SaltCritters.com

Pablo's Cave inspired Mixed Reef

pablom617

I'm in the Boca/Delray area and BocaIvan lives about 5 minutes from me. We are about 15-20 minutes from Lake worth.

So cool to know! Good soon here I will be getting some huge zoa colonies, may need to frag some off so I have room for them. LOL

Locals to trade with! No shipping for me please, I like getting things local! ;)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a plan :)

Like I said before the hobby is a lot better when you have others that are into it for the love of it and not the money. BocaIvan and I have helped a lot with each others tanks and it would be great to find others that are into this stuff locally.

I know how the zoas are, I have several colonies I haven't even taken pics of because I have so much in my tank. Keep us updated with what you are doing on your tank :)

I will let you guys both know when I snag them up. Then someone can come and show me how to frag them! LOL

I am terrified that I will kill everything when I do so I want a hands on lesson not the internet tutorials, hands on is the best way to learn! LOL

My LFS uses razors to shave them from the rock, then glues them to a Plug

I know I have read and read on fragging etc, but I am terrified I will kill them. LMAO they are going to be on a huge rock so it's not going to be like taking them off of a plug....

My LFS uses razors to shave them from the rock, then glues them to a Plug

Yup, you use a razor or scapel to frag them. Pretty easy once you have done it a few times. You have to be careful though as their blood can contain palytoxin which can make you very sick if you ingest it.

Yup, you use a razor or scapel to frag them. Pretty easy once you have done it a few times. You have to be careful though as their blood can contain palytoxin which can make you very sick if you ingest it.

Yeah I have gloves and razors, I might experiment on my own a few times and then offer frags for trade/sale here. I will keep you guys updated.

Yeah I have gloves and razors, I might experiment on my own a few times and then offer frags for trade/sale here. I will keep you guys updated.

Add a pair of googles to that setup also. Zoas and Palys can spit when stressed. If at any point you start to taste copper you should probably start heading the ER. :)

I have fragged several so far without any problems though. I would also recommend to glue frags onto small liverock instead of frag plugs....

Add a pair of googles to that setup also. Zoas and Palys can spit when stressed. If at any point you start to taste copper you should probably start heading the ER. :)

I have fragged several so far without any problems though. I would also recommend to glue frags onto small liverock instead of frag plugs....

Yep I have reading glassed I would be using for this as I am getting old and need them to see tiny things! LOL

Thanks for the heads up o these guys I knew about the palytoxin but makes me happier I an less then 1 minute away from the ER.

Been re-watching some fragging vids on you tube, meh doesn't like like rocket science. I bet I will be just fine! LOL

Yep I have reading glassed I would be using for this as I am getting old and need them to see tiny things! LOL

Thanks for the heads up o these guys I knew about the palytoxin but makes me happier I an less then 1 minute away from the ER.

Been re-watching some fragging vids on you tube, meh doesn't like like rocket science. I bet I will be just fine! LOL

Im sure you will be too ;)

Update::

Added a small foxface rabbitfish yesterday, he should be good for about 9-10 months before it is time for an upgrade. He acclimated well and kept looking at the clown like "play with me please"! He is eating Spectrum large pellets like a pig. I plan to supplement his diet with some algae flakes.

Added two new favia colonies, one is Red and green and the other is a crazy Purple and Red combo (never seen it before).

And two days after adding my Rabbitfish no detectable NH3 or NO2. Live rock FTW!

Lol, I will try to take some... Probably won't be until early next week. Going to Key west this weekend. :happydance:

I sense some more coral in being added in the very near future.... :bling:

Now for some pics!

11-8-11 FTS

reefpics-6.jpg

Ric garden is growing

reefpics-6-5.jpg

Red and Green Favia colony

reefpics-6-3.jpg

Welso Brain

reefpics-6-2.jpg

Crazy Violet and Red favia

reefpics-6-6.jpg