SaltCritters.com

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since when are onions spicy? did you put the supremely spicy hummus on it?

Since they were put in the bagel. I dunno, it was early, I wasn't expecting it and spicy was the best way I could describe it. Like if you drank out of a bottle expecting water and got Gatorade. It wasn't bad, you just weren't ready for it. :lol:

Brad....my newly mixed saltwater (brightwell neo-marine) Kh tested at 6.1!!!!!! I found the culprit!!!! Holy smokes!!!!! Maybe I'll contact the company about this!!!!!

That also really sucks that it's a Brightwell product. I kind of feel like Eric when he recommended the frag farmer. :lol:

But know you know what's up and can fix it.

It stinks big time! The only other thing I can think is I didn't mix the bucket well enough before using. I need one of those paint mixers for my bucket of salt :lol:

I just tested the calcium. It's at 460. So do I just dose the alk and keep an eye on the calcium? I'm not sure what to do.

Darn it...it's a brand new bucket too :angry:

I guess I'll switch to a new salt brand when this bucket is done. Maybe I'll go back to Red Sea Coral pro. I did like it when I used it before.

I would contact the company and complain and ask for your money back.

Or have them send her Nano Code A and B/whatever their alk buffer is on top of refunding her money.

I'll contact them, I guess on Tuesday. Do I still use this water? I'm just about to do a change. If I use it, do I just dose the alk part?

I think I'll order the Red Sea Coral pro right away and start mixing the two together. Hopefully I'll get my money back and I can ditch this bucket altogether.

Yea just dose your alk part. Get it uppp. If it makes you feel any better I still have 100 gallons worth of instant ocean that I just use for brine phyto and such cause its worthless to my tank. The random run ins in this hobby can be extremely upsetting especially when we buy in bulk.

Thanks you guys....I just got done putting it in. It was difficult to put inferior product into my tank!

I just checked their website and will email them today and follow up with a call on Tuesday.

How do you switch salt brands? Just 50/50 or even slower than that?

I've used this brightwell all along but this is the first time I bought the big bucket. Before I was using the little bags. I remember testing the newly mixed water in the past and it checked out ok. Maybe this is a horribly bad batch.

Will do! Thank you :happy:

I just sent an email to Chris Brightwell. Hopefully he'll have some answers for me. I think I'll stick to small bags/boxes whenever possible. This really stinks.

Oh...gonna post some new pics shortly, on my thread!

Congrats joel! Haha if there weren't laws about shirts in public places I'd be shirtless all the time. I hate the feeling of shirts lol kinda like shoes...I'd wear sandals all the time if I could lol

My cousin went to NYu for a semester and hated it because he coulnt walk outside barefoot or in sandals like he could in Miami.

Will do! Thank you :happy:

I just sent an email to Chris Brightwell. Hopefully he'll have some answers for me. I think I'll stick to small bags/boxes whenever possible. This really stinks.

Oh...gonna post some new pics shortly, on my thread!

oooo yay looking forward to the pictars :P. Hopefully they do something about the salt gena :(

:lol: Yeah! Least if your in the kitchen.

haha yea Im constantly burning myself with splattering bacon grease on the griddle cause I cook shirtless rofl

My cousin went to NYu for a semester and hated it because he coulnt walk outside barefoot or in sandals like he could in Miami.

Yea...I love being barefoot...winter sucks lol

Archived