ReefCleaners.org

Pablo's Cave inspired Mixed Reef

pablom617

No I get the fish from the LFS. Drip acclimate them to my QT tank, then monitor them for a few days. If they show signs of ich/brook I can treat with Formalin. I use the Methalyne blue if the fish is scratched or show signs of fungal infections. You can also treat with melafix for fungal/bacterial infections.

I dip the fish outside the tank in dip dish then return to QT.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new coral pics! New FTS on the first page!

Some nice green Zoas

20longpics4-5.jpg

Green Candy Cane

20longpics4-4.jpg

Orange Scroll

20longpics4-3.jpg

Red and Green Maxi Mini

20longpics4-2.jpg

Are you referring to LFS by just using their fingers?

... Unfortunately yes.

Post pics of the new stuff!

I will try and take some pics tomorrow... My light is off for tonight, sleepy time for the corals.

Lol, yeah I'm way overdue...

I will get some new pics after I get my leds hung. Man the tank looks a little bit different than the last FTS. I will work on my fan mount tonight and maybe hang the lights tomorrow morning.

Recent changes:

Added AC70 with an inside Aquatic Life skimmer.

Took off the AC50

Bought a 60watt Cree LED fixture

Added a bunch of new coral....

Added TR False Perc Clownfish

Got the Leds hung (thanks for the help BocaIvan) and we are in business. Okay time for some updated pics!

FTS (10-30-11)

reefpics-5.jpg

Rose Bubble tip Anemone

reefpics-5-9.jpg

Hermit

reefpics-5-8.jpg

Bubble tip from top

reefpics-5-7.jpg

ORA Green tip orange birdsnest

reefpics-5-6.jpg

ORA Pink and Green Damicornis

reefpics-5-5.jpg

Frogspawn/Hammer hybrid

reefpics-5-4.jpg

Jason Fox Bloodshots

reefpics-5-2.jpg

Blue ringed people eater

reefpics-5-3.jpg

Sick additions. B)

I wish the reefing community here was better and I could get stuff like that locally. :(

Thanks Joel! It isn't as good as you would think here in S. Fl, but I guess I can't complain. I get some of the more $$ stuff online from other reefers. It is always a risk buying stuff online though :mellow:

BTW I check out your video, awesome man! I suck at video and really appreciate the skill to do a good vid.

Looks hella good, those lights are insane! Everything pops so much more now!

Thanks man! everything seems to like it so far.

Tank looks great dude! Wish I could get my new bulbs now! LOL

You guys are all local huh!? How far from Lake Worth? Sorry just get all excited when I find locals on this forum!

Tank looks great dude! Wish I could get my new bulbs now! LOL

You guys are all local huh!? How far from Lake Worth? Sorry just get all excited when I find locals on this forum!

I'm in the Boca/Delray area and BocaIvan lives about 5 minutes from me. We are about 15-20 minutes from Lake worth.

Thanks Joel! It isn't as good as you would think here in S. Fl, but I guess I can't complain. I get some of the more $$ stuff online from other reefers. It is always a risk buying stuff online though :mellow:

BTW I check out your video, awesome man! I suck at video and really appreciate the skill to do a good vid.

Okay, what I meant was it's better than WV :lol: the only LFS that has SPS has 1 2" birdsnest that's browned out. I like to buy from liveaquaria but it's not practical unless you spend $225.

And thanks man, I saw your comment B) just thought of return the love ha.

Archived