inTank Media Baskets

Justin's Mini S

Justind823

how do you think two of these would do together in the same tank? It will be a 5 gallon. Tank is looking great btw!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justind823

I remember Wetabix had had two in a 5 gallon. I don't think she had any troubles. I'd say go for it.

Justind823

So I've noticed I can get some pretty decent photos out of my camera phone from time to time. After looking around I actually found that you can get cheapo magnetic lenses for phones...

I bought a macro and fish eye lens for 10 bucks off ebay yesterday just for the hell of it. I figure if they suck, it's just 10 bucks!

KeyboardWarrior

Mate this tank is amazing so colourful cool I've been following your thread for a while now and finally joined the forum just so I could say well done keep up the good work

Justind823
Mate this tank is amazing so colourful cool I've been following your thread for a while now and finally joined the forum just so I could say well done keep up the good work

Awesome, glad you like it! I know I do. I've accumulated many hours of staring at this tanks since I set it up.

Die Antwoord? And just when I forgot about her... Nice tank though, now bring on the shrimp :D

Ha right? Thanks bud

So far I haven't actually witnessed the shrimp eat anything... I've fed the tank a couple times but the shrimp never seems interested. I don't know if it's getting food elsewhere or if on it's way out. I thought it would freak out during feeding time like every other shrimp I've seen but of course I've never had one of these before.

Justind823

I use the droid bionic. That's still the stock camera son!

I got the lenses so cheap off ebay cause they come from china. So it'll be a week or two before I see them at my door.

KeyboardWarrior
Awesome sexy!

It's a nem shrimp not a sexy shrimp :P

I'd be interested to see how you get on with it I added one to my 8 US gallon cube tank with a maxi mini to host and it was great I've since sold the maxi on but I've not been able to catch the b*stard shrimp which try's to host all my corals and have made my purple hammer retract for the last 5 days!

Nice close ups those candy canes look super toxic making me want some now

It's a nem shrimp not a sexy shrimp :P

I'd be interested to see how you get on with it I added one to my 8 US gallon cube tank with a maxi mini to host and it was great I've since sold the maxi on but I've not been able to catch the b*stard shrimp which try's to host all my corals and have made my purple hammer retract for the last 5 days!

Nice close ups those candy canes look super toxic making me want some now

So far he's stayed put on my furry mushroom but I did see him on my ducan's this morning when I left for work. Hopefully he won't end up pissing all the corals off like yours. I'd like him to host my mini mini but I'm not sure If he'd be interested in something so small.

KeyboardWarrior

I'm sire he will find the nem in the end mine used to stay on it even when it shrivelled up at night when I removed the nem he tried to host my mushrooms but you know how they are they sulk at the drop of a hat I just kept turkey bastering him until he gave up and he now spends to whole time trying not to get caught

Might have to start a thread of my own soon

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sire he will find the nem in the end mine used to stay on it even when it shrivelled up at night when I removed the nem he tried to host my mushrooms but you know how they are they sulk at the drop of a hat I just kept turkey bastering him until he gave up and he now spends to whole time trying not to get caught

Might have to start a thread of my own soon

He actually just found the nem yesterday. It's pretty funny to watch since it's about the same size as the shrimp. Looks like he's hugging a big colorful pillow.

I picked up a canon t2i kit the other day so expect some pictures soon folks.

• 3 weeks later...

SOooo

My tank has since, the last update, been through a bit and is currently looking a little crappy...

My mini mini went through the ac70 and the tank fell apart a bit. I ended up loosing both the nem and my birdsnest. I did get the tank back on its feet before I left to go backpacking in Yosemite for 10 days but things got a bit worse while I was away.

Our pet sitter basically didn't do a damn thing for the puppy, cat and fish tank while my sister (on a separate vacation) and I were gone. I came home to the living room floor covered with crap and piss and the dog locked in the crate for what seemed to be a very long time. The tank was very low on water, so much so that the HOB couldn't pick up much water. Surprisingly no coral was lost but I did end up loosing my nem shrimp.

Needless to say, we weren't very happy with her.

So here it is as of today!

IMG_0862.jpg

A bit of a hair algae problem going on as well :closedeyes:

On a higher note, I got a bunch done on the unibody. A few of the led's on the OCWs from Ledgroupbuy aren't working so I ordered new ones and they should be here soon. Obviously still a work in progress...

IMG_0855.jpg

You can see my little fuge light back there on top of the AC70 as well. Just a CW mounted on small heatsink and a half dixi cup!

Loving this tank. Any solution for the AC70 flow problem?

Quick pic for ya

IMG_0873.jpg

I ended up super gluing a piece a plexi on the outlet to divert the flow. I'm liking it so far.

We're most likely moving soon so I'm starting to think I want to drill this puppy. I prefer the ac70 to the internal filter I used to have for the added space but I hate the look of it. The only issue is I want a small overflow that can handle at least 300gph. The best I can find is the nano overflow from glass-holes but I still think that's going to be too big. I'll just have to keep looking around.

Hope you had a great time at Yosemite. :) Tank is looking good. I love the fluorescent green candy cane. I want one for my tank but I don't think I have the PAR to keep the color....

Hope you had a great time at Yosemite. :) Tank is looking good. I love the fluorescent green candy cane. I want one for my tank but I don't think I have the PAR to keep the color....

I love that piece. It's come a long way since I first got it. Almost up to 8 heads now! What kind of lighting do you have? If you keep it up high I'm sure you could get away with it, it's a very hardy coral

I had a blast in Yosemite. I'll have to throw up a few photos of the adventure later.

Our pet sitter basically didn't do a damn thing for the puppy, cat and fish tank while my sister (on a separate vacation) and I were gone. I came home to the living room floor covered with crap and piss and the dog locked in the crate for what seemed to be a very long time. The tank was very low on water, so much so that the HOB couldn't pick up much water. Surprisingly no coral was lost but I did end up loosing my nem shrimp.

That is just soooo wrong :angry: I want to fly there and go Pompeii on her ass smiley-cutcha.gif

Tanks is looking good tho :) happy you made it through that...Def looking forward to Yosemite pix!

Archived