90 days away omgomgomg

Duncan I have had for almost the year now, the Dendra is the new addition. Only has opened 80%, I have to get it to adjust to the lighting and feeding with my tank.

Move is now 90 days away omgomgomg

That's what I meant :slap:

omgomgomg If my tentative plans work out, I'll be moving in 3.5 months!

OMG an octopus eating a bird?! Crazy. I love them even more now.

I went to SnT. Saw all the dendros but didn't buy any. I don't want to commit to having to feed something like that yet. They sure are pretty though!!!!!!

I did buy one more of those maxis. I got the green one. I thought about getting the other to see what it would color up to. I'll probably get it next time if it's still there.

surgicalsense
I went to SnT. Saw all the dendros but didn't buy any. I don't want to commit to having to feed something like that yet. They sure are pretty though!!!!!!

I did buy one more of those maxis. I got the green one. I thought about getting the other to see what it would color up to. I'll probably get it next time if it's still there.

You could probably nurse it back to health and reflip it $$ ... Did you see the blood red feather star? That thing was so pretty and crazy looking.

.. this time I gave a quick spot of marine snow to feed the dendra this morning. Then Wednesday I will do my big routine tank feeding and see if it opens to grab some mysis.

Archived