ReefCleaners.org

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

I know! Tehy must but when I stare at it all day every day I don't notice it, gone for 5 days and BOOM! everything is HUGE!

Oh and we might be getting a White Shorthair German Shepard ..... Hubby wants her and a client of his can't handle her.....

Oh Joy -_- Not really she is beautiful but another pet! LMAO

Another pup? I would love to get a labradoodle. My in-laws have one and he's adorable!!!!!!! I definitely can't add anymore pets right now though. We're dealing with old-age syndrome at our house. It's just starting with the one cat. Has me thinking how they won't be with us forever and that gets me down :(

I think Randi used the red slime away before with success.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another pup? I would love to get a labradoodle. My in-laws have one and he's adorable!!!!!!! I definitely can't add anymore pets right now though. We're dealing with old-age syndrome at our house. It's just starting with the one cat. Has me thinking how they won't be with us forever and that gets me down :(

I did too once, but the second time nearly killed the tank. Make sure you put a crapload of those air stones in there if you do it Randi. :P

I like my doggie, you should get one of these...

I like little dogs... I want a Pomeranian too, a white or tan one that is really fluffy. :D

Also, look at Jenna Mourey's dogs, Marbles and Kermit, they're sooo cute because they're small. :wub:

But I understand if you like bigger dogs. German Shepards aren't cool. Get one of these, it looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom... http://mahavirkhachar.webs.com/photos/big-dog-1.jpg

I like little dogs... I want a Pomeranian too, a white or tan one that is really fluffy. :D

Awesome video!!!! I like your collection of moss :)

Is your dog named Cat? Funny enough....I've been bitten by one dog in my lifetime and it was by a Sheltie. Is that what yours is? I was a kid and walked into my neighbors yard. Rounded the corner of the back of her house and the dog attacked me. We startled each other. It wasn't a vicious attack, but a nip and enough to make me not like those dogs very much ;)

Awesome video!!!! I like your collection of moss :)

Is your dog named Cat? Funny enough....I've been bitten by one dog in my lifetime and it was by a Sheltie. Is that what yours is? I was a kid and walked into my neighbors yard. Rounded the corner of the back of her house and the dog attacked me. We startled each other. It wasn't a vicious attack, but a nip and enough to make me not like those dogs very much ;)

Nooo lol... Somebody said they would give me seeds if I could do an entire video without saying like and they said I get bonus points if there is a cat, and I had no cat at my disposal so I used a dog. :D

Yes, it is a Sheltie, but they aren't that bad... They are always really cute and nice. I like harassing my Sheltie by blowing on her head. If you just put your head around her face and take a deep breath in like "huuuuuuuh" she gets really angry and starts growling. Today she bit me in the face. :D

And when I was playing with her a few weeks after getting her, she bit through my nose... Like the part separating the nostrils, she stuck her tooth through that and it was squirting out blood and I had to go to the emergency room and get a tetris shot. :lol:

Shelties are really cute and nice usually though. :)

You shouldn't let your dog bite you on the face :lol:

I'm sure they are very sweet dogs. But, I think maybe a little high strung? They are definitely very cute.

You shouldn't let your dog bite you on the face :lol:

I'm sure they are very sweet dogs. But, I think maybe a little high strung? They are definitely very cute.

Yeah, they're very cute. Whenever I walk her in a busy area like a park, literally a fourth of the people we pass will say "that's such a cute dog!" or they will stop and comment and pet her and stuff. When my mom takes her walking with my friend's dogs, everyone stops and comments on my dog and ignores my friend's dogs. It's pretty lulz. :P

My sister was attacked by Dobermans when she was really young and she was scared of dogs until we got one and I was as well because I just saw how she reacted and I copied it as I grew up, so I was super nervous around dogs. My mom has a video of the day we brought my dog home. She was maybe 10", super tiny puppy. We had her outside immediately after we brought her home and she started walking towards me and I screamed and ran away crying, it was hilarious but I was so freaking scared of a cute little puppy. If I can find it, I might upload it to YouTube. :lol:

DO NOT USE THE RED SLIME AWAY! I used some in my RSM 130 and that is what oxygen deprived it. That nearly killed everything in the tank. It was all retracted and the clowns were on the bottom, it was terrible. Cure it with water changes and good params and siphon it off weekly. :)

Use ChemiClean instead and aerate and aerate and run power heads to keep water moving esp. at the top and re-oxygenate itself.

I think the instructions on those kind of products say so in fact. I know ChemiClean does.

DO NOT USE THE RED SLIME AWAY! I used some in my RSM 130 and that is what oxygen deprived it. That nearly killed everything in the tank. It was all retracted and the clowns were on the bottom, it was terrible. Cure it with water changes and good params and siphon it off weekly. :)

I have not used it Joel did, I have a HUGE skimmer going and you should see the surface agitation, there is no way it will oxygen deprive my tank hun but thanks for the concern.

Joel did and no ill effects.

We decided that unless they are very desperate to get rid of the dog that we won't take her. If they are we will, we just don't have time right now though.

I did too once, but the second time nearly killed the tank. Make sure you put a crapload of those air stones in there if you do it Randi. :P

Also, look at Jenna Mourey's dogs, Marbles and Kermit, they're sooo cute because they're small. :wub:

But I understand if you like bigger dogs. German Shepards aren't cool. Get one of these, it looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom... http://mahavirkhachar.webs.com/photos/big-dog-1.jpg

I don't do little dogs..... I like something over 40 pounds that you can wrestle with.

Use ChemiClean instead and aerate and aerate and run power heads to keep water moving esp. at the top and re-oxygenate itself.

I think the instructions on those kind of products say so in fact. I know ChemiClean does.

Where would one find that at the local lfs? All they have is Red Slime Away down here? I will look for it but if all they have is the RSA I will have to get it. I am going to ask Joel re his experience but he used it and so has Got2Envy without any issues.

Where would one find that at the local lfs? All they have is Red Slime Away down here? I will look for it but if all they have is the RSA I will have to get it. I am going to ask Joel re his experience but he used it and so has Got2Envy without any issues.

The one difference between the two is that ChemiClean does not have the Erythromycin in it (not the succinate anyway) and from the thread on the Forum here in disease and pests, all those who use the Boyd one report excellent results

My LFS carries it but if yours do not then order it online

I've had good luck with chemi-clean also. Always did a big WC after about 24 hours.

As far as I know and based on the thread on this forum if one does not overdose there are no ill effects from ChemiClean but I have read a few horror stories about other brands.

The one difference between the two is that ChemiClean does not have the Erythromycin in it (not the succinate anyway) and from the thread on the Forum here in disease and pests, all those who use the Boyd one report excellent results

My LFS carries it but if yours do not then order it online

I've had good luck with chemi-clean also. Always did a big WC after about 24 hours.

Thanks guys, I found it local but I am going to try manual removal for now as it is isolated to the sand and a few select rocks, if that doesn't work then I will get it. I did find it at the LFS here that I despise but I hate to use chemicals in the tank.

I was very tempted to get a fish for the nano today as I saw a Green Clown Goby that was Teeny tiny he was so fricking cute! And I found my sand at that crap LFS!

So 15 gallon WC on this monster today, and adding sand to the little tank and all I need is the new ATI bulbs for the Dual 40's and the T5 lamp for the nano!

No no, ChemiClean is what I used... I thought she meant that by Red Slime Away, maybe it's two different things. THAT SHIZZ IS DANGEROUS. :P

No no, ChemiClean is what I used... I thought she meant that by Red Slime Away, maybe it's two different things. THAT SHIZZ IS DANGEROUS. :P

Yes ChemiClean is the one !

OMG I may have to go get him today! BAH why did you post that! He was like 2 cm long! ARGH! :P

Yes I know I decided to wait, right after I got hom the FL Cerths decided to chow the patches on the sand in the DT. I just need some more for the SUMP and I am gravy. ;) So manual removal it will be.

Yes ChemiClean is the one !

Yep was not going to buy anything unless it was that because of your advise and Mr. Joel Hale he used it as well with great success.

Okay what's the verdict on the GCG? Should I grab him? It's at the crap LFS but he is fat and happy and very alert, he saw me and gave me a second to catch him then hid! LOL :lol: Teeny guy!

Although it would hinder my plans on a Maxi Mini..... Oh well I can sacrafice it for a fish! :P;)

jedimasterben

A green clown goby? Since you have a lot of SPS it might not damage any one of them too badly by nibbling on the polyps, but I don't think I would take the chance.

OMG I may have to go get him today! BAH why did you post that! He was like 2 cm long! ARGH! :P

Yep was not going to buy anything unless it was that because of your advise and Mr. Joel Hale he used it as well with great success.

Okay what's the verdict on the GCG? Should I grab him? It's at the crap LFS but he is fat and happy and very alert, he saw me and gave me a second to catch him then hid! LOL :lol: Teeny guy!

Although it would hinder my plans on a Maxi Mini..... Oh well I can sacrafice it for a fish! :P;)

2 cm about half of mature size .. .but if you have SPS in that tank and as Ben said ... be careful with Clown Gobies ..

And yes on the ChemiClean if you can keep it under control then maybe you don't need to treat but IME once i starts it is hard to get rid off without a treatment but there are always exceptions.

BTW ... passed the 200 page mark on the new book yesterday !

A green clown goby? Since you have a lot of SPS it might not damage any one of them too badly by nibbling on the polyps, but I don't think I would take the chance.

Silly for the nano! I know about them and SPS no way I would put him in this tank! ;)

2 cm about half of mature size .. .but if you have SPS in that tank and as Ben said ... be careful with Clown Gobies ..

And yes on the ChemiClean if you can keep it under control then maybe you don't need to treat but IME once i starts it is hard to get rid off without a treatment but there are always exceptions.

BTW ... passed the 200 page mark on the new book yesterday !

Yeah I am trying to decide, I am so torn with the choices for nano fish their all so fricking cute! I wouldn't put him in with SPS as I know their track record and as for the cyano I have beaten it once before when I had a bloom in the bowfront, I will do a WC this weekend as I couldn't yesterday (no help, I really need a pump I can use to put the water in the tank so I don't need him to lift the buckets for me) and do a thorough cleaning of the SUMP as well.

I am wondering if the starfish kicked the bucket while I was gone, I haven't seen him since we got back and it would explain the bloom...... Oh well IDK I will look for him when I clean the tank. -_-

AWESOME on the book I saw you had Maria post it on PBMAS awesome!

So this weekend I am hoping to get : (if okayed by the husband)

3 polyp rasta

3 polyp blue hornet

3 polyp red hornet

2 polyp Sunny D

3-10+ polyps King Midas

All for a STEAL! I love the locals!

And now some Candy Apple Reds! B)

Man oh man having a local reef club is awesome! ;)

Awesome list! Eventually I'll probably get some red/blue hornets. Apparently they like low lighting which is good, cuz I have a lot of that :lol:

I'm getting Candy Apple Reds tomorrow :) I've been wanting those for awhile. I picked up some Candy Apple Pinks which are really nice too!!!!!

Awesome list! Eventually I'll probably get some red/blue hornets. Apparently they like low lighting which is good, cuz I have a lot of that :lol:

I'm getting Candy Apple Reds tomorrow :) I've been wanting those for awhile. I picked up some Candy Apple Pinks which are really nice too!!!!!

I know! I was so excited! At least I know they can be the base of the zoa garden and then the rest can get placed higher up and after they grow a bit fragged for the nano!

The Midas I am getting anywhere from 3-10+ polyps as he said he may have to give me that many.... but is only charging for 3! I love my locals!

The whole first list is topping out at $100

The Candy Apple Reds are going to be a trade for some Dragons Breath! :o IKR! Hey whatever he can have a nice chunk for that.

And I am trading a few 2-3 polyp frags of the Loops for Purple Death Palys, and some more Blue Hornets! So scored it big this time. I am pretty pleased.

Oh and I am posting a link on facebook to the site the husband and I have created for trading of corals, fish, inverts and etc either locally or if the sellers are willing shipped. All the payment's will be the responsibility of the seller and sellie I will have nothing to do with the money aspect!

Our Big Project (Yeah I know it is Bigger then a Reef Tank!)

Andrew and I have been thinking of ways to bring people together in this wonderful hobby from coast to coast via trading/selling corals, inverts, fish and dry goods. So we created a site directly dedicated to Education and Selling and trading. Being in this club and meeting the members and trading/buying from each other is what inspired this.

As always with new sites we are dying for educational content and anyone who would like to contribute would get credit on the site. There is no fee for signing up and no fee for selling or trading on the site.

We took a step back and have kept it so the payment part is up to the seller and hope to see many people begin to use this site soon. Look for write ups from Morgan Moore and others as the site comes together fully.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any opinions. I do not want it to be a forum and you will see there isn't one, strictly a trading/selling and learning site where you can read and find articles in one place. Makes it very easy for the people looking for the information.

The sites address is http://reefcandy.org/

Again thank you guys, Andrew did all the work on the site and we hope to see more and more people on there soon.

Randi

Our Big Project (Yeah I know it is Bigger then a Reef Tank!)

Andrew and I have been thinking of ways to bring people together in this wonderful hobby from coast to coast via trading/selling corals, inverts, fish and dry goods. So we created a site directly dedicated to Education and Selling and trading. Being in this club and meeting the members and trading/buying from each other is what inspired this.

As always with new sites we are dying for educational content and anyone who would like to contribute would get credit on the site. There is no fee for signing up and no fee for selling or trading on the site.

We took a step back and have kept it so the payment part is up to the seller and hope to see many people begin to use this site soon. Look for write ups from Morgan Moore and others as the site comes together fully.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any opinions. I do not want it to be a forum and you will see there isn't one, strictly a trading/selling and learning site where you can read and find articles in one place. Makes it very easy for the people looking for the information.

The sites address is http://reefcandy.org/

Again thank you guys, Andrew did all the work on the site and we hope to see more and more people on there soon.

Randi

Just took a peak into the site..........way cool! :)

Archived