Top Shelf Aquatics

Pico Tank and Setup @ Walmart.com

gupebreedr

Pico/Nano Tank Kit @ Walmart.com

Okay, I was browsing around Walmart.com and I found this nano/pico tank setup kit. I'm sure it's the same as "Tom Deco Kit 2 Gallon Acrylic Nano Tank", at least it has the same specs but branded under a different name.. If your looking for an inexpensive setup this may be a great way to start or add another if your are already a reefer. Hey and the best part is it's on clearance for $30.00. :bling::happydance:omgomgomg I ordered mine this morning, paid $2.99 for delivery and with tax and the total came to $35.07. How can you beat that?????

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Pico/Nano Tank Kit @ Walmart.com

Okay, I was browsing around Walmart.com and I found this nano/pico tank setup kit. I'm sure it's the same as "Tom Deco Kit 2 Gallon Acrylic Nano Tank", at least it has the same specs but branded under a different name.. If your looking for an inexpensive setup this may be a great way to start or add another if your are already a reefer. Hey and the best part is it's on clearance for $30.00. :bling::happydance:omgomgomg I ordered mine this morning, paid $2.99 for delivery and with tax and the total came to $35.07. How can you beat that?????

That is a great find, and I can't wait to see it setup. I was checking out the aquariums at Walmart the other day but most of them are made for Betta's and are of cheap plastic material, not even close to real acrylic.

Your Hawkeye Deco Kit 2 Gallon will be of acrylic and not cheap plastic, because I've opened one up and examined it before. Good find...

That is a great find, and I can't wait to see it setup. I was checking out the aquariums at Walmart the other day but most of them are made for Betta's and are of cheap plastic material, not even close to real acrylic.

Your Hawkeye Deco Kit 2 Gallon will be of acrylic and not cheap plastic, because I've opened one up and examined it before. Good find...

Mike,

Thanks!!! I'm not all that sure I'll set it up as a reef but thought about using more as a isolation tank but one never knows, it might evolve into some thing more. hehehe. Was kinda thinking it would be nice to have a little somethin' on the nightstand. I can just see it now, a thread called "The Walmart Reef". :lol:

For the price though you can't beat it. Heck if you just bought it for the light it would almost be worth it. That perch light alone sells for about $26.00, and the filter goes for right around ten bucks, right???? So when all is said and done, it's almost like getting the acrylic tank for nothing...

Im pretty sure the tank is not included in the kit, in the "whats included" list there is no mention of the acrylic tank

+1,Deco kit for a 2 gallon.

Im pretty sure the tank is not included in the kit, in the "whats included" list there is no mention of the acrylic tank

+1,Deco kit for a 2 gallon.

it's the deco kit fo' the 2 gallon :lol:

LOL. It helps to read.

There is a customer question at the bottom asking if this comes with the actual aquarium, and two people say yes.

So yeah, it does help to read lol.

Scared the crap out of me since I just ordered mine earlier :P

If it didn't come with the tank I suppose you could return it for lack of the air pump in the contents description. lol.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It comes with the tank, and it's better than plastic but not as pristine as the acrylic tanks I've worked with. Having said that you cannot beat that price.

This tank would be killer as a holding tank, frags etc.

I can imagine you can set up basic critters and still have everything under $100 bucks for the frugal reefer in you, we all need a break with this economy being what it is...

This is a killer deal for the price, but don't expect the tank to be of great quality, it's better than plastic just below true acrylic, awesome awesome price....

Nuff said....

Scared the crap out of me since I just ordered mine earlier :P

MGD,

I ordered mine as well. Keep us posted as to when you get it and what your plans are for it as well as any others that may have ordered this pico setup. I'd be curious as to how everyone uses or sets theirs up. fingerscrossed

MGD,

I ordered mine as well. Keep us posted as to when you get it and what your plans are for it as well as any others that may have ordered this pico setup. I'd be curious as to how everyone uses or sets theirs up. fingerscrossed

I may replace my Fluval Spec with this and just put a HOB on the side of it. The spec drives me nuts, it has too many shortcomings.

Wow. Great find. Mucho Thanks. I'm going to use it as a backup tank, maybe a quarantine tank in the future.

Now, can you find me a similar deal on Heater + ATO + FAN + RKL? :)

Woo hoo!!! My Walmart pico tank arrived today and surprise, surprise, it's actually the Tom kit. It indeed does have the acrylic tank, filter and perch light. Great little setup for $30.00 !!!! :happydance::happydance:

Okay, finally had a chance to unpack my little Walmart pico tank. As I reported yesterday, it is the Tom kit. Here's a few pic's of it.

I'll be setting it sometime next week. I still think it's a good buy at Walmart.com. all for $30.00...

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN07082.jpg

DSCN07092.jpg

DSCN07102.jpg

Did anyone else that ordered the same setup receive theirs yet??????

Archived