Top Shelf Aquatics

Pico Tank and Setup @ Walmart.com

gupebreedr

If there's a contest and you see that you're not winning, will you break in at night and sneak majanos into the other members' tanks? ;)

haha, hopefully they come out of your rocks and wage war in the nighhhht!!

Stopped by a fish store near my work yesterday. The guy is gonna spare the lives of the majanos that come in on the next coral shipment. Im getting impatient hehee

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's probably in our best interest for us to stay good friends with you. ;)

If I was doing a majano tank, I think I'd look for people who had small majano-infested rocks they needed to get rid of. If there's a reef club near you, there's certainly someone in it who has a majano problem.

I think it's probably in our best interest for us to stay good friends with you. ;)

If I was doing a majano tank, I think I'd look for people who had small majano-infested rocks they needed to get rid of. If there's a reef club near you, there's certainly someone in it who has a majano problem.

I changed the name of my pico to the Majano Warrior Pico!!

When I went into the store yesterday the guy said 2-3 days ago he destroyed 5-6 of them... :(

Has anyone found a thermostat controlled submersible heater that will fit in one of these?

I was thinking I could shove a 25 watt along the back wall.

I'm going to put mine on top of a petmate heater.

Ordered mine yesterday. Looking forward to it. Realized I have a piece of liverock in my 20 Long that would be a perfect center piece for this one... On that topic... I haven't even made my 20 Long build thread yet. :huh: Ill have to do that at the end of the week when my heatsink gets here.

Ordered mine yesterday. Looking forward to it. Realized I have a piece of liverock in my 20 Long that would be a perfect center piece for this one... On that topic... I haven't even made my 20 Long build thread yet. :huh: Ill have to do that at the end of the week when my heatsink gets here.

:welcome: And yet ANOTHER Walmart pico owner. WTG!!!!! Are you going to be joining our contest?????

I'm not sure, heh. Wouldnt mind, but i doubt mines going to be anything of note. :P

On a side note, told a coworker about it, and he was sad that they were sold out. He may be getting the 3 Gallon Sea Star kit from Mike at Micro-Reef. Not contest worthy, but thought I'd mention he may be joining the Pico club with me. Hehe. :P

I'm not sure, heh. Wouldnt mind, but i doubt mines going to be anything of note. :P

Hey, you just never know. This is going to be a learning experience for many of us. This is my first pico tank and I'm sure I'll have a lot to learn. We have a good group here and I'm sure we will all be around for help and guidance, and maybe to cry on another members shoulder. LOL So come on, join the fun......

Got mine in today! Water going in tomorrow!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Woo hoo, So Jimbo are you going to join us in the contest???????

Emailed Big Al's which also has them (for $50) and send them some links to the contest asking if they'd be willing to price match with Walmart and keep the contest going but they said they don't price match items that are sold out but he said he would pass the word along to see if they can put them on sale! More emails would help, email and express your interest!

Mine showed up today - thinking of joining the contest!

:welcome:

Hey another Floridian and we are neighbors, well almost. Tampa here. Glad you got your kit and we'll be waiting for updates and pics.

Rob

I would join the contest...but everytime I see Woog's avatar I end up drooling and stare at it for hours. I think its a secret weapon! to ensure that the contest is Woog's for the taking!

what!! thats not...you? Ffffuuuuu..... now all my dreams have come crashing down around me.

guess its time to rent a gun and buy a bullet.

just put my together and put the water in it. Painted the back black and got a bit on the front. Oops.

Way to go, :P Pictures and updates please.

A Hydor Theo 25 watt might work. I believe it's 7 inches long but will really stick out like a sore thumb in our small tank. I'm still on a quest to find something that can be hidden. I'll post if and when I find something.

Rob

My tank and Theo arrived a couple of days ago. The Theo will not fit in the tank vertically if the lid is on and unmodified. It will fit at an angle or horizontally. HTH

My tank and Theo arrived a couple of days ago. The Theo will not fit in the tank vertically if the lid is on and unmodified. It will fit at an angle or horizontally. HTH

Thanks for the response. Glad you received your tank. Be sure to post pics when you have it set up. The Theo is submersible right, you could lay horizontally across the back and then hide it behind your live rock. I've not tried it but it should work but make sure you can remove it to regulate the temp.

Rob

Thanks for the response. Glad you received your tank. Be sure to post pics when you have it set up. The Theo is submersible right, you could lay horizontally across the back and then hide it behind your live rock. I've not tried it but it should work but make sure you can remove it to regulate the temp.

Rob

No problem. It is submersible. The smallest is the 25w which is rated for tanks 2-7 Gallons. The cable and end caps are black plastic but the part behind the glass tube has graphics on it. If you have painted the back wall of the tank black and use a little live rock in strategic places, I think it will blend in ok. I am a little concerned by a previous poster's comments that the temperature is not controlled that closely, especially as this pico is at the bottom end of the volume range specified for this heater. I'll try to get mine set up later this week but I have to run off to the airport now for a work trip. If I get set up this week, I'll try to post some pics (time permitting!).

Archived