Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pablo's Cave inspired Mixed Reef

pablom617

At first mine was in a low flow low light spot. When I glued it to a piece of rubble I moved it to a medium flow high light spot and seems it seems to like it. I think it's adjusting to the light now because it doesn't look as green as before, but it is extending much more.

Do you feed it anything? I dose PhytoFeast twice a week. I have been told Oysterfeast is better.

I feed Cytopeeze, Mysis and Spectrum pellets. My greedy Cleaner shrimp steals everything though... I get really pissed off at it but I still wouldn't not have it in my tank. The cleaner even steals from my Maxi Mini... i wonder "Doesn't that sting!!"

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess not...

Do you put the food in all at once? I add a little at a time to allow the fish to get it first before it falls on the sand. Like you, my shrimp gets everything that lands on the sand, which isn't much these days.

You should look into either phyto or oyster feast.

Let me know if you'd like some SPS

Nice! Well just got some Monti's Green and Red caps and also a beautiful Orange scroll. I don't think my tank is ready for the really nice stuff yet (like the stuff in your tank).

You know Tron it is funny, I wasn't really a SPS lover before but I think it is growing on me.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice! Well just got some Monti's Green and Red caps and also a beautiful Orange scroll. I don't think my tank is ready for the really nice stuff yet (like the stuff in your tank).

You know Tron it is funny, I wasn't really a SPS lover before but I think it is growing on me.

I understand, I do have low maintenance SPS, I simply am trying to change the scape but I can't cuz I'm overstocked with Frags, so for example, I want to snap off a branch of the bird of paradise & digitata and sell those, and the bright green one that looks like a slimed, that one too, I already have feats of the huge birds nest & that's the easiest. Really, let me know.

Update:

So the tank is doing pretty well all my LPS and Zoa look very happy and my Coraline growth is great. The only problem is the STN Im facing with my Red Montipora Capricornis.. came out of nowhere :(

It may be M.E.N haven't seen any yet. I did a Revive dip yesterday evening..

2011-10-10_06-38-54_38.jpg

That's terrible... How would you have gotten that? Would they just be on that coral or would they be anywhere in the tank?

Did you dip the monti before putting it in your tank when you bought it?

That's terrible... How would you have gotten that? Would they just be on that coral or would they be anywhere in the tank?

Did you dip the monti before putting it in your tank when you bought it?

Yes I dip everything before I add it, I haven't found any Nudis yet. I'm not too sad about it because it is kind of a small frag (a little bigger than a thumbnail), we will see later if any more tissue is affected later today. I made sure to check the frag in the middle of the night and I haven't seen any nudis (this was after the revive dip). I would love to save it but I'm not beating myself up over it.

Could it be adjusting to lighting?

hmm... I was thinking the same thing but there definitely seems to be polyp loss on the top of the frag... very weird.

Went home to check on it and it had declined even more. I decided i would toss the frag rather than risk any issues spreading (not sure if this already happened). The red polyp tissue was just decaying away... very weird. The wasn't any brown goo (usually indicative of rotting) or excessive slime. Maybe I had it too close to my light, the LFS had it growing under EcoRay leds.

:unsure:

I'm starting to think that the issue was with the way the guy fragged it, he just used his finger and pushed the frag off. I guess I will find out soon if my other montis start getting munched on.

I use Revive and Lugols. Revive is nice because it doesn't stress the corals out as much as iodine. Lugols is hard core stuff and you have to be careful with it.

For dips I keep:

Revive

Lugols

Methelyne Blue (fish)

Formalin (fish)

Peroxide

Archived