inTank Media Baskets

Tinkering (leds installed! with pics)

tinkerer

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, a great day today. a gracious benefactor donated several frags and a macro piece today. all was temp acclimated and are now making themselves at home. this afternoon i got a chance to see the goby poke his head back out of the new home and take his guard spot up for a bit. and just now i saw a flash of the pistol moving around inside the new fortress he is building.

pics. and yes, i had a diatom bloom back a bit and the CUC is workin on it. better pic tomorrow if they turn out...

xeniatree.jpg

polyp.jpg

GSP.jpg

frogtorch.jpg

Good pics...looking forward to more!

I'm curious about the brilliant green on some of the rocks...it's such a contrast from a few of the other rocks. Live vs. dry rock?

Happy to hear that your goby is fine. :)

-Gravy

the bright green started out as dry rock and consensus is that the green is coraline forming. it will change over to purple and red as mine has started to do in spots. all the LR i had seems to be fairly subdued except for the pink rock i have on the left, that thing is crazy to see up close. the coraline on it is plating over itself.

the bright green started out as dry rock and consensus is that the green is coraline forming. it will change over to purple and red as mine has started to do in spots. all the LR i had seems to be fairly subdued except for the pink rock i have on the left, that thing is crazy to see up close. the coraline on it is plating over itself.

Mine was the same. Started out green, now most of it is brown, and in some places I'm getting purple. Fun to watch the changes!

naw, mine is good ol film. i know i should get a digi slr but right now cash is going towards the tank. i get good stuff with the outdoor pics and this was my first run with the slr on the tank.

really? that is cool. I used to develop b/w photos as a hobby some time back, used to run a photography club, fun times. i think I even had a class on tungsten lighting, can't find those pics, those were awesome.

i love using the thing, just lighting and all has to be right. outdoors is okay if you can get nature to cooperate. some of my stuff... EDIT: all natural lighting.

fall2.jpg

fall1great.jpg

fall3.jpg

rocks.jpg

tidepools2.jpg

Hell yeah! I have seen the goby posted at the new home entrance the last day or two and tonight I dropped some shrimp bits into the tank and the pistol popped out. Wwwweeeeeeeeee!

Hell yeah! I have seen the goby posted at the new home entrance the last day or two and tonight I dropped some shrimp bits into the tank and the pistol popped out. Wwwweeeeeeeeee!

Glad to hear they're both safe and sound.

Nice waterfall & shoreline pics above. Where were those taken?

-Gravy

my LFS guy found a pair of mocha clowns from one of his peeps. so after an hour or so of drip they are good to go. i sequestered them for a bit from the sixline and watched how they all reacted. got them all in now and all is peaceful. the sixline seems more interested in dancing for food than bothering with the mochas. pics should follow at some point tonight or tomorrow.

my LFS guy found a pair of mocha clowns from one of his peeps. so after an hour or so of drip they are good to go. i sequestered them for a bit from the sixline and watched how they all reacted. got them all in now and all is peaceful. the sixline seems more interested in dancing for food than bothering with the mochas. pics should follow at some point tonight or tomorrow.

Sweet! My six-line doesn't bother anyone! My YWG is the most aggressive actually.

fed the fish tonight and both clowns went for the pellets. i think it is good that the sixline now has some competition for food, and the female clown is just a hair bigger than the sixline. glad to see them take to eating so easily and pellets of all things.

NEW FTS!!! with the mocha clowns and all the new corals.

EDIT: and my first cool macro on the toothpick. forgot the name, need cberglof to help out here.

FTS15jan12.jpg

Looks like everything is doing well! That is flame algae. Looks cool under the right light. The piece I put in my fuge is really growing fast but not as much color as the pieces I have in my display. When the piece in my fuge gets to the size I want I am going to move it and hopefully it will color up. I read that it grows faster when it is in stronger flow.

the kenya that was free of a plug has taken root in a small hole i stuck it in and is growing well. the xenia on the small shell is growing onto the larger shell. i got the frogspawn to eat a small piece of shrimp tonight. the brown polyps are pushing out a new piece to grow a new head and the yellow polyps are going crazy. i am like a kid in a candy store. i picked up a ric today that i found on the TCMAS site, it is about to split into two heads. i gave the guy some of the ever growing chaeto and he gave me an almost double even though i only paid him for a single. so i owe you one more. it is hard to tell in the pic but the macro looks thick and healthy and i can't wait for it to grow out. damn wrasse ate so much shrimp tonight as i was feeding the pistol/goby and the corals that his belly got fat, the wrasse is a pig. the clowns even got in on the action. it was hard to find a local source for the mochas, but discovery aquatics came through for me in the end. the pair is perfect and the color on them is great. the female tries to host some of the hair algae on the back wall from time to time. god i love this!

COOL SCAPE !!!

advice - be patient pllllllllzzzzzzzzzzz dont add anything for 21 days n in that time do 3 water changes of 10-20%. discipline is key - n also having a correct salinty measure is a good thing - not that u dont but mine got clogged with salt or something n for a year i ran my tank at 1.30 n couldnt work out why things werent going well :)

Archived