Pod Your Reef

Justin's Mini S

Justind823

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedOne

Christmas season burned your funds? You had no one to buy gifts for any you know it.

I doubt that tiger goby is ORA. Probably a chinese knockoff imo.

this tank looks pretty sick!

gonna do a mini s with a par30 too. im still planning out my other equipment options. btw how high is the bulb above the water?

Finally set up the rodi system I had sitting around. SO that means no more going to the LFS to refill :)

That also means I had to buy a salt mix. I ended up going with this new one. Anyone had experience with it yet?

2012-02-03_20-03-03_416.jpg

I started acclimating the tank to it yesterday with a small water change.

Finally set up the rodi system I had sitting around. SO that means no more going to the LFS to refill :)

That also means I had to buy a salt mix. I ended up going with this new one. Anyone had experience with it yet?

[ig]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Justind823/ADA/2012-02-03_20-03-03_416.jpg[/img]

I started acclimating the tank to it yesterday with a small water change.

i have been using it for a months now and love it. other people has said its crap but i have had great luck. my lfs uses it as well and they say it great

The salt seems to be working well. No complaints anyway...

FTS. I still don't have a new camera but I'm working with what I have (phone camera) With a little editing this is the best I can get.

I got rid of that blue mushroom rock. I felt it was taking away from the scape. The mushrooms have already spread around the tank so I won't miss the rock. I got some store credit and with it I got a nice sized birdsnest frag and a 2 polyped paly frag. No picture of those yet!

2012-02-15_17-26-22_268.jpg

I had a very bad experience with that salt, still have 2/3 bucket left. Glad it's working for you and the tank looks nice.

Uh oh... what kind of bad experience?? Haha I just got done doing a water big water change with it.

Thanks for the compliment!

Uh oh... what kind of bad experience?? Haha I just got done doing a water big water change with it.

Thanks for the compliment!

No idea what was wrong, but while using this salt, all my montiporas lost color and had a chalky appearance. I lost a few good pieces before switching salt brand. Also, this salt for me left a brownish clay-like residue after mixing. I like to keep my tank alk. level at 8-9dkh, RSCP mixes at 12-14dkh. One thing I do like about RSCP is the consistency and it mixes fast. Right now, I'm back to using Instant Ocean. My corals liked it before as much as they do now, so I'm sticking with it. Unlikely you will have the same experience.

No idea what was wrong, but while using this salt, all my montiporas lost color and had a chalky appearance. I lost a few good pieces before switching salt brand. Also, this salt for me left a brownish clay-like residue after mixing. I like to keep my tank alk. level at 8-9dkh, RSCP mixes at 12-14dkh. One thing I do like about RSCP is the consistency and it mixes fast. Right now, I'm back to using Instant Ocean. My corals liked it before as much as they do now, so I'm sticking with it. Unlikely you will have the same experience.

Gotcha. Did you acclimate your tank to the new salt? I just wanted to try something new and interesting and this salt seemed to offer a lot.

Gotcha. Did you acclimate your tank to the new salt? I just wanted to try something new and interesting and this salt seemed to offer a lot.

No, I did not. I started the tank with that salt.

Well I had to get rid of my three sexy shrimp yesterday. They had a taste for fuzzy sticks that could not be satisfied with any number of pellet feedings. They will be missed...

I got my store credit from my LFS so I ordered a Pederson's anemone shrimp. I've wanted one of these for awhile so I'm super excited for it to come in.

Archived