ReefCleaners.org

Pablo's Cave inspired Mixed Reef

pablom617

Love the tank! Jealous!

Great aquascape and good husbandry!

My first thought on a tank was a 20L but didn't do it for some reason, maybe just scared of lighting it but now that I know more I might go back to that idea of doing one!

What would you have done differently with yours?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the tank! Jealous!

Great aquascape and good husbandry!

My first thought on a tank was a 20L but didn't do it for some reason, maybe just scared of lighting it but now that I know more I might go back to that idea of doing one!

What would you have done differently with yours?

Thank you :)

If I could go back I would have done a rimless ADA. I also love my koralias but I would have probably would have done a MP10.

Great new additions! Those lights are insane!

Thanks, yeah I really like them.

That Wellsophyllia is sooooooo nice! :D

Thank you!

If I could go back I would have done a rimless ADA. I also love my koralias but I would have probably would have done a MP10.

Never too late...

yea that welso is freakin awesome!

Thanks! It is a monster, about the size of a softball.

Never too late...

Lol, you are right. Never too late but it is too early ;)

gotcha!

I'm a little frustrated with my JBJ... as you know....

I have been talking it over with the wife, looking at possibly switching things up.

SouthFlorida_Tron
gotcha!

I'm a little frustrated with my JBJ... as you know....

I have been talking it over with the wife, looking at possibly switching things up.

That didn't take as long as me!

So my Foxface likes the taste of Bloodshots... of all the frags omgomgomg

Luckily I saw it happen... just moved the frag and fed the foxface.. Everyone is happy now ;)

Well... I spoke to BocaIvan and he said on his monitor is look a little reddish (the non green part of the flesh). On my computer (Macbook Pro) it is dead on, but I have check my pics on windows machines and they look a little more washed out. The best way to describe the flesh color is a Rusty tan (when it is expanded). The green is dead on... should be almost exactly like the color of the Frogspawn. What does it look like to you?

Well... I spoke to BocaIvan and he said on his monitor is look a little reddish (the non green part of the flesh). On my computer (Macbook Pro) it is dead on, but I have check my pics on windows machines and they look a little more washed out. The best way to describe the flesh color is a Rusty tan (when it is expanded). The green is dead on... should be almost exactly like the color of the Frogspawn. What does it look like to you?

It looks freaking radioactive :lol: it's looks mainly red with some yellow/tan. I'm on an iPhone 4s so I bet it's similar. If it looks how I see it, you have one of the best corals I've seen IMO. Up there with scoly's. B)

Nice scape! I just started my 20L last month and I want to steal your scape idea

Thank you!!! Steal it and make it better. Nothing would make me more happy :)

It looks freaking radioactive :lol: it's looks mainly red with some yellow/tan. I'm on an iPhone 4s so I bet it's similar. If it looks how I see it, you have one of the best corals I've seen IMO. Up there with scoly's. B)

Only one way to solve this.... come check it out in person :)

In all seriousness though the Leds make everything pop even more....

I wish I could just hop down to Florida :lol:

LEDs are such a great choice for lighting. After just 2 weeks my coral look 1,000x better. Which isn't a dig at T5 because my coral looked great before.

I agree... I had 96 watts of T5 on 12 inches deep of tank, lets just say it wasn't dim.

I know what you mean about the coral looking better though and the actinics (cree royal blue) can not be compared to.

Hey in all seriousness If you are in S. Florida anytime let me know. We will throw back a couple beers and you can tell me all about setting up a successful cichlid tank. The wife already approved me for a 6 foot cichlid tank in the next house :happydance: I want a Malawi similar to this look

804_Malawi_Peacock_Cichlid_Tank_1.jpg

Cree RB's are the ####. First time I turned them on I couldn't believe the color.

Hell yeah, I'm always down to drink beer and talk about fish. When my buddy (grandmasterbakka) and I hang out we usually hit the LFS, come back, play some pool, drink a little, and just have a good time. If we buy something we usually split the price and frag it at my house. B)

Best things you can do for a Malawi set up are: pool filter sand for substrate ($10 for 50lb), limestone rocks to keep ph up (I just used base rock as you can see), and water changes! Put the tank near a water source and drain because 50-75% weekly isn't unheard of. Then if you want to keep tropheus which are semi delicate, 100% changes (two 50% changes back to back) are common. I only change 25% because I have to carry water up and down my basement stairs. The best part is you don't need RO/DI because 20-40ppm nitrate is considered good water. :lol: you do all that and you're golden.

So the Foxface had to go back, turns out he had a taste for coral :(

I'm going to miss him but it is better for both of us, hopefully he gets a nice big home to swim around.

I picked up a beautiful ORA Occ. Clown and the male in my tank seems to be in love. Only time will tell. I also got a Royal gramma... this one is extremely pretty and has the deep purple of a Bicolor Pseudochromis. Hopefully he comes out and doesn't hang out in the rocks all day fingerscrossed

I also got a new lens for the SLR 35mm f1.8, from everything I have read this glass is one of the sharpest Nikon makes. I hope to get some really nice FTS with it.

Archived