Top Shelf Aquatics

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

AIC has been around 7 or 8 so not too bad ... it used to be 12 and 13 at one point so doing much better MRS VAMPIRE !

LOL Good job!

Mine has been around 5-6. When I was first diagnosed, mine had reached 9. :o

Good, a pump wow that's nifty how does that work? :huh:

Do you like this music?

Yes I like Dub-step, DNB trance house etc all techno but electro, the beeping in the electro is headache inducing! :P

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
Good, a pump wow that's nifty how does that work? :huh:

Basically, your body produces insulin at a constant rate, and senses when it should give more (when you eat or drink something with carbohydrates). The pump works the same way - I've got a tube that goes into me that the pumps sends a very small, steady stream of insulin all the time, and I tell it to give me a 'bolus' of extra insulin when I eat.

Unfortunately (well, sorta), my real pancreas still works off and on, so sometimes my blood sugar levels will plummet because my real pancreas is all "chill dude, I got this!!" and my insulin pump is like "whatever man, I just work here" and I, essentially, get a double dose of insulin. Because of that, I went ahead and paid the extra $2500 or so and got a special thing called a continuous glucose monitor that gives me real-time updates on what my glucose levels look like, and it helps me to keep in control much tighter than before, and will let me know if it starts getting too low or too high and I can do something about it. Only problem is that it only works for 3 days then I have to change the sensor part of it and it has a big scary needle that inserts the tube thing.

2012_09_01__11_35_13.jpg

Basically, your body produces insulin at a constant rate, and senses when it should give more (when you eat or drink something with carbohydrates). The pump works the same way - I've got a tube that goes into me that the pumps sends a very small, steady stream of insulin all the time, and I tell it to give me a 'bolus' of extra insulin when I eat.

Unfortunately (well, sorta), my real pancreas still works off and on, so sometimes my blood sugar levels will plummet because my real pancreas is all "chill dude, I got this!!" and my insulin pump is like "whatever man, I just work here" and I, essentially, get a double dose of insulin. Because of that, I went ahead and paid the extra $2500 or so and got a special thing called a continuous glucose monitor that gives me real-time updates on what my glucose levels look like, and it helps me to keep in control much tighter than before, and will let me know if it starts getting too low or too high and I can do something about it. Only problem is that it only works for 3 days then I have to change the sensor part of it and it has a big scary needle that inserts the tube thing.

2012_09_01__11_35_13.jpg

EHHH! :o My goodness. Well you pancreas should just chill out and do it's job the whole time not half the time! I have treated Diabetes in dogs and cats, but humans are different. Never heard or knew of the pump before. Glad you have a handle, $2500 is a small price to pay for your life and well being. As for changing the needle, we have to do that every 3 days on hospitalized patients as well, I can only imagine their thoughts when we are getting ready to replace a IV catheter or something like flushing a urinary catheter and etc etc.

Well goad you boys are well I don't know where I would be right now in this hobby without your help!

WHAT? YOU GUYS ARE THE FIRST THAT AREN'T ANNOYED BY VOCALOID! omgomgomg

Do you find these annoying? Just for reference. If you find them annoying, I know Just Be Friends is just a good song. :P

Corona - Rin Kagamine -

Daiben - Hatsune Miku - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrCFNaV3_A

And to reference your vocaloid tastes to J-Pop...

Fashion Monster - Kyarypamyupamyu -

Opinion on those three? I'll use one of them in my next greenhouse music video. :happy:

Wow ... has grown out beautifully. As it should :happy:

Thanks girlie! You see I have a 12 gallon Nano now too! LMAO more tanks this hobby is addicting even to the other half.

How are you?

WHAT? YOU GUYS ARE THE FIRST THAT AREN'T ANNOYED BY VOCALOID! omgomgomg

Do you find these annoying? Just for reference. If you find them annoying, I know Just Be Friends is just a good song. :P

Corona - Rin Kagamine -

Daiben - Hatsune Miku - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrCFNaV3_A

And to reference your vocaloid tastes to J-Pop...

Fashion Monster - Kyarypamyupamyu -

Opinion on those three? I'll use one of them in my next greenhouse music video. :happy:

Give me 24 hours and I will let you know it's bed time gotta work tomorrow so calling it a night. ;)

surgicalsense

I finally landed a gig. I am back in health care. Doing god's work as a, Care giver. Not making what I did make in Security Investigations, but least it is a income. Weather is getting cold here. Not freezing yet, but burr-cold for sure now :)

How are you and the hubby? Work, everything. I need to ring you. Geesh, I have fallen to pieces a bit here in Abq. My car is still down also :angry:

Sweet! No, I wasn't able to read back that far. I am soooo behind with all of you guys and your tanks. Reefing is hard to do here in Abq. Shops are pretty limited, now I am on the move to find local reefers here. So far all I have found is folks who let there tanks go to crap and they have an over growth of certain types of corals <_<

I was told there is a local group here (a very small one at that) so I will see what I can do.

Mixed my first batch of water yesterday! :lol: ... I think I did pretty good for a first-timer. But I purchased my RODI at Walmart, was the suggestion of Southwest Reefs were I shop. 88c a bottle. Not bad for only making 5g's of SW. Seacem salt is really concentrated, wowza. I followed the directions to a T and it was still super high in the salinity and then I watered it down :lol: little at a time to reach my desired gravity.

I finally landed a gig. I am back in health care. Doing god's work as a, Care giver. Not making what I did make in Security Investigations, but least it is a income. Weather is getting cold here. Not freezing yet, but burr-cold for sure now :)

How are you and the hubby? Work, everything. I need to ring you. Geesh, I have fallen to pieces a bit here in Abq. My car is still down also :angry:

Sweet! No, I wasn't able to read back that far. I am soooo behind with all of you guys and your tanks. Reefing is hard to do here in Abq. Shops are pretty limited, now I am on the move to find local reefers here. So far all I have found is folks who let there tanks go to crap and they have an over growth of certain types of corals <_<

I was told there is a local group here (a very small one at that) so I will see what I can do.

Mixed my first batch of water yesterday! :lol: ... I think I did pretty good for a first-timer. But I purchased my RODI at Walmart, was the suggestion of Southwest Reefs were I shop. 88c a bottle. Not bad for only making 5g's of SW. Seacem salt is really concentrated, wowza. I followed the directions to a T and it was still super high in the salinity and then I watered it down :lol: little at a time to reach my desired gravity.

Well I am glad you were able to find something! Always have your roots to fall back on right! ;)

Bummer on the car? Any idea what your going to do with it? And yes you do! I am not sure anymore which # to call as I have the 2 for you, the last time we talked you were in the process of consolodating everything and were using the daughter's phone. :D SO I don't want to call the wrong one!

That's how it is here too, mostly people with Dedicated systems for a cretain type of coral or critter, not everyone seems to like a nice MIXED reef I guess!

Ha good glad your first mix went well, I may try doing that for the smaller tank and see what happens! LOL I still need a RODI system but buying the distilled is cheep enough for me to mix that tanks water.

Also I just read this online and started crying here at work. Just so true and children know and understand more then we give them credit for.

”People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”He continued, ‘Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”(From the mouth of a 6 year old boy after his pet was euthanized)

Live simply.

Love generously.

Care deeply.

Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and wind in your face.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you’re not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

That's sweet Randi. I can see why it made you cry :happy:

I truly think dogs are the perfect creatures.

Yes they are, cats on the other hand are just like monkeys! They are mischievous and want your attention but make you work to give it to them. Love them too though.

Yes they are, cats on the other hand are just like monkeys! They are mischievous and want your attention but make you work to give it to them. Love them too though.

I do like both but dogs are more responsive and looking for affection and attention whereas cats are kind of let's call it independent and only do what they want to do, not like dogs that respond to being called etc ...

I have one cat though that is always seeking to get stroked early in the morning and wants to sit on my Laptop, but then after about 10 or 15 minutes he takes off and I don't see him anymore till the next morning. My other cat (a she) is totally different and is not around during the day but comes in at nigh to sleep next to my wife after we have fallen asleep.

Of course the 3 dogs sleep in our bedroom ... and one usually will jump on the bed (the little rat terrier) and the second one (a mini-pin that must have been the product of one and a camel, given his size), tries to get on the bed but I keep him off it as he is a bit too large ...

I love my dogs and cats and sometimes give in to anything they want though ..

I do like both but dogs are more responsive and looking for affection and attention whereas cats are kind of let's call it independent and only do what they want to do, not like dogs that respond to being called etc ...

I have one cat though that is always seeking to get stroked early in the morning and wants to sit on my Laptop, but then after about 10 or 15 minutes he takes off and I don't see him anymore till the next morning. My other cat (a she) is totally different and is not around during the day but comes in at nigh to sleep next to my wife after we have fallen asleep.

Of course the 3 dogs sleep in our bedroom ... and one usually will jump on the bed (the little rat terrier) and the second one (a mini-pin that must have been the product of one and a camel, given his size), tries to get on the bed but I keep him off it as he is a bit too large ...

I love my dogs and cats and sometimes give in to anything they want though ..

How can you not! I mean they are 100% dependent on you for food water and shelter and love you for it. I spoil the Crud out of my critters and they act that way as well. :lol:

How can you not! I mean they are 100% dependent on you for food water and shelter and love you for it. I spoil the Crud out of my critters and they act that way as well. :lol:

+++ 1

Did you listen to the songs? :P

Not yet been busy, also getting 7 needles in the back every week for the last 3 weeks, I will listen tomorrow I promise! ;)

Not yet been busy, also getting 7 needles in the back every week for the last 3 weeks, I will listen tomorrow I promise! ;)

:tears:

Let me know also if this is annoying...

And the original version...

:tears:

Let me know also if this is annoying...

And the original version...

Why are you sad? LOL I will do Tomorrow I promise, drug induced opinions are not always right! :P

HermitCrabInvasion.jpg

Love the pic ... nice manipulation of the figures on it too ... and I posted a link to an article on the actual invasion on my thread a while ago as it was really happening !

Love the pic ... nice manipulation of the figures on it too ... and I posted a link to an article on the actual invasion on my thread a while ago as it was really happening !

LOL I know but I though it was just funny! Just like we are having a Lionfish invasion here and people are paid to kill them on site. Their taking over our natural reefs and eating everything.

LOL I know but I though it was just funny! Just like we are having a Lionfish invasion here and people are paid to kill them on site. Their taking over our natural reefs and eating everything.

Yes first Lionfish and then Crabs. Wonder what is next ... Loch Ness Monsters invading the Florida Coast maybe? Or an invasion of Yeti's in the marshlands down in FLA's Okefenokee swamps

Of course huge Mantis shrimp that can crawl on land too would be a bit of a problem .. :-)

Yes first Lionfish and then Crabs. Wonder what is next ... Loch Ness Monsters invading the Florida Coast maybe? Or an invasion of Yeti's in the marshlands down in FLA's Okefenokee swamps

Of course huge Mantis shrimp that can crawl on land too would be a bit of a problem .. :-)

LMAO! As long as the Mantis that can walk on land is the smasher not the stabber kind I am good!

OH have you not seen the news!? Bog Foot has been moving further south as of late and people have noticed him more south then ever before! Bet we get those soon too! :lol:

LMAO! As long as the Mantis that can walk on land is the smasher not the stabber kind I am good!

OH have you not seen the news!? Bog Foot has been moving further south as of late and people have noticed him more south then ever before! Bet we get those soon too! :lol:

The Smashers will turn you into mush ... not good IMO ...

And on Big Foot :

This one which I just took a pic off last night in my neighbors backyard :

bfoot.png

The Smashers will turn you into mush ... not good IMO ...

And on Big Foot :

This one which I just took a pic off last night in my neighbors backyard :

bfoot.png

But the spearers will skewer me! And with my being a midget person it would cut me in half. At least I can hide under things with the smashers! :P

OMG their in your area! Better get the Squatch watch there! :lol:

Archived