Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

well good you solved your problem!

can you give me a link to this magic eraser? i have a mark on one of my old nano cubes that won't come off.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well good you solved your problem!

can you give me a link to this magic eraser? i have a mark on one of my old nano cubes that won't come off.

It's the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You can get it in the cleaning section of any Walmart, Target, ETC....

Don't throw it away either! They last a while! Those things are amazing!

Glad you got it off the tank Kat!

New FTS? LOL

The pressure would have gotten to me too, Lesson learned, cover entire tank in newspaper and painter's tape before spray painting! ;)

It's the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You can get it in the cleaning section of any Walmart, Target, ETC....

And they really are magic! I'm not surprised it worked. New tank shot, pretty please? :D

What! I can't have blue? :rolleyes:

It's Indigo satin if you must know.

Coral are pissed off ATM, temp is at almost 77 (my room is pretty cold)

The lid does not fit perfectly flat when the filter and light are on. Anyone else have this issue?

So we can see a few things from the FTS

1. It's a bare bottom pico

2. It's not pink

Not sure why there are 2 rocks, I've planned for one. When everyone has started a thread I will reveal more of the plan.

Thanks for following :wub:

Only ONE dwarf cerith? C'mon, this tank needs at least 20, they're very small.

I just so happen to have some dwarves for this tank . . . .

yes put another 2 dwarf ceriths in there, and watch them grow in numbers.

blue or indigo satin looks fine. i just expected pink lol.

All these deco tanks inspired me to think about setting something new up. I was thinking of continuing my idea with the sunlit cube i once had, and keeping various sorts of asterina stars in there...

I don't know about what tank I'll eventually go with (i'm not getting a real tank for this concept until i move out) but so far i setup a small cube shaped container on top of my 10 gal nano (so that it can be lit by the 70W MH). i threw in about 3 regular gray asterinas in there, put in a small rock, some chaeto and some GSP for now. I have at least two colors of asterina right now, but i couldn't find my orange spotted ones today. hopefully they're still around...

planning on doing daily 100% water changes - just mixing the water back into my 10 gal and then taking some out to replace, nothing too complicated. that should keep salinity constant.

I wonder how far i'll get with this, and whether it will last until I have my chance to setup a real tank for them. I was thinking an IQ3...

Asterinas come in more than just white?

And yes to more dwarf ceriths for mine.

They can have all sorts of awesome colors. i bet there are jet black ones somewhere too...

I'll try to find pics of at least three different patterns that i know of :)

Deleted User 6
Coral are pissed off ATM, temp is at almost 77 (my room is pretty cold)

77 is fine for corals. it's changing temps that bother them. keeping it steady at 77 is better than having it always fluctuate between 78-82.

starfish-asterina.jpg

star.jpg

14bc85a9c5f5b5.jpg

2763085602_a6bdf4aa62.jpg

Asterina%20phylactica.jpg

The ones I have:

DSCN30001.jpg

The ones enigma70x7 has:

6188901434_d3de288967_b.jpg

looks like i found a lot more than three types lol.

to be honest i really would want to get a few of those from enigma70x7

you just have to get lucky and get them as HH, they are not sold anywhere, probably because nobody actually takes the time to multiply them enough to sell. you can ask around at different LFS and try to find them in other hobbyist's tanks because sometimes they are raised as food for Bongo and Harlequin shrimp.

Some are considered a pest, and will eat corals like SPS and zoas. asterinas don't touch palythoa in my experience. Asterinas in general graze on algae and other deposits on rocks, sand and glass. they might eat coralline too. w/e they do eat, they eat so little that you never really notice until you have a massive population of them (by which time they are eating everything in your tank lol)

After a year or so, i also started to consider them a pest, but now seeing so much variation, and seeing that nobody really likes them, inspires me to setup a pico just for them lol.

They are also extremely hardy animals in an established tank.

Kat, if you find a way to get crazy colored little stars like that, let me know. I'd totally look to drop some into my mangrove tank... where maybe I'll even get to see em. Haha.

@newman thanks for the star info, they look amazing.

@D I recaped, now I have 3 rocks. Put in an ugly heater, temp is at 78.5 constant almost. still working on it, maybe I'll put back that tonga branch, it's in my BC14 ATM, seeding.

@KG oky

BTW: better than magic eraser is this solvent I found at hondy pondy last night (that's home depot)

Motsenbockers Lift Off #4

Archived