Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justin's Mini S

Justind823

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So no progress on the unibody light so far. Sitting in the closet until I have time to work on it.

I will say I've had good growth with the boostled bulb lately.

I did however make a fancy sig for my tank so woohhoooo!

There is something I could show that is going on with my tank but I'd rather wait until its in the tank before I post pictures...

Hint: It's drying right now. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that this little tank made a move across the street two weekends ago. We got a new apt. which was conveniently located on the same street across the way. Super easy move. It went swimmingly!

This tank looking gorgeous man, congrats. :)

Thank you sir!

i wanna seeeeee whats going in the tank!!!!

Soon my friend, very soon...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Justind823
i want an update.

Sorry, I've really been slacking. A lot has changed with this tank! I took the internal filter off and replaced it with an ac70. I like the addition of space but I don't like the flow.

I'm considering either:

A: Diverting the flow with some small pieces of acrylic glued onto water return section (I've seen this done but I've never heard any feedback about it. Anyone had experience with a modification like this?)

B: Cutting down the impeller and adding a small pump to divert the flow (the lowest setting of the ac is about as much flow as the tank can handle.)

So the look of the tank has changed significantly. I'll have to get some pictures up soon. First I need to borrow that darn camera...

Also, I finally ordered the LED's for the unibody heatsink so I can get started on that next weekend! The current job I'm working on doesn't leave me much time at all during the week so it can be tough finding time for tank needs.

Justind823

I ended up putting a deflector on the water return. I figured I could take it off if it didnt work and cut down the impeller instead.

But atm, I'm really liking the flow I'm getting with the deflector! Also, I got my LED's in the mail on Saturday! :happydance:

Justind823

Got the LED's positioned! What do you guys think? It's an even amount of CW and RB plus two OceanCoralWhite's from ledgroupbuy. It's a lot of light for this tank but I'll be able to dim it appropriately.

2012-05-22_22-23-11_738.jpg

Justind823
that looks perfect

YEA!

The only thing sexier is your face.

That was very sweet of you to say. :wub:

Justind823

Ah nothing yet my friend...

Only had time to lay it out really. Plus I need to get a third driver for the "Ocean white" leds so I can dim them separate. I'll make the purchase today!

KeyboardWarrior

Hello mate been following your tank thread from a while now but finally joined the forum just wanted to say wow its stunning keep up the good work B)

Justind823
Hello mate been following your tank thread from a while now but finally joined the forum just wanted to say wow its stunning keep up the good work B)

Hey thanks for that. Much appreciated!

Nice first post! :D

Archived