Pod Your Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

I'll try and find it for you, but there is a guy that has a similar type tank with all kinds of different lighting above it. He has it programmed for lightening and thunder and it actually rains on/in the tank.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its definitely not a easy project... will probably take a year and a half between having the house built. Getting tank built and installed. Do plumbing for tanks, waterchange , top off, closed loop, build enclosure panels. Build a massive electronically raisable led canopy to really imitate clouds with 150 channels of buckpucks. Build a rolling scaffold to access center of tank. Build a all red & natural white fudge fixture w/ 48 leads. Build a frag fixture. Create scape w/ 900lbs of sand. For a 2inch bed. And anywhere from 800-1100lb dry rock. 10inch dsb in fuge. Entire sump will be a return chamber specifically to do 200 gallon water changes with a 24 gallon pump chamber. Cycle for 2-3 months. Hope for the best estimated system weight is 6 tons or 11800lbs

When you walk in the front door it will be the display tank diagonally in front of you with a 4.5 ft stand so tank is at chest level. Floor under the tank will be welled 2 ft so it will be a 6.5ft room underneath the tank. Behind the tank will be two parallel walls with walkway in the middle. And the kitchen with long breakfast bar and a 18ft wall of 3ft pane windows.

Got lots of stuff to figure out with the loan. Can it be rolled into mortgage like a pool. Concrete slab poured or flooring. Finding land. Finding a contractor. Find architect to do blueprints. Finalize design of system sect ect

I haven't been able to get it outta my head. Massive shallow walk around cube....

:bling: :bling: :bling: :bling:

That sounds hella sweet.

Brad, a project like this competes with the big boy builds on RC. You must include a "fish room" and design twice as big as you think you need.

You go dude!!!! I can hear your brain gears grinding all the way down here.

Fish room will be 10x10x 6.5ft directtly underneath the tank. All secondary tanks will be against one wall. Sump raised 6 inches off floor and completely bare litter ally just for skimmer reactors and a complete drain on water change. Frag tank will be above it with a frag table beside it. And the fugr will be raised off the floor 1.5ft. Two 200 gallon food grade barrels one for salt one for ro which will leave me an area of about 7x7 to have a chair or a supplies cabinet estimated total cost without the delivery/install but including all equipment. 26k....without livestock...hmmm

12inch cube.

Siwelk. I've actually seen something similar to that DIY it was basically the same concept using 99.7% reflective tubing with convex lenses every few feet in the tube to gather the photons into a beam to continually spread and condense the ohotons down the length of the tube with a diffuser at the end. Prisms were used for junctions

Other necessities are either a overflow box or bulkheads which ever cab get here quicker. Wood for stand yes. Stain yes pump yes. Lights no

12inch cube.

Siwelk. I've actually seen something similar to that DIY it was basically the same concept using 99.7% reflective tubing with convex lenses every few feet in the tube to gather the photons into a beam to continually spread and condense the ohotons down the length of the tube with a diffuser at the end. Prisms were used for junctions

Sweeeet.

I'm wanting one of these, topped with solar panels and solatubes.

2 mile drive, razor wire. I disappear into this garage and take a frieght elevator to my crib.

main.jpg

B)

Lol.

I figure excavation and the foundation will cost more than the garage.

Nothing super fancy, just underground with the appearance of a utility/hwy maintenance garage.

Industrial up top.

Hard-wood party below.

Archived