inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's BB (the skeleton) and the Anthelias? Or did they go in the big tank?

This FTS was taken on 11/18.

More like where is the high res? ;)

That is hi res, only smaller.

LOL get TS to take the pic!

he's gone. sniff. he's with his kids for the holidays. he left me a bunch of presents though, I'm updating the TS thread.

:wub: TS makes for a good show. We just got off the phone and he asked after "twiddle Dee and Twiddle dum" (the clown fish). :rolleyes:

Thanks Newman, the tank and contents are kind of blah for me so far, but I'm waiting till after the frag swap to clean it up.

Livestock

Kenya Tree

Unknown Paly

Hidden Cup Corals

Clams

Spaghetti Worm

Bristle Worm

3 baby aiptasia (I know they have to go)

Sexy Shrimp (Bubba)

Variety frag of 2 kinds of zoas and a paly

Red Titan Macro

Ulva Macro

Mangrove sprouts

Red Flame Algae

Anthelias

GSP

Halemenia

Unknown Green Macro from John Maloney

Unknown Red macro hitchhiker on live rock

5 dwarf ceriths

3 Asternia stars

2 baby snails of some sort

keep the aiptasia, it will set you apart from all the other picos. DOH! move happy over there, as i assume the new ones are not the banded variety.

EDIT: i got an asterina free from my LFS tonight. i now love black friday.

Just saw this, pretty cool , i am afraid of pico's and water chemistry involved with such low volume, maintenance might be really painful. Hats off to you though !

BTW that heater looks really big for that tank and might be taking up alot of space get a Hydo mini, its a strimp and could go beneath the rock work.

Asterina Star Sighting, it got much bigger!

IMG_20111127_161539.jpg

Just saw this, pretty cool , i am afraid of pico's and water chemistry involved with such low volume, maintenance might be really painful. Hats off to you though !

BTW that heater looks really big for that tank and might be taking up alot of space get a Hydo mini, its a strimp and could go beneath the rock work.

Yes, it's in the plan, this ugly heater will go in my frag tank.

Pretty sweet. That Kenya looks boss too. One of my favorite corals.

Thanks! It's the boss for now. I've got some anthelias, gsp also in the tank, also hope to add some xenia very soon thanks to Chilled_fire. So this pico has everything that likes to grow like weeds. :P

Update: I did an Emeril sized BAM with piping hot water in a syringe. Aiptasia be gone!

Immediately, the coralline surrounding the site of the BAM went orange so that probably died.

And a little while later, Bubba the sexy shrimp was picking at the spot. So hopefully that means BAM worked. Only time will tell.

Never liked Emeril, but I did say BAM.

Yay! He's for the BC though. I'm going to put dingbat in here if they fight.

Also, Thu/Friday this week after I'm back from LA, I'm setting up the frag tank to catch the black pistol shrimp. Maybe he will have to go in the pico too, not sure yet if it is a good idea.

Archived